High Compression Forged Nitrous Build

grnenvy

Established Member
lol

I won't get nasty your not worth it.
What the hell you going to do when the congress stops funding the push for Corn fuel? Yeah that's right its being subsidized. Once that stops its going to cost 5-6 bucks a gallon and they will get rid of it. This will happen.

Im pointing out OUR types of cars that are some of the fastest that run E85. Yea you didnt see a performance gain in useing E85 in your escalade, no shit. The vehicle is just a flex fuel vehicle that is made to run off both. Its not going to have a performance tune to get all it can out of it.

No one cares If you dont want to run E85, but you sure want people to know you dont like it and do not want to run it. Your acting like E85 is a hoax or something. Just made up on the forums and doesnt do anything.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
What the hell you going to do when the congress stops funding the push for Corn fuel? Yeah that's right its being subsidized. Once that stops its going to cost 5-6 bucks a gallon and they will get rid of it. This will happen.

What do you mean get nasty about this? We are just talking about E85 and your acting like a wierdo about it like im spitting on what you believe in.

Right now it is a cheaper alternative to buying race fuel and has similiar benfits.

twistedneck

Established Member

E85 and N20 should be a great combination and it will not need a big radiator, oil cooler, anything. I just heard from the guys at Innov8 and they are running E85 in their coyote with high compression and 8400 rpm, NA of course :)

so it will run with high compression but not sure if piston design at 13:1 is as smooth as it is at 12:1.

If / when corn runs out in the USA us E85 folks will panic and switch to race fuel. E85 is so much better in my NA coyote setup, it even runs quieter if that's possible. That and the much better smell, and no more cleaning black carbon off the muffler tips.. E85 runs clean.

OP, do you have pics of the dome you want to use? I'd look for a 12-1 compression with smoother dome vs. 13-1 with a lot of sharp edges. The valve pocket edges could be smoothed and the dome coated to help out. The Diamond pistons are it for me :)

grnenvy

Established Member
I'm not saying its a hoax or that it doesn't make pwr I'm just saying I don't trust it at the local pump. Most of us are running around on aggressive tunes and the last thing we need is a bad tank of fuel. If your mixing race gas on the Rich side with 93 I believe it's much safer.
I have been watching all this talk about it for a year or so and some of u make it like it's Gods magic liquid.. It's very easy to run mid 10s with Torco and 93.

NTXRockr

Established Member
Damn was hoping you'd continue on with this. I'm building a higher nitrous shot motor right now...11.5:1cr Livernois shortblock with coated diamond pistons, forged Manley h beams, boss crank, mmr billet oil pump gear, and am bumping my nitrous outlet plate up from 150 to 250. Also looking at installing ARH longtubes for now and swapping cams later...plan on switching to e85 in the summer but for now adding a dedicated fuel cell and running c16 in it.

Previously dyno'd around 410/370 (dyno numbers below were on a low dyno) and 520/550 (485/500 on the low dyno) on a 150 shot...ran 6.60@103 and 10.5@130 on spray. On the new motor I'm anticipating about 450-475 on motor and at least 700whp on spray...gonna be fun, shooting for 6.0 and 10.0

Users who are viewing this thread