Hood vent question?

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
Is there any aftermarket company making replacement hood vents out of chrome instead of cheap black plastic? Just a thought.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Stainless steel or clear anodized billet aluminum would be nice too... w/ a quick release(from below) to aid in waxing...

Put me down if someone steps up and makes them.

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
I know a few times something similar on the LS boards came up and when enough people showed interest, they got a group purchase going and one of the aftermarket companies manufactured said item.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
TTT

I wonder if Doug at Billet flow... or George at MGW... would consider this profitable... Both are capable of exquisite quality and exacting design standards!!!

Plus....I would think a quick release feature would be a HUGE PLUS... since wax gets in them so easy and the present retaining clips are a FREAKING P. I. A. !!!!

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
How many Cobra owners do you think would want them if they saw them - about as many Cobra owners that changed their front emblem and added a "cobra" to the rear bumper cover.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
LDC is thinking about making them. I like the idea of the quick release. Is there enough interest for us to do them? Would you guys buy them?

BoneCrusher

Established Member
I'm in 100% and probably most of the Steel City guys would be in too, anywhere from 10-20 possibly. We were trying to get a local guy to make us some billet ones but there was an incident, lol. I love the quick release idea, someone please make these!

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
flyn high again said:
LDC is thinking about making them. I like the idea of the quick release. Is there enough interest for us to do them? Would you guys buy them?

Yes ... but perhaps not on the initial release... due to open track mods still pending purchase(IE: cooling)

I think it would be a very tasteful and helpful mod for those of us that... don't like too much bling but .... when it's right... we just can't say no.

I'm thinking a brushed aluminum... or a stainless steel... as opposed to a highly polished look or chrome...

By going billet aluminum or cast or stainless the addition of anodizing for finish options would give a wide range of choices for not a lot of money..

My choice would be a mat titanium type of finish slightly darker than machine finished stainless.

BTW... sorry about forgetting to include LDC in that post... your quality, attention to detail, design functionality, small company size, flexibility, and excellent service make your company a perfect fit for this project... I hope you find it worthy of your time and capital. :bowdown:

I for one will "sport em" as soon as funds and product availability allow.

Jimmy :beer:

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
snip...Yes ... but perhaps not on the initial release... due to open track mods still pending purchase(IE: cooling)...snip

You must remember the people that have extended warranties here don't have anything else to buy except for the basic intake, exhaust, and shifter!

THC

Last edited:

JymBart

Established Member
flyn high again said:

Hope you three follow up on this, .. put me on the list. Now do you have any idea when you might be releasing the HE straps?

JymBart

Users who are viewing this thread