HD DVD player $98.00 at walmart

jwhite

Established Member
im so weary of almost any electronic aside from game consoles at wal-mart. Everything they seem to carry doesn't exist anymore or it's made in a subdivison that's not even listed in the manual.

good price, bad rep :shrug:

This HD DVD player is made by Toshiba
Toshiba created the HD DVD technology.

i think this one is safe. ;-)

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Yeah I do. I've seen HDTV's that friends own and I didn't see a big enough difference to convince me to buy one.

I'm tempted to call :bs: on this. Maybe you've seen an EDTV and weren't impressed but HDTV has mind-blowing clarity and everyone I've ever heard of besides you is impressed by it.

Go and watch Discovery HD or an NFL game in HD and tell me it's not that much different...:read:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Hd and Blue Ray are great except for that one thing....when watching Johnny Dep I saw more of him than I wanted to! I mean..every pore, on every person, it was soooo clear that it looked fake. Def one of the coolest things I have ever seen. The perfect set up these days is almost as kewl as hearing my mom talk about the first kid on the block with the first tv. Man electronics have come a long ways! Anyone need any 8 tracks? Cassetts? Records?(lol)-Shane

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Which rap groups do you have on record? That was I was sorta looking for and I really didn't imagine that you'd have any... I guess I'm a rare breed collecting Metal and Rap things.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Which rap groups do you have on record? That was I was sorta looking for and I really didn't imagine that you'd have any... I guess I'm a rare breed collecting Metal and Rap things.

It was more of a joke. All my old stuff like that is still at my moms house and has been ever since I left home at 18 for the Military. That was 14 years ago..lol-Shane

Lightningfr

Banned
Toshiba is nothing special
will see how many of these things get sent back...

seriously your buying shit from wal mart thinking its "good quality" :lol:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

Yeah..cause Toshiba sends the good ones to Best Buy, Circuit City and all the other places around the world but secretly sends the bad ones to Wal-Mart. :dw: My TV...is Toshiba..and is very good in quality IMO :poke:

blk96SVT

Established Member

Do you have anything positive to say!!?!? Thanks for your worthless contribution to this thread.:loser:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
It's either 2009 or 2010 but by that time all tv will be HD, might wanna start thinking about one.

01/01/2009.
If you still own a stone age analog TV you will need an D to A converter.
Just buy a damn HD. $40.00 for an A to D converter? I doubt most analog TV's are worth $40.00.
Jeff

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
while this sounds like a great deal, im sure the prices on these will be dropping like rocks within the next month (not these $100 ones). i sold electronics for a few years and have watched the price patterns carefully. the prices really dont ever go back up. its not like these will be $200 again at walmart next month. if you keep an eye on the sunday ads up until Christmas, im sure you'll see other ones dropping in price as well. this one just jumped out early. there's probably a better version of these HD dvd players just around the corner that are going to be released soon. they did the same thing with dvd players. first came the basic ones and then they kept coming out with better and better models. i have a bunch of dvd movies that i dont even watch as it is, so im definitely in no hurry to upgrade everything. i watch more tv and play games, more than i do watch dvds. i can wait until they hit $50, which will probably be in 6 months to a year.

JasonSnake

Established Member
^^^

Well, Toshiba's HD-A2 will be replaced with the A3 as their 3rd gen player

Lightning Steve

Established Member
I've finally givin up on discount electronics. Bought two DVD players that were on sale for half price, both of them crapped out after about three months. Did this twice with differant brands, four dvd players in the last year. The store I bought them from puts these out every 6 months or so (they must have a million of them), found out that if they only get half of them returned they're happy. One other thing I found is that alot of these "good brands at low low prices" are really just refurbished. They didn't work in the first place, factory (or someone) fixes them up, then get sold at discount prices.
Finally bought a LG up-converting DVD and am really impressed with it, just got to get a new TV (two weeks I hope).

topless_sn8k

Established Member
What if my TV is 1080I? I also only have the composite cables, I bought one of the first 37" wide screens LCD HD TVs from Olievia before the HDMI cable was offered :(. I'm looking to upgrade to a 47" 1080P LCD soon. I have an xBox 360, would it be best to just buy the extra HD box??????

Users who are viewing this thread