"hey where the rest of your grill??"

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
I have gotten that question 5 times so far 3 of which were at the mid-florida mustang club car show in waterford.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
How would you like going to a "parts store" and have an EMPLOYEE ask you where you
found the 5.0 badges that's on the car.

When I tell him they came on it he tells me that Ford doesn't make a 302 anymore.

Hmmm... thank goodness I was only there for microfiber towels, huh?

03cobrah

Established Member
i got a even better one.

how would you like going to a mechanic in a chitty small town of havelock nc and the mechanic insisting that you're missing your grill, claiming he knows a lot about mustangs

Sweet '96 Cobra

Beat 'em with a stick!
Established Member
I've gotten that one a few times myself, it really irritates me too. A couple of guy's told me i should "get one of those billet grills for it to really make it pop!". :dw: :nonono: :xpl:

Gabriel03Cobra

Established Member
How would you like going to a "parts store" and have an EMPLOYEE ask you where you
found the 5.0 badges that's on the car.

When I tell him they came on it he tells me that Ford doesn't make a 302 anymore.

Hmmm... thank goodness I was only there for microfiber towels, huh?

LOL thats like when you go into a GNC and theres a little old lady behind the counter trying to tell you about protein

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
i got a even better one.

how would you like going to a mechanic in a chitty small town of havelock nc and the mechanic insisting that you're missing your grill, claiming he knows a lot about mustangs

Well I find it fun. Describing why it isnt in there when they ask. I find most are very surprised. #1 they had issues getting enough air threw the grill opening for cooling ( I got this information personally from SVT engineering myself).

During development SVT had hood issues because heat developed in the engine compartment in development. Thus reason why our current hood design, the placement of the heat extractors were critical.

Also the hood was shortened up front or opened up how ever you want to look at it to open the grill area. This was to help get more air in.

The GT owners found this change when they tried to put the Cobra hood on their cars. The GT bumper falls short.

SVT engineering did everything they could to get the most air in our radiator. One sure wouldnt think that small change of the hood giving a extra inch would, but it did! and grills also make a slight change in reduction of air flow also.

Its not like our cars will overheat IMO but We do have to realise that Ford has to make our cars pass every test from winter driving and idling threw desert conditions with stop and go driving.

So now the next time you run into the mustang guy in the small town arguing you can put on your cliff Clavin hat and watch him scratch his head on your reply. Give him some facts to pass on.

Last edited:

Gabriel03Cobra

Established Member
Well I find it fun. Describing why it isnt in there when they ask. I find most are very surprised. #1 they had issues getting enough air threw the grill opening for cooling ( I got this information personally from SVT engineering myself).

During development SVT had hood issues because heat developed in the engine compartment in development. Thus reason why our current hood design, the placement of the heat extractors were critical.

Also the hood was shortened up front or opened up how ever you want to look at it to open the grill area. This was to help get more air in.

The GT owners found this change when they tried to put the Cobra hood on their cars. The GT bumper falls short.

SVT engineering did everything they could to get the most air in our radiator. One sure wouldnt think that small change of the hood giving a extra inch would, but it did! and grills also make a slight change in reduction of air flow also.

Its not like our cars will overheat IMO but We do have to realise that Ford has to make our cars pass every test from winter driving and idling threw desert conditions with stop and go driving.

So now the next time you run into the mustang guy in the small town arguing you can put on your cliff Clavin hat and watch him scratch his head on your reply. Give him some facts to pass on.

well played sir....thanks for the info!:coolman:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
a gt hood and cobra hood are not the same size?

or is this all sarcasm?!?

LOL no sarcasm... Gees sounds like Im talking to my wife but honest the hood is differant. The front GT bumper parts that reaches up to the hood will be fall short if you bolt on a Cobra hood. Start looking at photos and you will see the people that make the mods to the bumper to extend it. And those that put the Cobra bumper on the GT end up tilting the bumper in to to fit it. I alway look at the photos where people swap out parts.

1HUBCAP

110 octane
Established Member
Its ok,i get alot of stupid crap with all my rides.

Fairlane: "Hey man,nice Galaxy"...

G8: "What is that a new grand prix"?

GN: "Nice Monte Carlo","What happenend to the other turbo"?

Cobra: "There is no way that is a 4.6,damned valve covers are too wide"

Thats just a few..lol

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember having a few people in 2004 ask me what that "thing" was on top of my engine. I was in disbelief.

JAYSVT06

Established Member
When i first got the car i got asked that at least 20x.. so i got sick of it and put a billet grill in lol
46891_629585221117_210611936_35481484_414062_n.jpg

100_2188.jpg

100_2177.jpg

Last edited:

derockgt

Established Member
When i first got the car i got asked that at least 20x.. so i got sick of it and put a billet grill in lol
46891_629585221117_210611936_35481484_414062_n.jpg

100_2188.jpg

100_2177.jpg

no offense but i dont think that looks good... just me i would put up with people that dont know what they are talking about over putting that on

Blackbeauty90GT

Established Member
I get that one all the time I'm like hey I think it looks good people always say it looks like its under construction. I love the clean look of no grill. Oh people always say wow look at the cylinder head on that thing its only a 4.6?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread