Hertz and Enterprise cut ties with NRA

Blown 89

Established Member
I didn't stop using Hertz when they rented a truck to the London Bridge terrorist.

Republicans are very good at protesting with their wallets. Twitter is erupting with NRA hashtags over this. I was going to use Hertz during our Laguna Seca race but I'm going to use Turo.com instead. Here's the current list of idiocy:
  • Delta Airlines
  • United Airlines
  • Enterprise Holdings, which is the parent company of Enterprise rent-a-car, Alamo and National
  • Symantec, a cybersecurity company
  • SimpliSafe, a home-monitoring company
  • First National Bank of Omaha, which issued the NRA Visa credit card
  • MetLife
  • Wyndam Hotel Group
  • Avis
  • Hertz
  • Best Western hotel group

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
So Hertz and Enterprise joined a couple of other companies pandering to the people demanding boycotts of anyone doing business with the NRA.

As a Hertz President's Circle member, I just informed them that I will be taking the roughly $40k per year that I spend in renting vehicles from them and use other rental services.

They want to pander to people who most likely don't even rent cars? Fine.

I'll also be speaking with my colleagues at my firm who use Hertz and Enterprise about using different rental vehicle services. Many of my colleagues are NRA members and/or concealed carry holders.

I will also be speaking with the CEO of my firm of 1600 engineers about other options. I don't think it will be too hard to convince him of choosing a different rental vehicle partner for our firm since he is a NRA member also.

Bold move and I commend you.

I use National for my Company travels, hopefully they don't do the same.

The majority of people using rental cars regularly (weekly or monthly) are going to be business folks who are upper-middle or higher income and likely to be Right-leaning.

What a stupid move by Hertz and Enterprise!

CV355

_
Established Member
It astounds me that people are mad at the NRA when they provide safety training, fight for our rights to own, teach current laws to those of us that want to remain lawful. No one from the NRA is running around shooting up the schools and yet the NRA is the villain. Imagine a country without them. Like many aspects in government it isn't about right and wrong but end goal. Let these companies leave and I'll show my support elsewhere, two can play that game.

...and the NRA fully condemns firearm violence and supports background checks. Nobody at the NRA wants firearms to fall into the hands of dangerous people not only due to the human factor, but also because it harms the cause.

It's crazy though- they denounce the violent lunatics and the left is still frothing at the mouth blaming the NRA.

If the left truly cared about saving lives, they'd be beating up on big tobacco. Want to talk about something that is specifically engineered to cause addiction and harm? There you go.

4a7191a

Established Member
I'm just waiting for them to come try to take them one day...... in Texas I'm sure it would take drones armed with missiles and contracted out boots on ground to disarm the citizens households.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I'm just waiting for them to come try to take them one day...... in Texas I'm sure it would take drones armed with missiles and contracted out boots on ground to disarm the citizens households.
That chaos would need to take place from TX to GA, and then move a couple States North. TN, KY, SC, and the West side of NC.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bglf83

Established Member
Bold move and I commend you.

I use National for my Company travels, hopefully they don't do the same.

The majority of people using rental cars regularly (weekly or monthly) are going to be business folks who are upper-middle or higher income and likely to be Right-leaning.

What a stupid move by Hertz and Enterprise!
Thanks, I will use National as well. Previously used Thrifty, which was Hertz.

I had rental cars for over 45 days last year.

Malern28us

Established Member
Premium Member
Its only a little bit but just called Enterprise this am and told them that I would no longer use them for my rental needs.
Then I called Best Western and Wyndham and told them I was not happy with them eliminating support for the NRA.
Some dork at Best Western had the balls to tell me "but we are an international company and have to consider the views of millions of customers."
My response: "Yes, I realize that but THIS customer is telling you to go **** yourself."
My wife was giggling in the background...

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I don't know anyone, left or right, that doesn't agree with keeping guns away from the mentally ill. The problem is, that's a VERY broad spectrum, and VERY difficult to define. Also, what do you do with people who may have been ill at one time, but are later declared cured, for example, those who may have gone through a depression?

It's a thorny issue that involves people private medical information.
You have some valid point. But at this point if nothing is done. Which it looks like it wont be. Then everyone gun rights are gonna end up being effected. Currently this is the route that is gonna happen. Personally i have no problem having gun rights removed from someone under extreme depression. If they are cured it wont be easy for them to be able to buy a gun again. Its not a easy road. But its a better option than everyone losing some of there gun rights.

M240Bravo

Established Member
Anyone see this? A gun company, the CEO stepped down after him and his wife were giving money to anti-gun groups and bashing the 2A.

28167646_10214423045586020_2096707927949711383_n.jpg

M240Bravo

Established Member

When that day comes the news will call the first 100 or 1000 of American gun owners terrorist when they die to the police or military in their houses alone.

But after groups band together and fight they won't be saying that. And if people don't think trained and untrained people can't stop the US military with just rifles and low tech, look at Iraq, Afghanistan.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I work for Enterprise Holdings and this doesn’t surprise me one bit. Upper upper management is about as far left as I’ve ever come across.
When Trump was elected, most of the employees in Admin didnt even show up for work. One of my contacts there was super Conservative so he was in a great mood and another guy got in his face and was basically crying about it. It's funny because I know them all and they pride themselves on professionalism, except for that day. The head guy for our region is cool though and he is a Conservative. He said he couldn't help but laugh at all the liberals working under him that were having meltdowns.

But it is because of the pool of people they search for. They look for well spoken, good looking or athletic kids right out of college. From my experience, they tend to be jocks.
So basically there are only 2 rental car companies?
There's 3 main ones. Enterprise, Avis, and Hertz. All the other companies are pretty much owned by those 3.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
When that day comes the news will call the first 100 or 1000 of American gun owners terrorist when they die to the police or military in their houses alone.

But after groups band together and fight they won't be saying that. And if people don't think trained and untrained people can't stop the US military with just rifles and low tech, look at Iraq, Afghanistan.
Plus a lot of the guys who saw the most war are civilians now by either their own accord or by being forced out. Many of the young enlisted and officers now dont know war and wont see it until the next conflict rolls around. So that leaves civilians with a whole lot of experience and knowledge amonst us, not including those still working as contractors.

Users who are viewing this thread