Help!!!

dsg03bullitt

Established Member
Ok so i noticed a ticking sound last night while my car was idleing. I didnt think nothing of it, I just thought my exhaust leak was getting worse. It was running strong all of last night and this morning. I washed my car after that and it sat for about 4 hours. I cranked it up a few minutes ago and was driving down my road and it felt like it was missing really bad.....So i let it warm up and it just gets worse. It feels horrible, it runs like an old dirtbike with a clogged carb. I dont know what it is....Can you guys throw some suggestions out there or help me out a little bit. I raised my hood and that ticking sound is coming from the motor:eek: its like it all of a sudden happened

orange_whiner

Pro-class stoplight racer
Established Member
possibly injector noise. Get a section of rubber tubing about 3 ft. to use as a stethoscope to hear exactly where the ticking is coming from. Also do you have ngk tr6 plugs?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
possibly injector noise. Get a section of rubber tubing about 3 ft. to use as a stethoscope to hear exactly where the ticking is coming from. Also do you have ngk tr6 plugs?

Agreed,How many miles?=Fuel Filter/Air Filter Changed or clean
I think alot of people confuse injector noise to yhe "Dreaded Tick"
My 04 F-150 makes noise,definatly injectors!
Whoops,missed that missing point you made!Could be a fuel filter issue.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I think i may have gotten water down in my coils/plugs? while detailing my engine bay?

This is what it sounds like to me. If it ran fine last night and this morning and all you've done was wash it and now it's got a miss. Hopefully it's all it is. You got an X-cal? If you do you can pull some codes with it. I think your check engine light might have to come on though. I can't remember right now.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Someone else had some issues recently after hosing down their motor and not covering the coil packs. I believe he ended up replacing the pack(s).

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Pull your coil covers off and check each coil pack and make sure you don't have any loose spark plugs.

DrTaco

Established Member
It sounds like the coils/plugs. Happened to me when I wasn't careful detailing the engine a few weeks ago. Just pull em out, check for water/blow it out with compressed air and be prepared to buy new plugs.

dsg03bullitt

Established Member
yea i checked my coils/plugs and there is water down in there:eek: Im fixing to try and suck some out with a shop vac:shrug: So i need new plugs?

Kenny04Cobra

Established Member
Wouldnt change the plugs... just sounds like the packs are grounding out because of the water in the tubes... just dry them out, use rags, shop vac, compressed air etc...

Kenny

dsg03bullitt

Established Member
yup thats what it was^ I blew all of the water out and now it runs fine. BUT, That tick is so loud and it sounds like its coming from around my blower????? If its the injectors what should i do:shrug: Replace them?

Users who are viewing this thread