Hood vent question?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I will most likely get in on the next batch. I am still suffering from the minor hemorrhage of money that was spent on the Whipple, paint, etc, etc. But these as well as new gauges are the first thing on my list for the car..with a turbo, or shot of happy gas for the bike being a close second :)

-Jeff

lafave

Cop didn't see it....
Established Member
Make them.

ve2j3c.jpg

TEABG

Banned
BLK03SVT10TH said:
I already designed a bracket and mounted 2 fans in each side of my hood vents, but I got all kinds of flack on here about how useless of a mod it was.

I personally think it helped my under hood temps some, especially when driving in traffic and at lower speeds. I never made any claims of increased horsepower.

I also took a bunch of flack about how I was blocking air flow by putting fans in there, but if anyone had bothered to look at my design closer they would have seen that I didn't seal the fans in the vent completely and any overpressure could easily pass out between the bracket and the vent just like the gap between the vent and the stock hood vent flap.

The fans I used were not weather proof and I had them on for almost 1 year and never removed them during rain or washing the car and did not have any failures, They were an 80 MM Fan that moved about 50 CFM each and I had 2 mounted in each vent, that's 200 CFM of air flow. I've had to remove them thou now because I put an Aluminum IC Tank in and there isnt enough clearance for my original design for the hood to shut. Maybe with some modification and some low profile fans it could be made to work again.

VentInstall.jpg

HoodVent.jpg

VentCloseup.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tank5879

Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
TTT

I wonder if Doug at Billet flow... or George at MGW... would consider this profitable... Both are capable of exquisite quality and exacting design standards!!!

Plus....I would think a quick release feature would be a HUGE PLUS... since wax gets in them so easy and the present retaining clips are a FREAKING P. I. A. !!!!

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Use ZAINO and that will take care of that problem!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread