Haven't seen Evan's 2018 GT bone stock A10 pass posted yet?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Stock - Car built from the factory.
Not-Stock - Modifying said "factory car" in any way makes it "not stock"

Car came from the factory with stock street tires. You swap to a Drag Radial. Car is no longer "factory/stock"

That wasn't hard....

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
snow tires as well right? they didn't come from the factory.... see how dumb that sounds?

Stock - Car built from the factory.
Not-Stock - Modifying said "factory car" in any way makes it "not stock"

Car came from the factory with stock street tires. You swap to a Drag Radial. Car is no longer "factory/stock"

That wasn't hard....

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
snow tires as well right? they didn't come from the factory.... see how dumb that sounds?

Does the change in tire offer a performance advantage? If so, then yes.

There is such thing as ice racing, BTW. They do it up here all the time.

Ask yourself this question, if I took my mustang out to do ice racing and it was either the stock pirellis or Michelin PA4s, would the snow tire offer an advantage?

Yes

Would it be considered stock?

The answer is no.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
oh you know it! I bet they are over there dissecting the result from every angle, attempting to pick that run apart.
They are. They have already stated it was a hero run, ford had to hire a miracle driver to do it, the track was rented, didn't have stock tires, the guy fasted 7 days before racing, didn't take a shit for a month, the weather was the most perfect weather for drag racing since the invention of recording atmospheric measurements. They purchased gas directly from the Saudis, the earths rotational pattern was aligned with orbit of planet NR-72Nebula that caused the earths gravity to change and that they used 10 layers of wax on the GT to allow for more aerodynamics.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
oh you know it! I bet they are over there dissecting the result from every angle, attempting to pick that run apart.

Indeed. Some are getting quite defensive about it too.

Disclaimer: I'm not a member over there so I'm just simply reading the comments posted and nothing else. I'm not a person who trolls, lol.

They are. They have already stated it was a hero run, ford had to hire a miracle driver to do it, the track was rented, didn't have stock tires, the guy fasted 7 days before racing, didn't take a shit for a month, the weather was the most perfect weather for drag racing since the invention of recording atmospheric measurements. They purchased gas directly from the Saudis, the earths rotational pattern was aligned with orbit of planet NR-72Nebula that caused the earths gravity to change and that they used 10 layers of wax on the GT to allow for more aerodynamics.

Lol, I must have missed that thread. They are getting very detailed with the debunking, ha! ;)

Now the real question is, how can we make the criteria posted above a reality for some runs!? =D

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

LMFAO...they got the Saudi high test gasoline....burned that motor out on just one hero run :D

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Nope. I don't see C6Zs rolling around here daily. Especially Atomic Orange.
There's almost 28k c6 z06 made. They are common bud. Even in atomic orange, its so common you and that other guy purchased the SAME color z06, probably within a month or two. Forgot his name, but he posts here. LOL, stop kidding yourself.

Never_Enough

Established Member
There's almost 28k c6 z06 made. They are common bud. Even in atomic orange, its so common you and that other guy purchased the SAME color z06, probably within a month or two. Forgot his name, but he posts here. LOL, stop kidding yourself.
Hmm, never said it was a rare car or limited production. I don't own the car anymore. WHo the **** cares?! You see AO C6Z daily in your town? Cool beans.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member

Not dumb at all. Car manufacturer's don't sell winter tires on cars.

Winter tires enhance snow performance and traction. Plain and simple.

Drag Radials and Slicks enhance traction for racing. Plain and simple. It is a mod.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I get the stock definition debate. It's hard logically, for me at least, to say anything you change to the car delivered from the factory is not modded in some way. That would include the tires. When you start talking about tires it gets to be a slippery slope because of all the traction types out there, so it's nice to consider that as something modded to the car.

Factory stock to me is how it comes from the factory. When you say tires aren't considered a mod you start to get to some ambiguity. Which I've seen guys say they are completely stock and show up to a race with full out slicks and want to run from a dig.

I get the other side of things too. If you fan of a particular brand and that brand sticks some pretty horrendous tires on the car from the factory, then you are going to want to switch out the tires for better traction. Once doing that you don't want to say you modded the car, but simply did what that factory should have done in the first place. Or perhaps you are racing against a Demon with the drag radials and you're in a Z06. The guy in the Z06 is going to want to have the same tires on his car too but the Z06 doesn't have the drag radials from factory. So it would be considered a modded Z06 vs. stock Demon. That too sounds misleading because when someone says modded you might think of a different pulley size, cams, intake... In this case it's just a simple tire swap.

No matter what side you are on though, it's good to be completely transparent as possible to avoid any kind of miscommunication. Sometimes when you don't consider tires as a mod people can take advantage of the ambiguity.

Just some of my .02 on the matter.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I get the stock definition debate. It's hard logically, for me at least, to say anything you change to the car delivered from the factory is not modded in some way. That would include the tires. When you start talking about tires it gets to be a slippery slope because of all the traction types out there, so it's nice to consider that as something modded to the car.

Factory stock to me is how it comes from the factory. When you say tires aren't considered a mod you start to get to some ambiguity. