High Compression Forged Nitrous Build

cbrtrx

Established Member
I believe the #8 was pre existing, a nitrous backfire wouod break a piston if anything not melt a piston. Id rather not say on the tune because its not his fault, he just did the motor tune. I just took 4 degrees of timing out for the nitrous tune and dialed it in with the fuel jet.

Just some advise so you don't blow your new motor you can NOT tune these cars solely off of the fuel jet like an older car, its very fustrating seeing people doing this over and over and damaging their motors. Also 4* on a 200 shot with even race gas is just asking for trouble. Almost anything you have ever learned or have done with nitrous in the past just throw out the window and start fresh when tuning these cars, their needs are much different.

Like JPC said, read the plugs properly and they will tell the story. Unfortunately reading plugs is a lost art and many don't know how to read plugs anymore.

Good luck with the new build, looking forward to seeing the track times.

cstone94

Established Member
I'm really interested to see how this build turns out. After seeing all the Cylinder #8 faults, I'm definitely going to do the MMR mod before I spray mine again.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
So preexisting #8 issue with the tune, but won't say who tuned it? Likely one of the big players I assume--AED? JPC? BBR? Lund? Bama?

90coupe5oh

Established Member
Just some advise so you don't blow your new motor you can NOT tune these cars solely off of the fuel jet like an older car, its very fustrating seeing people doing this over and over and damaging their motors. Also 4* on a 200 shot with even race gas is just asking for trouble. Almost anything you have ever learned or have done with nitrous in the past just throw out the window and start fresh when tuning these cars, their needs are much different.

Like JPC said, read the plugs properly and they will tell the story. Unfortunately reading plugs is a lost art and many don't know how to read plugs anymore.

Good luck with the new build, looking forward to seeing the track times.
4 degrees on c16 has always worked well for me on a 200 shot, I know how to read plugs also. The timing mark on the strap was perfect. On the dyno the air fuels were perfect on the nitrous. I will be getting a nitrous tune by someone with this new build though.
Ok hope you get it up and running soon!
Thanks me too!

I'm really interested to see how this build turns out. After seeing all the Cylinder #8 faults, I'm definitely going to do the MMR mod before I spray mine again.
I'm also ordering that for this build, hopefully it helps the problem.

I just notice that the air filter was blown apart like a flower pedal. Holy crap! :eek:

Yea lol, it was an explosion. All I saw was about 10ft of flames shooting out of the hood vents when it happened. If it wasnt for the vents im pretty sure the hood would of been blown off.

cbrtrx

Established Member
I'm curious as to why you think the car had a failing number 8 then? I remember you posting it was aed tuned and his tunes don't have any number 8 issues.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
So preexisting #8 issue with the tune, but won't say who tuned it? Likely one of the big players I assume--AED? JPC? BBR? Lund? Bama?

Nvm, I see in your for sale ad back in August it was an AED tune.

That is the 2nd #8 I've heard let go from AED. I guess no tune is immune from the dreaded #8 :shrug:

Brb, checking my plugs lol

cstone94

Established Member

How would the big name companies be at fault for the #8 cylinder fault? People running bone stock have Cyl. 8 problems, but pushing more power out of the car (increasing the heat) causes it. I think everyone should do the MMR mod before heavily modifying their cars. Also, I know that BAMA and Steeda both warranty the Cyl. 8 problem, but as far as warrantying it while spraying, I'm not sure what they'd say to that.

90coupe5oh

Established Member
I'm curious as to why you think the car had a failing number 8 then? I remember you posting it was aed tuned and his tunes don't have any number 8 issues.

That is the 2nd #8 I've heard let go from AED. I guess no tune is immune from the dreaded #8 :shrug:

Im not blaming AED because he didnt do the nitrous tune, it may have burned the piston on the nitrous. I mean the car had prob 10-15 bottles through it on a 200 shot. AED only did the motor tune.

cbrtrx

Established Member
Im not blaming AED because he didnt do the nitrous tune, it may have burned the piston on the nitrous. I mean the car had prob 10-15 bottles through it on a 200 shot. AED only did the motor tune.

I'm not trying to argue I just don't want to see you go thru another engine again but first you say you think the number 8 was a pre-existing issue then you say it could have been the nitrous but then you said you ran race fuel and checked the plugs and a/f and it was perfect.. Well the question is what hurt number 8? Why would you even say you think the number 8 was a pre-existing issue if the car ran great why would you even suspect any issue? The engine should be fine if the nitrous tune up was clean but now its broken. Just trying to understand a little better cause your story seems to change.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor

Come on man your smarter then that. The guy is doing his own nitrous tuning on the car with a 200 shot. Says it had 10-15 bottles through the car. It wouldnt be AED's fault at all.

What other #8 did you hear of?

Last edited:

90coupe5oh

Established Member
I'm not trying to argue I just don't want to see you go thru another engine again but first you say you think the number 8 was a pre-existing issue then you say it could have been the nitrous but then you said you ran race fuel and checked the plugs and a/f and it was perfect.. Well the question is what hurt number 8? Why would you even say you think the number 8 was a pre-existing issue if the car ran great why would you even suspect any issue? The engine should be fine if the nitrous tune up was clean but now its broken. Just trying to understand a little better cause your story seems to change.
I'm saying the #8 was a pre existing issue before the nitrous back fire not before the nitrous all together. The car has a dedicated fuel system for the nitrous that sprays C16 with the nitrous. The plugs and a/f looked great, im going to have to figure out what the problem was that caused it. My story has not changed one bit.

cbrtrx

Established Member
Yea it would be good to try to pin point the concern. What was the lambda you were seeing while spraying on the motor tune?

grnenvy

Established Member
Not to change topic but all u guys loving E85 can have it. I don't trust anything u can get from a local pump. Who knows if there mixing it right or your really getting what your paying for. Real race gas from a drum is much more consistant and trust worthy.
I don't know but I see a lot of cars blowing up on the net and on the street from this magic Fuel.

Users who are viewing this thread