! Help me with svtp customer complaint !

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
I sold my blower and plenum to svtp member "blownnotcher" .. he claims that a nipple on the boost bypass valve broke off during shipment AND put a crack in the housing of it! The package was sent through UPS and no i did not pay for insurance ... i had written on it how the box should be sat on the ground in the upright position and weight and everything. I packaged the box VERY well and i used a lot of foam and paper to help protect the item securely. Well now he is asking me what we can do about this?

I feel like I am not responsible to pay extra money for a particular item to be shipped with insurance. I also feel that if i were to purcahse something on here and wanted it to be safe then ID be responsible to pay the seller extra money to ship the product with insurance to cover MY end of the deal. I was not asked to ship it with insurance and I also took the extra care to package it well, however that did not seem to matter. I dont feel responsible to have to take care of this situation.. what would you guys do in a situation like this?

I in no way am trying to leave someone hanging, I am not like that. Can the nipple even be repaired?

photo.jpg

Last edited:

f2hatch

Established Member
If it was me i would see about buying a new boost valve or maybe split the cost with him. It cant be that much money.

cobracloud

Established Member
I sold my blower and plenum to svtp member "blownnotcher" .. he claims that a nipple on the boost bypast valve broke off during shipment AND put a crack in the housing of it! The package was sent through UPS and no i did not pay for insurance ... i had written on it how the box should be sat on the ground in the upright position and weight and everything. I packaged the box VERY well and i used a lot of foam and paper to help protect the item securely. Well now he is asking me what we can do about this?

I feel like I am not responsible to pay extra money for a particular item to be shipped with insurance. I also feel that if i were to purcahse something on here and wanted it to be safe then ID be responsible to pay the seller extra money to ship the product with insurance to cover MY end of the deal. I was not asked to ship it with insurance and I also took the extra care to package it well, however that did not seem to matter. I dont feel responsible to have to take care of this situation.. what would you guys do in a situation like this?

I in no way am trying to leave someone hanging, I am not like that. Can the nipple even be repaired?

photo.jpg
i wouldnt trust a repair-it sucks that this happened but cant you two split the cost? i agree with what your saying but the easist thing to do is split the cost and be done with it

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
i agree to not "patching it" .. but are these things even made for this blower anymore? or are they all the same for many blowers? i have no idea about these things.. still new to a lot of it!

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
If I sell something I always add insurance to the shipping price to protect myself from something like this. I won't ship anything that is not insured. We all know how the boxes get thrown on and off the truck. I am also not saying that you should pay the price of the insurance yourself . Discuss this with the buyer and you could agree to any terms you want. You could split the insurance cost if you want or you could say the buyer is responsible for all shipping costs. In any case this won't help you now but mabey next time. I would just split the price for the new boost bypass valve as said above and hopefully you both will be happy. JMO.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
I would just split the price for the new boost bypass valve as said above and hopefully you both will be happy. JMO.

this is what we just agreed one .. i sent him $25 to help pay for it.. it will be $46 shipped to his house .. situation solved!:beer:

ATFPat

Established Member
^ +1. If you sold the item and it was listed "Optional" for the insurance and the seller declined that's one thing but I would think it would be your responsibility to make sure the package gets to the destination safely. I always add insurance in the price of what I ship just in case a problem arrises. I would def try to come to an agreement with the buying and not "Hang" him out to dry. Good luck, seem like your at-least looking into helping out the situation unlike a few people.

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
With everything I sell insurance IS NOT OPTIONAL. You either pay for the insurance or i'm not selling whatever it is to you. That's my policy and it's worked great for me....never an issue. Too much stuff gets lost or broken in transit a few extra dollars is well worth avoiding a headache like that.

racebronco2

Established Member
I can be repaired, i have been using one that i used jb weld and it's held for the past couple of years. I used a drill bit inserted into the nipple and spread the jb weld around it. I agree on including insurance of items bought and sold.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
It's always the seller's responsibility to make sure it is packaged correctly. The heavier the item, the more critical that you make sure nothing will break if the box is dumped. A quick tour of UPS or Fed Ex depo will shock you. Even a well made box gets treated pretty badly on their automated conveyors, especially when they come down a funnel ramp for hand sorting. I've seen boxes at the bottom of the ramp crushed from the weight of the packages above it.

Glad to see both sides worked it out. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm glad you got it resolved so quickly and to both parties' satisfaction. However, NEVER have an item that expensive shipped without insurance. IMO it isn't fair to come after the other party if the item is damaged en-route if it wasn't insured. That's what the insurance is for. Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson here. Again, happy it's a happy ending for you, but please don't make the same mistake again. It's just not worth it just to save a couple of dollars on insurance.

0310thstock

Established Member
I can be repaired, i have been using one that i used jb weld and it's held for the past couple of years. I used a drill bit inserted into the nipple and spread the jb weld around it. I agree on including insurance of items bought and sold.

Me too!
Mine has broken like three times.I put JB weld on it every time.

Users who are viewing this thread