Hope nobody here has to go thru this

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
Early this morning, on my way to Seattle, I was the first person to this.

After first calling 911 I went to check the occupants - another guy had stopped while I was on the call and was at the rollover when I got there. If you read the article you know what happened and how it ended. What it didn't say is how long responders took to arrive and how horrible it was to try to comfort the kid while not being able to help either of them at all.

I don't think I'll sleep well for sometime.

Edit: Jeezus... in re-reading this is sounds like I'm making it about me. The message was supposed to be how horrible it was to try to talk to the kid while he was wailing for his father, knowing he had maybe been the cause. I can't tell you how horrible I feel for him.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
I hate being the first person to an auto or motorcycle accident. I am not an EMT so I feel relatively helpless.

Once while riding in the Mojave Desert I came across a dune buggy accident. All four occupants were dead. And the two girls that had been sitting in the back were not seat belted in.

When the buggy was in the air the nose dropped, dug in on landing, flipped over forwards, and the roll bar cut both the girls heads off. Nothing I could do other than cover them with a tarp and ride back to the road to guide in the coroner and CHP once I got a cell signal.

That one gave me nightmares for a long time. I hope you don't relive finding today's accident. At least you were able to do some good by helping out that poor kid.

Ass Eyes

Helter Skelter
Established Member
I hate being the first person to an auto or motorcycle accident. I am not an EMT so I feel relatively helpless.

Once while riding in the Mojave Desert I came across a dune buggy accident. All four occupants were dead. And the two girls that had been sitting in the back were not seat belted in.

When the buggy was in the air the nose dropped, dug in on landing, flipped over forwards, and the roll bar cut both the girls heads off. Nothing I could do other than cover them with a tarp and ride back to the road to guide in the coroner and CHP once I got a cell signal.

That one gave me nightmares for a long time. I hope you don't relive finding today's accident. At least you were able to do some good by helping out that poor kid.

As bad as this was, it wasn't anything like what you dealt with. I'm sure I wouldn't sleep after that one.

I'll never forget the kid's cries as long as I live - so much anguish.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
The one I encountered only made me mad.

The mom appeared to be drugged out (flipped her car into a ditch right in front of me and my carpool buddy).

The bitch crawled over her children to get the **** out of the car, and was only complaining about herself, while her two kids that looked to be 7yo (boy) and 5yo (girl), were trapped in the upside down car that might catch fire at any time. Also, the 7yo boy's legs were pretty much broken to hell and the 5yo was unconscious. There were a few of us who worked to get the kids out of the car, while the mom complained about her aches and pains. It was all I could do to not punch that bitch.

The kids were heli-vacced out and seemed to have survivable injuries, but who knows what happened afterwards. Especially with the young one that was breathing but still unconscious when she was flown out.

I tried to follow-up and check on the kids (called hospital and PD), but the cops/nurses couldn't tell me anything, since I wasn't family.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Been thru it many times

Yes sir Leo's like yourself, D and many others experience these unforgettable situations. It sometimes takes away from you or leaves an empty feeling. I'll never forget the man who idiotically waived a pistol(BBE gun) at several police officers and was gunned down quickly. Saw everything if front of NAS drive. Even the naval base offered appointments for the traumatic scene. Our family owns a funeral home and it's depressing. Op you'll never forget it and good luck coping.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
this.

What it didn't say is how long responders took to arrive and how horrible it was to try to comfort the kid while not being able to help either of them at all.

That's not true. You did help them. You called 911 and you comforted the son the best you possibly could. You stopped, and did everything you could.

Many people would have kept driving… but you decided to help. It was very admirable of you. If something like that happens to me or my family, I hope someone like you stops to help.

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
You did the best you could man. Back in 2008 when I was 15, I was in an accident similar to that where my mom and best friend almost died. He was in a coma for 2 weeks with 3 broken vertebrae, 3 ribs, 3 in his jaw (had to be wired shut), 2 in each collar bone, etc etc and my mom broke 4 ribs, punctured a lung and knocked out all her teeth in the left side of her mouth and had to have her lip reconstructed in surgery.

I crawled out of our car that was upside down in a ditch trying to get people to help. But they just drove by as I waved and screamed at them with our car and the jeep that hit us then flipped over in the intersection in plain sight. Though one man stopped and called 911 then pulled me away from my mom that we couldn't get out of her seatbelt and made me sit on the other side of the road holding me as I cried until the ambulances and helicopter arrived to take my friend to Vanderbilt. I'll never get those cries and screams of help from my mom out of my head. If it wasn't for that guy, I don't know what I would've done to the asshole drunk jeep driver that got out and just sat there. But I never saw the guy that helped again after the ambulance took me but I'd give anything to figure out who he was just to thank him for what he did for me.

This was an absolutely horrible situation you had to go through, but you truly did a great deed today man. Never forget that

nxhappy

Established Member

**** that's terrible man. do you ride out at jawbone ?

last year when we went some guy got air lifted on the chopper ...

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
That's not true. You did help them. You called 911 and you comforted the son the best you possibly could. You stopped, and did everything you could.

