HELLIONS newest customer...

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
...is me. Kit arrived Friday, less than a week after I ordered it. Install starts monday at Stenod Racing www.stenodracing.com
I am going to run the same setup that Jason (trbo vnm0 is, t76, ball bearing, 96a/r, MACH1 intake, 03 cobra throttle body.

Just want to get my car running and drive it some, been down since October. I hired Stenod to try to finish the THP kit install but they found more problems than I did during my 4-1/2 months of fighting with it. Long story short, 7 different pipes and the k member misfit, kit has been returned and Jim Napier of THP has promised to refund my money. He was very supportive during all the problems I had and provided good customer service and communication.

Took a few minutes Friday to look over the Hellion kit, stainless pipes, chromed pipes, looks good.

Stenod Racing is a custom turbo shop, they do not do kits, only full custom systems or installs. They have done a lot of f-bodies setups. They are very well known around here.

I will try to keep you guys better informed from now on.

SVTboy

Established Member
Wow... I was starting to wonder what was up since there has been no updates untill now. That sucks to hear you have to start all over again. Has anyone else run into similar problems with the THP kit?? After seeing your car in progress I was seriously considering doing the same setup, with the same the oiling system too. Maybe I should reconsider and look into Hellion a little more....

TRBO VNM

glad I could be of help Dave. Have the guys at Stenod give me a call if there are any questions. :beer:

- Aj -

Established Member
Yates...Man said:
I know huh? Talk about withdrawals. I really wanted to see the THP kit work too.

That's a real shame. Looked like a nice kit.

Hye

Established Member
sounds like a lot of bs and headache with that other kit you had. Hope you get the hellion kit up and running fast. I remember you working and puttin in a lot of time/effort on your turbo terminator project for quite some time. get her up and running, soon!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Hellion makes a nice kit.......Have enjoyed watching TRBO VNM install and get his setup going. Good luck with it PB!

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Cool Dave. I'll be excited to see this beast. Sorry the other kit didnt work out for ya. I was getting worried you were going to miss some of the cruises with your car down, but not now :beer:

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Yates...Man said:
I really wanted to see the THP kit work too.
You will...hopefully my car will be on the dyno tomorrow. Been chasing a problem and turned out to be a bad TPS sensor, so tomorrow morning that should be fixed. I didn't have the same issues that Dave did with the install, so that totally sucks for him. Dave @ Injected Racing has installed the THP kit on two cars now. The Hellion is a very high quality piece and I am sure he will have good luck with it.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
SVTboy said:
...snip... Has anyone else run into similar problems with the THP kit?? ...snip...

YES, three others that I know of personally. All are problems with headers hitting the K-member, specifically two drivers sides and one passenger side. I will leave it to those guys if they wanna come forward but totally understand if not. When you show a companies product in a bad light, ie not fitting, it tends to get you on their bad side. I am still waiting on my refund from THP but they are saying not till they are back from some race so they can go through it and "advise" on the condition. Something about parts arriving back in poor condition even though every part was carefully bubble wrapped.
Ah the joys of modding...

I myself worked for FOUR 1/2 months with THP to try to remedy all the issues but it just was too many.

Specific problems;
1.passenger side header hit the k, they sent a new one, it fit. see pic

2. Drivers header hit the k when trying to install trans. Trans is still 2" out of position. THP stated they may have sent the wrong K?!?!?!?

3.Drivers uppipe (both original and replacement) hit the steering linkage. see pic

4.Drivers downpipe (both original and replacement) lined up to hit the main crank pulley. see pic

5. IC to maf pipe hit the fender and would not align with IC. It was a good 15 degrees off at the bottom and 3/4" off from clearing the fender. I fought with it for 15 minutes, this one pipe, every possible orientation, no joy.

6.K member sent was wrong one, per jims guess and held the engine twisted so much trans would not go in the car.

After all that I just decided to return it, too many problems. #5 and #6 were the final straws.

fit_014TXT.gif

fit_015TXT.gif

psb004.gif

SVTboy

Established Member
ooooooo.... Thanks for the pictures and the explanations, I think I'm gonna stay away from that kit, looked good at first but now after seeing all of this come to light... I dont want to go through all of that hassle either... good luck on your new adventure... Thanks again

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
I'll stick to my custom single 76 and possible upgrade to 88 build.

One of my cousins has HP 57's. The piping touches the control arms...gonna get bent to hell when he starts driving it. Parked right next to him is an 02 GT with the same kit on it with the same problem. Now this stuff from THP...

Got another cousin with Twin 72's...shop doing the build has been at it for 11+ months now :lol1:

Thread hijack off...

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
50 BMG said:
I'll stick to my custom single 76 and possible upgrade to 88 build.

One of my cousins has HP 57's. The piping touches the control arms...gonna get bent to hell when he starts driving it. Parked right next to him is an 02 GT with the same kit on it with the same problem. Now this stuff from THP...

Got another cousin with Twin 72's...shop doing the build has been at it for 11+ months now :lol1:

Thread hijack off...

Just goes to show you how some companies just throw their kits together and call them done.

dougwg

Established Member
WhippleCharged Sonic said:
Just goes to show you how some companies just throw their kits together and call them done.

I warned Dave of this, but he didn't want to hear it... so I shut up. :shrug:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
dougwg said:
I warned Dave of this, but he didn't want to hear it... so I shut up. :shrug:

It's true, I recall well your scowl of disapproval after examining the blobby, spattered welds on the headers. Also the pointing and laughing at the collectors was a sign I shoulda heeded. :(

"The only path to true knowledge is through wasted money"

another good one is " wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first" Bad Santa

Users who are viewing this thread