HD DVD player $98.00 at walmart

Supernova

Established Member
umm...umm....So you honestly believe if you buy something from walmart it's crap? Even if its the same identical thing you can buy at Best Buy for or Circuit City for 20% more?

interesting

JD

Don't worry, that kid is obviously an idiot that has already been proven wrong numerous times. :)

Lightningfr

Banned
You are the dumbest muther****er on the internet! Here's why:

First of all, I've already proven all your arguments to be bunk with facts and sources, but you still try to come back and argue your worthless point.

Secondly, 1080i IS "true HD." HD is 720p, 1080i, and 1080p. Second, I never said anything about what it was capable of--I stated that the Toshiba is a "good player." Just because it doesn't do 1080p doesn't mean that it isn't worth $98. If you have a 1080p TV and you watch a 1080i program, what you're seeing IS STILL DISPLAYED PROGRESSIVELY! Your TV deinterlaces the 1080i signal and then displays it progressively. The VAST majority of HDTVs sold to this point are NOT 1080p TVs anyway--1080p has really only come on in the last year to year and a half. So there's a lot of HDTV owners on this website that will be able to take full advantage of the Toshiba player for less than a hundred bucks.

Instead of resorting to acting like a child on the internet, perhaps you should re-read my posts and try to respond with actual facts. I've proven you wrong time and time again so unless you can come up with anything worthwhile to say, I'm done proving you wrong.

ok dumb fu i just read up to where it says 1080i is displayed progressively.. and ya . it need to be converted and THAT WHERE YOU LOSE your quality it just as good as watching 720p interlaced tv singals suck that why we dont you them... on cheap ass bitch's use them to make money maybe you should get off your fat ass and go to school its good if you have a 1080i tv but its still not worth a dam ....

anytime you convert something you lose something

kinda like every time you respond you get dumber and dumber
agian your still a retard :beer:
take basic electronics i think they teach you what get loss when you convert
ill still wait for the 1080p dvd player to get 180 soon twice as good as 1080i

Last edited:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Why cant you understand that some people just dont want to spend 5 grand on a tv/player combo? Some people still dont have top of the line shit. Some people use them for thier kids rooms, or their bedrooms. Its basically free so whats the deal. If anything ever happens to it Walmart(the redneck store according to you) will take it back no questions asked. Quit being a doush:rolleyes:

Lightningfr

Banned
Why cant you understand that some people just dont want to spend 5 grand on a tv/player combo? Some people still dont have top of the line shit. Some people use them for thier kids rooms, or their bedrooms. Its basically free so whats the deal. If anything ever happens to it Walmart(the redneck store according to you) will take it back no questions asked. Quit being a doush:rolleyes:

so now areyou gonna buy only hd-dvds at twice the price?

on a lower end entertainment system if you are you just got owned in the butt by big company marketing.......

thats all im saying... ppl think there getting a great deal but there really not its another way big company screw over people...

JDStud6

Established Member
ok dumb fu i just read up to where it says 1080i is displayed progressively.. and ya . it need to be converted and THAT WHERE YOU LOSE your quality it just as good as watching 720p interlaced tv singals suck that why we dont you them... on cheap ass bitch's use them to make money maybe you should get off your fat ass and go to school its good if you have a 1080i tv but its still not worth a dam ....

so now areyou gonna buy only hd-dvds at twice the price?

on a lower end entertainment system if you are you just got owned in the butt by big company marketing.......

thats all im saying... ppl think there getting a great deal but there really not its another way big company screw over people...

grammar owns you

JD

JasonSnake

Established Member
LightningFr, a question. If you hook up a progressive player to a regular crt TV, would I get progressive on the screen?

nate

Established Member

You have just shown what a dumbass you are. How about you do a little research before you run your mouth. Here, I did it for you. This is just one of many articles I have read concerning 1080i vs 1080p. In case you still can't comprehend, When you have a source material that is 1080p that goes through a 1080i player then to a 1080p tv, it will look the same as if it were though a 1080p player.

http://www.hometheatermag.com/gearworks/1106gear/, or if you don't know how to click on a link, I highlighted the main part.