Many people would have kept driving… but you decided to help. It was very admirable of you. If something like that happens to me or my family, I hope someone like you stops to help.

Agreed. You could have just stopped and called 911 and left it at that but the fact that you did what you could shows you have a heart.

musclefan21

Established Member
Seen that a lot... It is crazy how physically messed up some people get after a crash...

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
i totally understand what your saying. I've come up on a grizzly accident before. it messes with your head to see another Human being seriously injured and manic.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As bad as this was, it wasn't anything like what you dealt with. I'm sure I wouldn't sleep after that one.

I'll never forget the kid's cries as long as I live - so much anguish.

I can well imagine how hard it would be to get those cries out of your head. I do hope and pray that you get over this. Such a horrible experience. I feel so bad for the 19 year old son (driver), too. Horrible all around.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My oldest boy is a Paramedic here and has told me countless stories like this. Not quite sure how they do it.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
That kinda stuff is terrible. When I was young I had gone to pick up my girlfriend and bring her back over to my place. On the way back I noticed some stuff all over the road that hadn't been there like 5 minutes before so we stopped. I got out and looked around and saw a truck down the embankment flipped over into a creek. My girlfriend took the car to the store to call 911 and I climbed down. I found a drunk dude hanging upside down in the truck with no seat belt on. I don't know how he was pinned in there but I couldn't get him out. It was around 10 pm and I couldn't see anything inside the truck. I just remember being half in half out of his window, smelling coolant and gasoline, with this dude going in and out of consciousness. He felt like he was wet, and I was thinking how lucky he was that he didn't stay in the creek. After the cops got there and I went back up to the road I realized he wasn't wet he was covered in blood. I felt so frustrated and helpless because I couldn't get him out of the truck. Only way I was able to square it in my mind was convincing myself that had I not noticed the shit all over the road and stopped, dude may have been there for quite some time. I think he had gone off the side of the road and tapped a tree, and when he spun or flipped it threw grass and sticks onto the road. If I hadn't just been through there I don't think anyone else would have thought twice about that stuff.
You helped man, you stopped and did the best you could do. Who knows how long they would have been there if you hadn't stopped and called 911.

Torrance

Shenanigans!
Established Member
We live on the deadliest part of I-65, between Nashville and Louisville. So many wrecks that we,ve encountered on our way to and from work.
No matter how bad, it's always best to stay until you're told to go. Several sad moments, but a few that turn out ok.
My wife gets really torn up, she's a nurse, but by law can only do so much roadside.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Sadly I was right behind a accident that was pretty horrible to see, and only got worse. 16 year old girl skips school, doesnt even have a drivers license, and was texting when she plowed this 19 year old girl, who had just had a fight with her parents and was moving her stuff out... she had her wheel fully turned and was pushed into a loaded milk tanker and it happened right in front of me as i was turning off the highway on the same road as the 19 year old. Milk truck was doing 70, as was the 16 year old that hit her..milk truck destroyed that car, gives me goosebumps even thinking about it, ripped the air tank off i guess cause he had no brakes and rolled like 2 miles to a stop. Was in my shelby with new DR's and couldn't get closer because of all the debris in the road. I hop out and run over, you can barely tell it was a car and her hand and leg there hanging out the window, very disturbing position. I can close my eyes and still see it, fresh gotta have it green finger nail paint, 16 year old girl just sobbing in the middle of the road..not injured at all, truck driver finally makes it to the scene, he is sobbing too. For the next few weeks all her friends gathered at the same spot, every night. Young girl got charged as an adult, think she got like 15 years.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
The guy that stops and helps in these situations is the true hero. 4 years ago (I was 19) I wrecked my first SRT-4 street racing in a town about 45 minutes from home. I hit a curb, went airborne and smashed into a monument going 80+mph because the kid I was racing said let's go down this road. My lane ended up becoming a turn lane and I had no where to go.. Stupid dumb mistake that was all on me racing on a road I wasn't familiar with, and I'm glad I didn't end up hitting anyone else or injuring another person. Needless to say it was a horrific wreck, that I'm very lucky to still be alive from. But a complete stranger saw the entire thing happen and rushed over and drug me out of the car, he even rode with me to the local hospital and waited with me until my parents got there an hour after the original incident happened.

Trust me when I say this, no matter what you can or cannot do for someone in that situation they will never forget that you were there in that situation.

Last edited:

jmrnjd

Established Member
I've seen some horrific accidents in my life! It is a helpless feeling waiting for emts. I'll never forget when my friends were behind me in a 90 gt. He try to take the corner too fast and started fishtailing until he hit a car head on at like 50ish. My friend had broken both ankles and his jaw in pieces. Passenger messed his neck up. Bad but the old man in the other car he hit was turning blue. He was dying right in front of me.it was scary and being 16 at the time I was very scared. I performed CPR as best I could til emts arrived. Unfortunately he died a few days later. I still resent my friend for killing that man. Our group of friends always told him how bad of a driver he was. He should have never been able to dry a fast car. Especially an ass happy foxbody.

Users who are viewing this thread