Honor Student punished for driving drunk friend home from party....

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
What total BS and talk about setting the wrong example "the school board". :shrug: She should have gotten an award for keeping a drunk from potentially driving.

Ya, let's designate all honor students at every high school as authorities to drive drunken kids home - brilliant. :nonono:

If she was so smart, why didn't she call the students parents? Hey, she f'd up, and now she's paying the price...:rockon:

Kevins89notch

Established Member
she wasnt even drinking, so i dont see what no tolerance rule she broke? :shrug:

So can I watch an illegal street race and tell the cops, "I wasn't racing!"

While I agree it's BS she's in trouble, it's easy logic to see. An underaged party got busted, cops rounded up the names of everyone and handed them to the school. She had good intentions, just horrible timing.

Edit: to further point out the issue at hand, she could have said, "I don't want to to be there if the cops show, walk down the block and I'll pick you up there." Problem solved.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Just wait till the school ends up paying million dollar law suit. She an her parents will win.

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I wonder if she A. picked up her friend because the cops were coming. and or B. was driving after curfew.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
this is just crazy, I usually try to understand both sides of an agurement but I'll just click out of this thread and act like I didnt read that. That is just wrong and I hope the student takes it to court and wins

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
she wasnt even drinking, so i dont see what no tolerance rule she broke? :shrug:

Lots of schools make kids sign some bs pledge about "zero tolerance" which includes activities outside of school. If they don't comply they don't get to play sports, or participate in school functions. I still never got how such a pledge was legal. We had one that had to be signed by all students, and if you didn't sign it, you got detention, indefinitely until it was signed.

And this pledge is incredibly vague. It includes not going to any party or event where there is alcohol. Kids have been busted for going to family functions where there's alcohol under their code of conduct, which is really outrageous.

One of our teams got suspended for a week (sport suspension, not school) because several of them went to a party where there was alcohol. Except even though there was only about 10 individuals on the team that went, they punished EVERYONE. I even got caught up in it, and I wasn't even invited, let alone knew of it.

The one thing they are teaching is to obey blindly.

Last edited:

Lemmiwinks

Established Member
****ing genious, very well done you stupid ****s!
Now, she was the good guy (girl) and she picked up her friend because ofcourse, her friend did not want to drive while drunk.
But what does her friend feel like now? In the future, instead of getting her friends busted for his/her alcohol level he/she will drive drunk instead.

Just like a stupid law in Sweden.
If I'm drunk and I decide to take the bike instead of the car, I can loose my drivers license for being drunk on a bike. Yes, true story.
Ofcourse I take the bike anyways because I seriously don't want to drive drunk. But what about others? If they're going to loose the license anyways, ofcourse they'll take the car!

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Ya, let's designate all honor students at every high school as authorities to drive drunken kids home - brilliant. :nonono:

If she was so smart, why didn't she call the students parents? Hey, she f'd up, and now she's paying the price...:rockon:

So can I watch an illegal street race and tell the cops, "I wasn't racing!"

While I agree it's BS she's in trouble, it's easy logic to see. An underaged party got busted, cops rounded up the names of everyone and handed them to the school. She had good intentions, just horrible timing.

Edit: to further point out the issue at hand, she could have said, "I don't want to to be there if the cops show, walk down the block and I'll pick you up there." Problem solved.

Wait - so you two are actually trying to defend this decision?

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Absolutely 100%, because your logic is flawed.

This makes sense?
Ya, let's designate all honor students at every high school as authorities to drive drunken kids home. Oh, but lets also add these, their good kids too:
- Student Council Presidents
- Football Team Captains
- Future Business Leaders of America Presidents
- Swim Team Captains

Again, if she was so smart, why didn't she call the students parents? Hey, she f'd up, and now she's paying the price...

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Again, if she was so smart, why didn't she call the students parents? Hey, she f'd up, and now she's paying the price...

Because, you know, these days every high school kid has their friends parents numbers as well. and if she didnt, im sure if she told her drunk friend "hey, I dont want to come get you, whats your parents number?" the drunk friend would GLADLY give it. :shrug:

Stupid-ass decision by the school.

LostRacer

I drive a Jalopy
Established Member

This makes sense?
Ya, let's designate all honor students at every high school as authorities to drive drunken kids home. Oh, but lets also add these, their good kids too:
- Football Team Captains
- Swim Team Captains

This!! Wasn't her responsibility. Call an adult. Out of reasons understandable she chose to drive, however there were alternatives she could have taken and not gotten in trouble. It may have hurt her social rep, but no tickets or marks on her name.

Because, you know, these days every high school kid has their friends parents numbers as well. and if she didnt, im sure if she told her drunk friend "hey, I dont want to come get you, whats your parents number?" the drunk friend would GLADLY give it. :shrug:

Stupid-ass decision by the school.

They're called school directories. Yes I have one for each of my children's schools.

40mpgH8r

Cobra Newb
Established Member

This makes sense?
- Football Team Captains
- Swim Team Captains

".....and demoted her from team captain."

Welp, the captain idea won't work. Haha.

krman68

Established Member
School boards and administrators in general have zero common sense. The BS rules they have are all geared toward making life easier for teachers. The only way to stop this problem is to allow people to sue them individually for these type of assanine decisions. Then this type of overbearing behavior will cease quickly

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member

I'm glad your world is that black and white, but what ultimately would have ended up happening is she either would have driven home drunk or she would have gotten a ride from someone that had also been drinking. If you honestly believe that by enforcing this rule, kids will call their parents instead, well, then, I have some awesome oceanfront property in Kansas to sell you.

This is zero tolerance idiocy run amok. What zero tolerance does is take intelligent thought and logic out of the process and blindly applies the rules to everyone, which is wrong and this case is a perfect example of that.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

This makes sense?
- Football Team Captains
- Swim Team Captains

I forget, but what laws are against her picking up someone from a party?

Call their parents? Man, you must have had less than zero friends in HS.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
:nonono: just more proof of liberal diseasism spreading out of control. lets hold everyone who isnt responsible...reaponsible for doing the right thing.

This is it right here.

Zero Tolerance rules are complete BS. Chew your pop-tart into something resembling a gun? Punished. Drive home your drunk friend so she doesn't kill herself and others by driving drunk? Punished.

No rule or law can be just when it is absolute.

We live in a liberal upside-down land.

RDLightning01

Young Svt Poster
Established Member
^^ Agreed The last thing you wanted to do i call your mom or dad at 2-3AM and My parents even knew i drank in highschool. But i was smart and stayed at the place or had a sober driver. My parents didnt want to be bothered in the middle of the night. Especially when most partys around here were 45 mins 1 way from my house.

Kevins89notch

Established Member

Did you overlook where I said it's BS she's in trouble? I however can clearly see, a lot better than her parents, WHY she got in trouble.

I'll put it in car terms. You're at an illegal street race. You can get in trouble for being there. Your car breaks down. Now you're a sitting duck. You call your buddy. He knows what he's driving into. He pulls up at the spot, just as 4 cops swarm the area. Yeah, he's getting a ticket for attending. HE'S THERE!

Users who are viewing this thread