HI | PRE-SPRING SALE!!! Velgen VMB5 19x9 / 19x10.5 | 20x9 / 20x10.5 | FREE Shipping

Torchy

Established Member
maybe I didn't see it but can you tell me if there are ANY clearance issues running a 315/35/20 on the rear of the 20x10.5....Im actually 50/50 on wheel choice at the moment its between these and Forgestar F14's with the 20x11 out back...I know 100% that the 315/35/20 fits and doesn't rub the fender with the rear forgestars but the posted pics of the velgens seem to be using quite a small sidewall tire and not the widest either...can anyone confirm 315/35/20 fitment on these 20x10.5 rears...thx in a dvance.

So this question really boils down to the spring you're running in the rear. I've had these wheels for a while now (photoshoot coming soon). You could only be lowered 1 inch or higher in the rear and still run a 315/35. To be exact you literally can not run that tire with the BMR springs because that's around 1.5 inch drop in the rear. Just using them as a benchmark since their common. Sooo that's the answer.

You can run a 305/35 with bmr springs but nothing lower than theirs in the rear with that size.

Last edited:

Paul@HI

Established Member
Sale price for 19s and for 20s please. Also I'm waiting on a pic for the 19s on the mustang. What are the weight differences as well?

PM Sent! Thanks.

maybe I didn't see it but can you tell me if there are ANY clearance issues running a 315/35/20 on the rear of the 20x10.5....Im actually 50/50 on wheel choice at the moment its between these and Forgestar F14's with the 20x11 out back...I know 100% that the 315/35/20 fits and doesn't rub the fender with the rear forgestars but the posted pics of the velgens seem to be using quite a small sidewall tire and not the widest either...can anyone confirm 315/35/20 fitment on these 20x10.5 rears...thx in a dvance.

So this question really boils down to the spring you're running in the rear. I've had these wheels for a while now (photoshoot coming soon). You could only be lowered 1 inch or higher in the rear and still run a 315/35. To be exact you literally can not run that tire with the BMR springs because that's around 1.5 inch drop in the rear. Just using them as a benchmark since their common. Sooo that's the answer.

You can run a 305/35 with bmr springs but nothing lower than theirs in the rear with that size.

We have seen mixed things with customer cars. Some are fine at stock ride height or a slight drop with a 315. However, there are many that have reported rubbing, especially with passengers in the back seat. So if we have reported issues, we generally won't recommend the size.

87hatchy

Established Member
Patiently waiting on someone to post pics of the 19 inch setup. "Patiently" meaning very impatiently.

Still waiting :)

39559-OP-will-surely-deliver-We-just-4lFx.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread