Hellion TT kit on Boss?

kbroush

Established Member
Has anyone installed/driven a boss with the hellion twin turbo kit installed? I am considering buying one and just want to know how smooth the install goes and how the fit and finish is of the kit and also the driveability after wards. There are two things holding me back from buying the kit. #1 is its $8000 dollars and I still need a hand held tuner, I already have ID1000 injectors. #2 is you have to tap in to the oil pan for the oil return line from the turbos. I don't know how big of a fan I am of that idea. I though of using an electric pump oil sump??? Any help or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Has anyone installed/driven a boss with the hellion twin turbo kit installed? I am considering buying one and just want to know how smooth the install goes and how the fit and finish is of the kit and also the driveability after wards. There are two things holding me back from buying the kit. #1 is its $8000 dollars and I still need a hand held tuner, I already have ID1000 injectors. #2 is you have to tap in to the oil pan for the oil return line from the turbos. I don't know how big of a fan I am of that idea. I though of using an electric pump oil sump??? Any help or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

i can set you up with a vortech or paxton for a little over 1/2 of what this kit costs and you'll have all the power you need

with those injectors you have, the paxton kit, a bap, tune, and pulley, you'll be around the 700rwhp mark for a few thousand less

kbroush

Established Member
Beef, do they still make the black vortech kit? Those are purdy. ID1000's should be good enough even if I decide on e85 wouldnt they? I am still interested in the twin turbo route but I will look in to the vortech, paxton kits too. Thanks.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beef, do they still make the black vortech kit? Those are purdy. ID1000's should be good enough even if I decide on e85 wouldnt they? I am still interested in the twin turbo route but I will look in to the vortech, paxton kits too. Thanks.

The black vortech looks great on these cars, very good looking kit

the 1000's would work fine with the e85, i made 960rwhp with the 1000's on e85

On3 kit? They are only 3700

lol, no comment

kbroush

Established Member
I will pass on the on3 kit. I want the quality to match my car. Hellion makes a single turbo kit as well but is not much cheaper than the twin kit.

BUCKET

Established Member
I have a Hellion TT '13 boss, if you can search I have a build thread and then when I drove it from GA with the twins down to boca raton. Showed up at the blow by racing shop, put a return fuel system in it. Made 862rwhp on 12 psi and pump gas then drove 7 hrs home the next morning. The car is an animal, trying to find a way to put down 12psi now. Have it at 9 right now and 1-3 are useless on a 260 tread wear tire. There are a couple TT boss's out there. Feel free to contact me

Last edited:

kbroush

Established Member
Thanks guys. I will look up both your builds when I have time tonight. I plan to eventually do a return style fuel system with e85 if I do the TT kit. The wife gave me the green light to do it. I'm just hesitant until I research it more. 800rwhp would be fun in a street car.

TRDon

Established Member
lol, no comment

I would actually prefer you comment. i am looking for a tt kit in the future. I have installed 2 on3 kits, one on a 99 and one on a 05. Both made near 700 on e85. Both kits were flawless, no leaks, no fuss, no problems at all. I havent seen a mod 5.0 kit yet but a guy i know locally just got one last friday and i plan to see how his setup works out.

Have you seen one of these kits beef? Or just going off of the negative feedback that this forum has given them as a whole. Serious question, because i said the same thing about quality, fitment and leaks for the price, but i must say, i was really impressed twice with their stuff.

kbroush

Established Member
Their turbo kits are ok im my opinion. They use cheaper turbos too so that's why they are way less money. They use master power turbos which I hear are good for a budget build. I personally would rather have the hellion kit since it is all stainless and uses precision turbos.