There Is No Difference Between 1080p and 1080i
My bold-printed, big-lettered breaker above is a little sensationalistic, but, as far as movies are concerned, this is basically true. Here's why. Movies (and most TV shows) are shot at 24 frames per second (either on film or on 24-frame-per-second HD cameras). Every TV sold in the United States has a refresh rate of 60 hertz. This means that the screen refreshes 60 times per second. In order to display 24-frame-per-second content on a display that essentially shows 60 frames per second, you need to make up or create new frames. This is accomplished by a method called 3:2 pulldown (or, more accurately, 2:3 pulldown). It doubles the first frame of film, triples the second frame, doubles the third frame, and so on, creating a 2-3-2-3-2-3 sequence. (Check out Figure 1 for a more colorful depiction.) So, the new frames don't have new information; they are just duplicates of the original film frames. This process converts 24-frame-per-second film to be displayed on a 60-Hz display.

It's Deinterlacing, Not Scaling
HD DVD and Blu-ray content is 1080p/24. If your player outputs a 60-Hz signal (that is, one that your TV can display), the player is adding (creating) the 3:2 sequence. So, whether you output 1080i or 1080p, it is still inherently the same information. The only difference is in whether the player interlaces it and your TV deinterlaces it, or if the player just sends out the 1080p signal directly. If the TV correctly deinterlaces 1080i, then there should be no visible difference between deinterlaced 1080i and direct 1080p (even with that extra step). There is no new information—nor is there more resolution, as some people think. This is because, as you can see in Figure 1, there is no new information with the progressive signal. It's all based on the same original 24 frames per second.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member

Can someone who understands retard translate this to English?

jip

Established Member
dumb shit...
cuz that model says 1080i! that is not 1080p witch means its not true hd nor the same quality of blue ray... my point exactly so why dont you get that tampon out of your ass cuz you dont know wtf your talking about

have fun with the low end pos equipment loser.....

you still dont know jack shit about electronics so have fun with your shitty set up.. :loser:
but i guess it looks good on your 12 inch tv you wont be able to tell the diff[/QUOTE

Did you really just use the word witch?instead of which,what is it going to put a spell on us!

Lightningfr

Banned
You have just shown what a dumbass you are. How about you do a little research before you run your mouth. Here, I did it for you. This is just one of many articles I have read concerning 1080i vs 1080p. In case you still can't comprehend, When you have a source material that is 1080p that goes through a 1080i player then to a 1080p tv, it will look the same as if it were though a 1080p player.

http://www.hometheatermag.com/gearworks/1106gear/, or if you don't know how to click on a link, I highlighted the main part.

There Is No Difference Between 1080p and 1080i
My bold-printed, big-lettered breaker above is a little sensationalistic, but, as far as movies are concerned, this is basically true. Here's why. Movies (and most TV shows) are shot at 24 frames per second (either on film or on 24-frame-per-second HD cameras). Every TV sold in the United States has a refresh rate of 60 hertz. This means that the screen refreshes 60 times per second. In order to display 24-frame-per-second content on a display that essentially shows 60 frames per second, you need to make up or create new frames. This is accomplished by a method called 3:2 pulldown (or, more accurately, 2:3 pulldown). It doubles the first frame of film, triples the second frame, doubles the third frame, and so on, creating a 2-3-2-3-2-3 sequence. (Check out Figure 1 for a more colorful depiction.) So, the new frames don't have new information; they are just duplicates of the original film frames. This process converts 24-frame-per-second film to be displayed on a 60-Hz display.

It's Deinterlacing, Not Scaling
HD DVD and Blu-ray content is 1080p/24. If your player outputs a 60-Hz signal (that is, one that your TV can display), the player is adding (creating) the 3:2 sequence. So, whether you output 1080i or 1080p, it is still inherently the same information. The only difference is in whether the player interlaces it and your TV deinterlaces it, or if the player just sends out the 1080p signal directly. If the TV correctly deinterlaces 1080i, then there should be no visible difference between deinterlaced 1080i and direct 1080p (even with that extra step). There is no new information—nor is there more resolution, as some people think. This is because, as you can see in Figure 1, there is no new information with the progressive signal. It's all based on the same original 24 frames per second.

wow you can look up info on wikpedia good for you

just cuz the resolution is the same it doesn meen shit
tool's :thumbsup: :loser:
resolution and how it is displayed is two diff things maybe you loser need to graduate hs b4 you learn electronics..

its pointless untill you understand how it works you still just dont understand
maybe thats why i get paid what i do
hmmmm

Last edited:

nate

Established Member
Hey, dumbass, does the link go to wiki, no it doesn't. But keep on thinking your the king and talking like a 12 year old, and while you keep acting like that, no one will have any respect for your opinion.

JasonSnake

Established Member
lightningfr, trust all of us when we say you really don't know what you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread