High Oil Consumption

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Fill the oil and check the gas....never thought that would apply to a brand new 65K car..

Not for me being like that I like the car and the thought of owning one, but will never happen now.

Red dragon

Established Member
I just became aware of this situation, I've been adding oil at random times when I check it. Be going by dealer today to figure out how they want to deal with this, let you guys know what they come up with.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I just became aware of this situation, I've been adding oil at random times when I check it. Be going by dealer today to figure out how they want to deal with this, let you guys know what they come up with.
Yours sounds pretty bad, you might be getting a new engine.

I was trying to get a solid reading on mine but it's been kind of hard to get the car as flat as possible and let it leak down for long enough to get a good reading. Mine is consuming oil but it doesn't seem like it's much. I added oil at 322 miles, it had around 1200 miles on it when I checked it last night and from what I can tell, it's down maybe .25qt? If it stays like that it will be fine. The cars I track generally get oil changes fairly often, so I won't need to add any oil unless consumption is greatly increased on track.

Red dragon

Established Member
Update...
Just went to dealer. They were familiar with the oil deal. Said 1 quart for every 800 miles is acceptable, but 5+ quarts for 1,500-2,000 miles is not. They kept my car and they are beginning the oil consumption test as we speak. They were giving it the oil change when I left, and will begin testing asap, they will let me know their conclusion after the test is complete. They said I can call them for updates.. I will keep you guys posted. And to the O.P. of this thread, thank you very much for starting this one!!!! I probably would've been in denial of what i just witnessed with that oil guzzling pig if you didnt bring this up.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
wait, the dealer is driving your car for the consumption test??

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
hmm, i'm doing the driving for mine. first time i've seen it done this way. good luck brother!

Red dragon

Established Member
Thanks. We'll see how it goes. They're very familiar with this situation. Already swapped out a few motors. This is how they do it I guess. It's all about documentation they said.

Red dragon

Established Member
Just an update. Went by dealer today, they had already began the test when I went by. They're doing whatever it is that Ford is telling them to do. I will know all the details of the test upon completion and will pass it on here. I should know more tomorrow.

Red dragon

Established Member
Called today to check the status. It's been 2 days of testing. From what I was told they are doing exactly what ford tells them to do. He said it is dropping oil. But he didnt say how much, or at what rate. He said he will get back to me when he has something solid. Keep you guys posted.

Red dragon

Established Member
Just talked to dealer. I guess now they put dye in there, gonna drive it, see where the dye goes. Should have an answer soon.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Hmm I think I'm goin to the dealer shortly also, 500 miles is just about up. One look at my exhaust tips might tell them all they need to know though lol.

Race Red Boss

Established Member
Just talked to dealer. I guess now they put dye in there, gonna drive it, see where the dye goes. Should have an answer soon.

When I was put on an Oil consumption watch by my Ford dealer for my 12 Boss, they simply did a fresh oil change and notched the dip stick and told me to return when it reached the notch and they would check the mileage driven. Sure enough, the consumption was high I returned a short while later and Ford agreed to put in a new long block (dealer actually priced out what it would cost for a short block replacement and wasn't worth it for Ford).

Like the other poster mentioned, does seem a bit odd that you have had to leave the car with them to presumably drive it around. Hopefully they are taking care. Also seems a bit strange that the dye wasn't put in as the 1st step?

Anyways, hope it all works out for you and they get to the bottom of the problem and fix it for ya.

Zemedici

Established Member
From what I know, Ford has made an addendum to the GT350 owners manual, and I've heard from 2-3 quarts a week is deemed 'normal'

So the engine replacements have stopped across the board.

@13COBRA do you have the addendum on the GT350 oil issues?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
From what I know, Ford has made an addendum to the GT350 owners manual, and I've heard from 2-3 quarts a week is deemed 'normal'

So the engine replacements have stopped across the board.

@13COBRA do you have the addendum on the GT350 oil issues?

I have not seen that. Customers will receive the addendum in the mail before dealers without GT350s in stock will get them.

2-3 quarts a week sounds ridiculous.

Zemedici

Established Member
I have not seen that. Customers will receive the addendum in the mail before dealers without GT350s in stock will get them.

2-3 quarts a week sounds ridiculous.

ahhhhhhh.

I gotcha - my customer that we just put the whipple on said he had received it, not that it matters at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread