High Compression Forged Nitrous Build

90coupe5oh

Established Member
I'm looking for opinions on what to use in building my motor. I have been hitting my car with a 200 shot the last 2 months, it ended up hurting the number 8 piston. It prob has 10-15 nitrous bottles through the motor on a 200. It still ran perfect just had 25psi of compression in the number 8 cylinder. It nitrous backfired and blew everything to pieces as far as the intake goes last night. Car only has 3800 miles on it and is a 2014 haha.
So I'm looking at doing a high power nitrous build, prob going to hit the car with about a 300 through the nitrous outlet plate kit I have. My plan is to have MMR port the heads, use MMR billet oil pump gears, and JPC custom grind cams. I would like opinions on those parts I just listed and some suggestions on what to use in the bottom end. I want 12.5-13 to 1 compression or so. I'm gonna run E85 and I'd like to see 500rwhp on motor. So gimme your suggestions!

20130915_023242 by fritos2692, on Flickr

20130915_165940 by fritos2692, on Flickr

20130915_170647 by fritos2692, on Flickr

20130915_170713 by fritos2692, on Flickr

20130915_171609 by fritos2692, on Flickr

Thanks

Last edited:

Bud

Established Member
tumblr_lhzjs2XwHC1qfztgso1_400.jpg

Can't wait to see the end results. Been waiting for somebody to get serious with nitrous and see what it'll do

90coupe5oh

Established Member
Fuel ignited in the intake manifold and blew it up.

Yep, fuel puddle the nitrous solenoid was stuck closed. So it sprayed just fuel the first hit, then when I hit it a second time to test it again it backfired because of the fuel when the nitrous solenoid actually opened. Got the hood bent up and everything.

90coupe5oh

Established Member
tumblr_lhzjs2XwHC1qfztgso1_400.jpg

Can't wait to see the end results. Been waiting for somebody to get serious with nitrous and see what it'll do

I'm def gonna be getting pretty serious with it, the car already went 6.80's on stock motor during shakedown passes. Shooting for 7.10's on motor and 6.10's or so on the gas with this build. 1/8th mile of course.

grnenvy

Established Member
History repeating itself. The same thing happened to me back in 1992 with a Compucar wet kit with a 150 shot on a stock 5.0.
Before u go with all that Comp just make sure its not a street car. Running around on race gas all the time isn't cheap. Also all the Comp is tough on a motor just make sure u use the best parts and a fresh block unless yours is good. I hope your running a progressive kit?

90coupe5oh

Established Member
Was the #8 issue pre existing or a result of the back fire? Whos tune?
I believe the #8 was pre existing, a nitrous backfire wouod break a piston if anything not melt a piston. Id rather not say on the tune because its not his fault, he just did the motor tune. I just took 4 degrees of timing out for the nitrous tune and dialed it in with the fuel jet.
Whats with the oil in the valley?
Its not oil, just fuel from unhooking the fuel rails.
History repeating itself. The same thing happened to me back in 1992 with a Compucar wet kit with a 150 shot on a stock 5.0.
Before u go with all that Comp just make sure its not a street car. Running around on race gas all the time isn't cheap. Also all the Comp is tough on a motor just make sure u use the best parts and a fresh block unless yours is good. I hope your running a progressive kit?

E85 is cheap, and itll be good parts. The block is good and im using an nos mini progressive.

Users who are viewing this thread