TRDon

Established Member
Master power is a decent turbo, but unfortunately they went under about 2 years ago. Pm was I believe Brazilian and now they use on3 branded turbos built in china. On one both I installed they used mp turbos but on the 99 it was upgraded to an on3 ball bearing 76 with a .81 ar exhaust housing. The on3 turbo made a ton more power just due to size and efficiency at the boost level he was running (about 21 pounds). Both kits we used were 100% stainless tubing on hot and cold side. Not condoning or condemning just giving some more info. I can't compare it to hellion as I have never seen a hellion kit, I don't doubt it would be of better quality. Fr me and the way I use my car, I would have a hard time swallowing more than twice the cost when a kit that could make stupid power that is essentially the same thing is out there. Even if I just used the kit and bought my own precision turbos for the on3 kit, I would still be money way ahead.

I will be checking out my buddy's kit and talk to him about install when he does it. He is a fantastic fabricator so I know I can trust his judgement if he says it was a junk kit and he had to redo too much stuff. I will post up how it all goes when it is done. I haven't even seen or heard of anyone else on a forum who had one yet so he will be my guinea pig.

kbroush

Established Member
There is a guy in my town who just ordered an on3 kit for his sn95 cobra. I read a ton of articles and they are very good kits for the price. I just think for my car and the reliability I want I will stick with Hellion. They use top notch parts and its all in one package. Let me know though how your friends build goes, I would be interested to see how the on3 stuff is for newer mustangs.

TRDon

Established Member
Totally understand. I will definitely be posting up his findings and what I think of the newer kits.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Good call on the hellion Twin Turbo. We have installed a few on some BOSS's and tuned many others. January 13 issue of MMFF has our TT BOSS on the cover. We have a LS being shipped to us now from up north to do this swap too. For what your getting with MINOR add-ons, it's actually a very well-priced system. if you have any questions, please feel free to call.

561-417-5555

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
I know everyone is talking about the twin turbo setup but what about the single turbo setup? How much of downgrade is it? Can some argument or facts be made showing a.... D1SC procharger would be a better fit compared to Hellion Single Turbo setup. Better power gains at same boost level, better durability...I want to get the procharger butfor some reason Im just hesitent about adding boost just yet.

Jenkins

Established Member
I wanted to put the twins on my Boss but everyone I talked to said they didn't like the system and the setup. They said there was a lot of cutting and relocating.

Bloodykisses

Mopar troll.
Established Member
hmm. Talked to Evolution a few days ago and they swore up and down that me buying the hellion kit was the worst thing i could do. Not sure why? they swore by the F1 Procharger instead.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I know everyone is talking about the twin turbo setup but what about the single turbo setup? How much of downgrade is it? Can some argument or facts be made showing a.... D1SC procharger would be a better fit compared to Hellion Single Turbo setup. Better power gains at same boost level, better durability...I want to get the procharger butfor some reason Im just hesitent about adding boost just yet.

A centrifigul blower and a turbo are 2 completely different types of power. I have owned both and I will tell you from experience, the turbo is a much better way to go. Instead of building boost through rpm, your at full boost in low rpm. Plus with a turbo, it's free horsepower. More reliable

I wanted to put the twins on my Boss but everyone I talked to said they didn't like the system and the setup. They said there was a lot of cutting and relocating.

You cut more in a Procharger kit. And the only thing you re-locate is the fuse box which is to the right (comes with a bracket to re-mount it)

hmm. Talked to Evolution a few days ago and they swore up and down that me buying the hellion kit was the worst thing i could do. Not sure why? they swore by the F1 Procharger instead.

I would love to see and get proof why a hellion's twin turbo kit is bad but no other turbo systems are.... Because the highest HP coyote out there is Hellion's 2011 with a Twin Turbo. And fastest coyote is a twin turbo that MMR did.

3 reasons why that's said:

1. Not a Hellion dealer
Complete Distributor List

2. Tuner wont tune Hellion systems

3. Procharger dealer

Just to make sure people understand, I am a HUGE Procharger fan! Their systems work. We are a dealer of all blower systems as well. No picking one way and I will gladly explain the systems on why each one has pro's and con's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread