Hood vent question?

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
flyn high again said:
I've been looking at weatherproof fans for just this purpose.

Now that would be a good joint venture.....have Doug produce the vents with mountable points for LDC's fans....I can see it now!

THC

dougwg

Established Member
Here is a pic of the preliminary prototype....

this is just the border piece that we are using for fitting the grill to the hood.

We will have a few different designs for the grill portion of the vents

some ideas are:

Teeth
Slats
Holes
Tribal
Flames

anyway here is a pic

hood-vent-01.jpg
hood-vent-01.jpg

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
^^ All I can say is WOW! Now for the center part that actually fills the whole thing would be cool in all of those ideas you posted but I think the stock design (long teeth, whatever you want to call it) would look pretty sweet IMO.

As for colors, are they only coming in silver like that or can we get black pieces if we would like?

Thanks in advance,

THC

strzelczykj

Established Member
Black slats or black fine screen with the silver border would be great on my slver 03. Please post as soon as they are available. I want a set.

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
Well slits like the original are a must..........and anything else available would be nice.

A cutout letters on each that say SVT would be cool!

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
It was just a suggestion. :idea:
Besides, SVT would be less rice than some other things. :shrug:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Oh man I can't wait to get a hold of these bad boys. That's the one last appearance mod I have been waiting for (for a loooong time).

Oh yeah I forgot to say I think the stock grill pattern should be the first option and it would be cool if some of the others were there as a choice. Not sure if that is too much work or not, just my thoughts.

Last edited:

gehoben

Established Member
mesh

mesh like in the grill of a Z06 chromed......that would be ultimate

Mad Max

Mod Crazy
Established Member
I hope the stock appearing vent will be available in a polished aluminum? That is what I would like!!

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
flyn high again said:
I've been looking at weatherproof fans for just this purpose.

I already designed a bracket and mounted 2 fans in each side of my hood vents, but I got all kinds of flack on here about how useless of a mod it was.

I personally think it helped my under hood temps some, especially when driving in traffic and at lower speeds. I never made any claims of increased horsepower.

I also took a bunch of flack about how I was blocking air flow by putting fans in there, but if anyone had bothered to look at my design closer they would have seen that I didn't seal the fans in the vent completely and any overpressure could easily pass out between the bracket and the vent just like the gap between the vent and the stock hood vent flap.

The fans I used were not weather proof and I had them on for almost 1 year and never removed them during rain or washing the car and did not have any failures, They were an 80 MM Fan that moved about 50 CFM each and I had 2 mounted in each vent, that's 200 CFM of air flow. I've had to remove them thou now because I put an Aluminum IC Tank in and there isnt enough clearance for my original design for the hood to shut. Maybe with some modification and some low profile fans it could be made to work again.

VentInstall.jpg

HoodVent.jpg

VentCloseup.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread