Hellion TT kit on Boss?

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
Ill be picking my boss up in Florida the end of the month and i want to do a full return style fuel system, a free flowing exhaust, Hellion TT system and E85. Im just worried about the clutch being weak or the engine not being strong enough. Ive read they can handle 800whp etc but for how long is the question? Has to be a weak spot somewhere.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Ill be picking my boss up in Florida the end of the month and i want to do a full return style fuel system, a free flowing exhaust, Hellion TT system and E85. Im just worried about the clutch being weak or the engine not being strong enough. Ive read they can handle 800whp etc but for how long is the question? Has to be a weak spot somewhere.

Awesome man! Your going to love it!

We just recently did a BOSS with return style on pump with a stock clutch and it made 866.

The cool thing about turbo's is with a boost controller, you can adjust the boost settings so you don't always have to run high boost.

Shoot me a call, I will enjoy explaining a BOSS with the set up you want.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
if you go centrifical, all the beneifts of the vortech / paxton setups far outweigh that of the procharger.

cost, intercooler, crank stress, intake placement

as far as highest hp cars, anyone can make a hit on the dyno for a pass

go to the track, and see what the quickest cars are running. take mmr's out, i love the guys at mmr, i'm a dealer for them, and they sponsor me

but the car is a back halved race car, and doesn't apply to anyone here.

the centrificals, namely the vortech / paxton, are dominating the 5.0 market. the track is where it matters, not the dyno.

and yes, i only sell vortech / paxton, and there is a reason why

kbroush

Established Member
I agree with everything Steve just said. I have an ecoboost fx4 f150 and fell in love with the turbo technology on it. It's time for another TT vehicle in the garage lol

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I agree with everything Steve just said. I have an ecoboost fx4 f150 and fell in love with the turbo technology on it. It's time for another TT vehicle in the garage lol

Can't beat the reliability of a twin turbo system! Esp the one Hellion created for the every day person.

CPRsm

Not sure. I only heard the turbine pitch change a little. Could be choking. God damn air filter is still on lol.

Last edited:

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
In very interested in the built auto going into a boss. Any rough estimates on cost? I talked to one shop and they said "youre looking at $10,000".

CPRsm

Probably right if you buy the tranny new from Ford. They're some 5-6k alone. Then driveshaft, converter, hardness, tune, etc. could find a core cheaper and save a bit. But I'd be looking for a T400 or an AOD. Something with a brake tha can be had for <4k. You'll spend 900-1200 on a converter and all the rest of the parts plus install. But no tune, or harness change.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
I dont mind what it is as long as it'll hold power and is a clean install without cutting a ton of crap up. Id love to throw a manual VB in it with a pistol grip and a break. That with a nice FI system and E85 on a good drag radial. Im foaming at the mouth over here.

CPRsm

Turbos and autos=milk and cookies. I want a T400 in my GT500 as soon as I'm done w all these projects. That 6060 is gone!!!! Lol

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Probably right if you buy the tranny new from Ford. They're some 5-6k alone. Then driveshaft, converter, hardness, tune, etc. could find a core cheaper and save a bit. But I'd be looking for a T400 or an AOD. Something with a brake tha can be had for <4k. You'll spend 900-1200 on a converter and all the rest of the parts plus install. But no tune, or harness change.

I know you and I bump heads a lot but I will 100% agree with you on this.

I dont mind what it is as long as it'll hold power and is a clean install without cutting a ton of crap up. Id love to throw a manual VB in it with a pistol grip and a break. That with a nice FI system and E85 on a good drag radial. Im foaming at the mouth over here.

If your going that route, Freddy Brown makes one of the nicest 4R70 swaps out there.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
My biggest conerns are still having a nice drivability, not cutting stuff all up and the proper tuning etc to make it work right. Ive done to much half ass shit in my life and id rather not mess this up as well ya know? The MVB option would be nice but also just poping into drive and going is nice.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
My biggest conerns are still having a nice drivability, not cutting stuff all up and the proper tuning etc to make it work right. Ive done to much half ass shit in my life and id rather not mess this up as well ya know? The MVB option would be nice but also just poping into drive and going is nice.

And you have nothing to worry about. PM BUCKET. He has recently done this. Bought the kit, installed and we tuned. He drove it 7hrs to us, we dyno tuned it. Made 866 on like 12psi (turned down for street with the controller) and than drove it 7hrs back home.

Users who are viewing this thread