Hey Wiz

C Weil

Established Member
You mean to tall, I'm assuming? Yep, that's why most people do it. I did it, too, for 3.73s. But because everyone does it, it means that nobody wants the 3.27s because they're really only useful on turbo cars. Unfortunately, there are thousands of removed 3.27s gears out there, and only a handful of turbo cars.

C Weil

Established Member
Yep. It's the right gear for the 2V's with roots/screw blowers, imo.

It's going to be too much for me, I think, so I'm going to go back. Might as well, since I'm do the 31 spline swap, hard shimming the pinion, and putting a Torsen T2R in there, as well. And getting rid of the companion flange and getting a proper, ultralight weight aluminum spline flange. Kickass!

IE, I'm never going to drive my car. :(

Joe5.0

Established Member
It will be done. Your car is gonna Rip seriously. What turbo kit you getting? And where are my pics?

And yea im lovin these gears.

C Weil

Established Member
The turbo kit I'm getting is the Induction Concepts kit. I'm one of the first in line for their shipped kits (#2, I believe), so I should see it in April. It'll be rediculous. I have an HP twin turbo kit in my garage, too, if you know anyone interested.

The site where most of my pics of my car are hosted is down currently, and the rest of the pics are at home, so I can't get to them. In a day or so I can send you some of the engine, though...that's all I have here. Just getting them hosted at the moment. I have about 100 pics at home, though, so I can get someone to send them to me in about a week or two.

...or you can see the car in like a month, lol.

C Weil

Established Member
Here's some teasers (it's all I could muster at the moment):

Check out the feathered exhaust ports (these are my ported 04 cobra/mach C heads), the bowl work, smooting, and unshrouding of the valves in the combustion chambers, the manley stainless valves themselves, and cammotion turbo cams. It's good stuff. The cams in particular are REALLY nice pieces.

If you look at the bottom picture, you can see the Darton big bore sleeves through the water jackets.

4121100_4523.JPG

4121100_4524.JPG

4121100_4525.JPG

4121100_4526.JPG

4121100_4527.JPG

Last edited:

Tylerb59

Established Member
C Weil said:
. I have an HP twin turbo kit in my garage, too, if you know anyone interested.

How much to start? Just curious.

I'm looking at a KB 9psi kit when I get back to the working world, but TT is always nice. :)

C Weil

Established Member
How much for the HP kit? I can PM you with the price I'm thinking about, but it'll be pretty expensive for you, since you'll have to do a 32V swap to make it work. :)

The headers won't work at all and intercooler-to-throttle body piping is different, but if you order that, then it's all good!

Thanks by the way...sick and wrong is the way to be. :D

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Looking at those pics made me have a scotch guard moment..................... :)

Please pm me the price on that HP kit. I may know a buyer.

Thanks.

C Weil

Established Member
The previous design of this kit, which had more restrictive piping (read, less horsepower), made 511rwhp@8psi with the pull stopping at somewhere around 5000-5500 rpm (it was a stock block, and would've made over 600rwhp on a full pull and probably blown the shortblock apart). Add in another 2000-2500rpm for my engine, and more boost, better cams, ported heads, etc...you do the math.

It will have no problem making 4 digits on race gas.

Users who are viewing this thread