Help!! Oil Leak after oil change

TRBO VNM

imo, I would do an oil change myself, well, drain it at least and make sure that drain plug comes out and goes back in without issue. it will suck to lose the oil, but if there is an issue, now is the time to find it and not in 3k miles at another oil change when it is too late to go back to them.

are you sure you had the stock plug in there before you went there? if so, I would probably go back and talk to the manager. I mean, who the hell takes the stock plug and and puts an aftermarket in unless they f'ed up the stock plug.

res0n0xg

Established Member
If i lost my motor I would have gone to jail for assault. Anyway, I'm thinking about going back there and just asking for my money back, I'm not going to pay for another 6 qts of synthetic, not to mention they used 10W-30 without even asking me first, who the **** does that?

i really want to push the drain plug being replaced because that bolt looks shiny new, but i don't want to look like a complete asshat as i can't truly remember if i bought the car that way or not.

EDIT : It just dawned on me that I'm 99% positive they stripped the ****ing drain plug and then retapped with a large home depot bolt to try and cover it up.

I've tightened the new drain plug and it still isn't sealing. they ****ed me over, wow.

I'm beyond pissed right now, I'm going to need a new oil pan.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

yeah, that is what I was getting at.

and btw, places do it all the time at the jiffy lube type places where you may request a certain weight oil, but get something else. just do it yourself next time if it bothers you that much. if they would have gone with a straight 50 weight or something, then I would have issue with that. but going from a 5w20 to 5w30 or 10w30 isn't a big deal.

now the trick is, how can you prove they stripped it? what I would do is go there and talk to the manager. tell him you are leaking oil after their change. you jacked the motor up to check it and saw a different bolt on there than factory. go to the dealer and get a new drain plug and tell them you think the plug is causing it to leak and they need to cover the replacement oil. have them put a new plug in or see if you can sit there yourself and do it and watch them. if they tapped the hole larger, the factory plug won't work and then you have your proof.

and the kmember has to be dropped to change the pan. so all the front suspension, rack need to be dropped. plus, if the K is not aligned the same as it was, an alignment may be required.

Users who are viewing this thread