Home Theater Build

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
NOTE: Posted last night but it got bumped off in the DB change

Thought I would share the build out for a home theater we are installing at our house.

We have had a “Bonus Room” upstairs that we never found a good use for. It had a family room feel to it before, but no one liked to stay up there. So I decided to make it a “movie room”, and one thing lead to another, big plasma flat screen lead to big screen and now I will have a mini theater.
I am starting demo work on Thursday and all construction will be finished by 11-24.

110” screen, 7.1 surround sound, 1080P HD Projector

We will have two zones on can lights that we are installing in the ceiling, all operated by the remote (so you can hit play and the lights dim).

Below I have the before pictures of the room:

photo5A_zps221334c8.gif

photo6A_zpsbce528ce.gif

photo3A_zpsb300c50d.gif

photo2A_zps70fec266.gif

photo1A_zps5121f6d7.gif

List of major components are as follows:

Sony VPLWH50ES 1080P HD Projector
Stewart Cima 110 110” Cima Tiburon Screen
Rotel RSP1572-B Home Theater Processor
Rotel RMB1555-B Class A/B Amplifier: 120 Watts x 5 Channels drivers
Rotel RB1582-B Class A/B Amplifier: 200 Watts x 2
Integra DBS50.3 THX Blu-Ray Player
HTM MX780/MRF350 All in one Remote
(1) B&W CMC2-GB CM Series 3-way Center Channel Speaker
(2) B&W CM10-GB CM Series 3-way Tower Speakers
(4)B&W CCM683 600 Series in-ceiling speaker with aimable tweeter
(4) DC Dyna Box Back Boxes for ceiling speakers
(2) JL Audio E110-Gloss 10” Subwoofers

Once I get some in progress pics I will post ‘em.

Hope you guys like it.

E

dooberGN

Established Member
Interested to see the progress and end result, how difficult do you anticipate to be?

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Interested to see the progress and end result, how difficult do you anticipate to be?

More money than difficult. I am starting tomorrow, but I estimate I will be installing the chairs on the 20th.

We will see if I can deliver!

E

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
We have almost the identical setup in our house so let me know if you have any questions along the way LOL!

I'm unable to tell from the floor plan, but if you have the room two-tier "stadium" seating is recommended. We have (3) chair stadium seat recliners on two levels to optimize seating for family viewing.

We also mounted Bose surround sound in the ceiling along with the other components and it's an amazing experience and an upgrade that's well worth every penny spent. I'll snap some shots and upload them here in a min.

Get ready for a helluva a fun time and no more stupid expensive trips to the theater or worrying about having too many beers at the theater LOL. :beers:

TorchMach

Established Member
wow these home theaters are amazing. Subbing for OP's progress.

01Saleen those speakers on the ceiling seem like a great idea.

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
wow these home theaters are amazing. Subbing for OP's progress.

01Saleen those speakers on the ceiling seem like a great idea.

It gives it a true "theater style" experience!

We got lucky and have a crawl space both behind the screen and behind the seating so we were able to feed wire from front to back w/o any issues at all.

OP - not trying to hijack!! Have fun with the build - the hard work is SOO worth it!!! :beer:

svt99rag

Established Member
This will be a winter project for me. I have all the equipment, the room needs finished in my basement.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
Very nice man. Last parents house we did a 92" HD projector, 7.1 surround and a single row of lazy boy recliners. Loved movie night!

bullitt2735

Established Member
Nice!, I'm sure you'll love it once your done. If you have any questions I suggest you subscribe to avsforum as they have a ton of knowledgeable people on there that can help with every aspect of your set up. (I have a feeling you might already be on there judging by your equipment selection though lol)

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
I'd go with more sub and room treatments. Obviously you have the budget for these things. If you need any help with any product selection or whatever really... Just lemme know

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
We have almost the identical setup in our house so let me know if you have any questions along the way LOL!

I'm unable to tell from the floor plan, but if you have the room two-tier "stadium" seating is recommended. We have (3) chair stadium seat recliners on two levels to optimize seating for family viewing.

We also mounted Bose surround sound in the ceiling along with the other components and it's an amazing experience and an upgrade that's well worth every penny spent. I'll snap some shots and upload them here in a min.

Get ready for a helluva a fun time and no more stupid expensive trips to the theater or worrying about having too many beers at the theater LOL. :beers:

Saleen,

Your set up is very similar to what my area will look like. Your ceiling is higher, but yes, I have a 12" riser for the back row of seating.

All motorized recliners.

E

virginiafiveo

L8RBTCH
Established Member
sick. subscribing. I just rock my baby setup until I build my house, then I'm going all out, already have my amplifiers, designing a custom subwoofer setup. I imagine the windows as being the reason you aren't flipped in the opposite direction?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
OP, are you adding a door to the room? Seems having the hallway right by the screen will add too much unwanted light in the worst possible place.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
More money than difficult. I am starting tomorrow, but I estimate I will be installing the chairs on the 20th.

We will see if I can deliver!

E

By the 20th is moving on out. Based on the room size and your layout, it is going to be awesome. By only suggestion would be to install room darkening shades (solid folding fabric vs. narrow horizontal blinds) for daytime viewing. Those blinds you have installed are going to bleed light into the room.

04RedfireVert

Is it Friday yet?
Established Member
Subbing for ideas. I'm in the process of creating a home theater as well. Love that ceiling color 01Saleen

Users who are viewing this thread