high compression+boost+e85=???

hittinboost

Established Member
Everything is true the StrokeMe has said. There are definitely benefits to the sump, although none of them will apply to me because I don't race nor drive my car daily so keeping fuel in it won't be an issue for me.

I am sure you can purchase a setup from Glenn's where you could run one pump with the pickup style setup. I plan to speak them about this when I upgrade my fuel system.

I was just throwing that option out there for you so you were aware of it. There are so many ways to do a fuel system on your car. Figuring out what works best for your setup and driving style is the hard part! :)
Well put, not everyone needs a fuel system that big, there's plenty of other options that's for sure!

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
yea, im not daily driving mine either. but i will get on it and let her eat. I think i like the sump idea alot, seems the safer way. i know that i dont want to dump thousands in this setup and screw it up all because of fuel problem. lol!

JP_Stang

Established Member
If you can find Encasedmetal's threads, he has some pictures of his car and you can get a good view of his. I believe he has a build thread in the "SN95 Cobras" section.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
i found em, but he says that he dosent think i should do the sump. idk, thanks though

it's overkill for what you need. if you want a 1500-2000 dollar fuel setup on your car- go for it. but I'm trying to help you avoid headaches, especially since you're so new to the mod game for these cars.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
so just a small update, i went with a 03 cobra tank. i bought the tank with LOW miles and it came with the hat and pumps, level sender, all hose's, filler neck, and two FPDM's.
for the people that have done the 03-04 tank in the 96-98 cars, is there anything special i have to do besides bolt it up?? i know there is something about retun fuel system and returnless.

01yellercobra

Established Member
AFAIK the returnless and return style tanks are completely different. The sending units and tank assemblies are different. I had a buddy look into this route for his 97 GT. I guess the 98's have a two speed pump and can use the returnless tanks. But the 96-97 are different. I could be totally wrong though.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
so just a small update, i went with a 03 cobra tank. i bought the tank with LOW miles and it came with the hat and pumps, level sender, all hose's, filler neck, and two FPDM's.
for the people that have done the 03-04 tank in the 96-98 cars, is there anything special i have to do besides bolt it up?? i know there is something about retun fuel system and returnless.

I would ask this question in the sn95 section of the site. but if I remember correctly- you cannot run those pumps return style, there is no return outlet on the hat, the wiring is different, and as for the fuel level sender- you have to rewire that to the console as well I think. I may be wrong but all in all very simple stuff- nice score on the setup- hopefully whoever sold it to you gave you a good price and wasn't like most termi owners thinking their shit is dipped in gold

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
yea, it wasnt to bad. i just hope i can get everything to work out. its taking me some time. but i want to do everything rite. its better be safe than sorry in my opinion. i had some people telling me to just throw a aeromotive 355 in the basket on my 97 tank and add a kenne bell boost a pump and call it a day. but after adding everything up it came out to be rite on edge of what im making and plus i want to refrain from using a boost a pump.
this tank should be more than good and plus if i wana make more power i could just run a kenne bell boost a pump 40amp. and call it a day.

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
ok, i decided to do a division fuel hat. now here is a new question,
i want to change the pulley out and run close to 12 psi. would a 3.4" pulley get me there? and with this division x fuel hat, what pumps should i run to be able to back this power?
and is this a wise idea?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would look into the 340lph pumps. Where is your boost now and what size pulley are you running?

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
i looked into em, and i like the desin alot and it would be more than enough to back the system. i havent installed yet. but i would be running a 9 psi pulley. i thought that two walbro 255's would be good up to 700 rwhp on e85?

dwtjr3

Established Member
i looked into em, and i like the desin alot and it would be more than enough to back the system. i havent installed yet. but i would be running a 9 psi pulley. i thought that two walbro 255's would be good up to 700 rwhp on e85?

But like you said better to be safe then sorry. IMHO i would just go with 2 340's they are really nice fuel pumps. It would suck to put 2 255's in and then when you want to add power have to buy new pumps again

Users who are viewing this thread