Hey Wiz

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
Wiz,

That's it... between Rick, Greg and Dave you have everything in here to get your baby going. How about a mod party and get the Cobra loaded all at once! Heck, I'll contribute and be the delivery boy for your goodies... sorry I refuse to dressup as Santa!

Christian

btw... you in, now, for the dyno? It's been moved to the 15th

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Christian said:
Wiz... get going... what are you doin' in Canada? Hope it's a vacation at Whistler!

Well...as a matter of fact it was. Didn't get to ski though. The Dr. said I can't ski on my knee yet.

OK everyone, give me prices in a PM and I'll see what the wallet has left in it after Whistler.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Gatorback is ordered and on the way. Picking up x pipe and catback from Rick tomorrow (wednesday) and a full set of Billetflow pulleys next week (if I can keep the wife happy ;-) ) Life is good. Hey Dave, you sure about that K&N over JLT? I've heard JLT puts down better numbers.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
The K&N kit is a nice product and installation is straight forward. The JLT appears to be a difficult install and I am just not a fan of having the filter in the fender well. When will you get the pulleys? I'd be happy to help you put them on.

Dave

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
Gatorback is ordered and on the way. Picking up x pipe and catback from Rick tomorrow (wednesday) and a full set of Billetflow pulleys next week (if I can keep the wife happy ;-) ) Life is good. Hey Dave, you sure about that K&N over JLT? I've heard JLT puts down better numbers.

:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

What size pulley you gonna run? Did you get the red ones - ala dave's? As for the cai... whichever one you get I'm sure you're gonna enjoy it :thumbsup:

So I'll assume you ARE in for dyno day :beer:

How about some springs... Greg's got some H&Rs! Oh, almost forgot... what tune you goin' with? See what happens... you'll never stop NOW!!! What's next, what's next. You belong to the Mod-God now :bowdown:

Christian

Joe5.0

Established Member
Oxford Snake said:
The K&N kit is a nice product and installation is straight forward. The JLT appears to be a difficult install and I am just not a fan of having the filter in the fender well. When will you get the pulleys? I'd be happy to help you put them on.

Dave

Why not do the Jlt plus Fipk like Greg did. We might do this. Is it possible on the saleen? The JLT Kit is the same as the 03/04 cobra but just smaller by the tb.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Christian said:
What size pulley you gonna run? Did you get the red ones - ala dave's? As for the cai... whichever one you get I'm sure you're gonna enjoy it

So I'll assume you ARE in for dyno day

How about some springs... Greg's got some H&Rs! Oh, almost forgot... what tune you goin' with? See what happens... you'll never stop NOW!!! What's next, what's next. You belong to the Mod-God now :bowdown:

Christian

I think I'll go with the silver from Billetflow. I called Doug there and they have a special on the 4 idlers and the s/c pulley all for $390. I'll start with the 2.93 and see what happens. As for CAI, I am leaning to K&N or Steeda. Too many p.i.t.a. stories with the JLT. Tune? I think the SCT is looking good. James is the one to go with if you use Predator but he is a month behind from what I understand. I'm gonna ask around and see who is the SCT tune king.

Yes, I feel it happening. I am being sucked into the mod world. It is a world of never finished and empty wallets. Somebody help me. Get me hooked on crack or heroin. Something with less addiction. aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cryying:

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
Wiz,

Don't cry... just go willingly... it'll make for an easier journey! As for the SCT tuner of choice... gotta go with Hermann. I took Greg's and Rick's advice and they were right, Hermann's a great guy and he's always available to help you out. He never took more than a day to get back to me and always asked me questions to see if I was ok. From my first call to him, it took about a week to get everything done. I got the Xcalibrator with 3 tunes plus it retains the stock, but he can do the chip too... has a cool switch that fits right in the coin holder and will hold 4 tunes (not sure about the stock) - nice piece.

Christian

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds good. Who is Herman with. I've heard about a guy named Rick who people think is pretty good also.

BTW, here are some before and after pics of the Bassani exhaust I bought today.
bassanipipes0ok.jpg

Last edited:

Christian

Ready To Run
Established Member
It's Horsepower by Hermann. Here's the link to the site: www.hbh.org

He's also on the boards as HBH... you should call him direct and get things going. If it's the same 'Rick' then it more than likely is Rick from Amazon. Good things also about quality and service. I really think you'll be happy with the SCT (chip or flasher) and I'm very satisfied with Hermann. BTW here's a pic of the chip switch installed: http://www.modulardepot.com/images/sctpanel.jpg

Let me know if you need anything else!

Christian

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
I think I'll go with the silver from Billetflow. I called Doug there and they have a special on the 4 idlers and the s/c pulley all for $390. I'll start with the 2.93 and see what happens. As for CAI, I am leaning to K&N or Steeda.

Sounds like someone needs a lower pulley!

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
mean saleen said:
Wizbang is that Bryans old catback? I like. Bassani is very nice.

Yup. I think he went around looking for newly tarred roads. These things are covered in road tar! Or is little pieces of melted rubber? :dw:

Joe5.0

Established Member
Lol well it was Bryans daily driver i believe. He prolly burned a ton of rubber, after all it is a Cobra! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread