HI | PRE-SPRING SALE!!! Velgen VMB5 19x9 / 19x10.5 | 20x9 / 20x10.5 | FREE Shipping

Paul@HI

Established Member
Paul, or anyone who knows better than me

any tips, specific products? ways? major do's, dont's? products containing this or that? to go about caring, or cleaning these wheels, specifically the matte gunmetal.

first set of matte wheels and don't want to mess them up, thanks

We do not recommend any specific cleaning products but we do advise to ONLY use mild car soap and a microfiber cleaning cloth.

Definitely stay away from harsh chemicals, brushes, etc.

08mojo

Established Member
Paul, or anyone who knows better than me

any tips, specific products? ways? major do's, dont's? products containing this or that? to go about caring, or cleaning these wheels, specifically the matte gunmetal.

first set of matte wheels and don't want to mess them up, thanks

From my limited research: stay away from 'wash and wax' soaps. The 'wax' in the soaps can leave behind a shiny residue. I use Meguiars Gold Class car soap, and it seems to be universally accepted as a good soap. Plus, it's available at most big box stores.

I'm still trying to find a product to protect the wheels, but not having much luck.

chonSVT

Established Member
Premium Member
Paul, will wheel cleaners not be safe on it then? These are powdercoated wheels right?

I use Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Cleaner on my current SVE wheels with no damage to the finish.

Paul@HI

Established Member
:kaboom:
Paul, will wheel cleaners not be safe on it then? These are powdercoated wheels right?

I use Chemical Guys Diablo Wheel Cleaner on my current SVE wheels with no damage to the finish.

These wheels have a matte finish. I would not recommend wheel cleaners on them. Car soap and microfiber cloth is best.

i want boost

Established Member
Paul, I know you say soap and water only, but I have also read Bout waxing the wheels also, is this something we should stay away from being they are a matte, powdercoat? Or would a quality wax be ok?

Paul@HI

Established Member
Paul, I know you say soap and water only, but I have also read Bout waxing the wheels also, is this something we should stay away from being they are a matte, powdercoat? Or would a quality wax be ok?

Our company policy will only allow me to say "soap and water". For liability reasons, we don't endorse or recommend these other products.

However, I can say that waxing a wheel (matte or gloss) can result in staining.

Honesty, I don't use any of those products on my car's wheels. I wash them once a week, with the car, and they stay "like new".

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Decided I just can't swing the polished wheels. Paul, thanks for answering all my questions. Free bump for an awesome wheel. One set of 20's left!

Picture15_zpsdf87cba2.jpg

S197 KID

Established Member
Sale price for 19s and for 20s please. Also I'm waiting on a pic for the 19s on the mustang. What are the weight differences as well?

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
maybe I didn't see it but can you tell me if there are ANY clearance issues running a 315/35/20 on the rear of the 20x10.5....Im actually 50/50 on wheel choice at the moment its between these and Forgestar F14's with the 20x11 out back...I know 100% that the 315/35/20 fits and doesn't rub the fender with the rear forgestars but the posted pics of the velgens seem to be using quite a small sidewall tire and not the widest either...can anyone confirm 315/35/20 fitment on these 20x10.5 rears...thx in a dvance.

Users who are viewing this thread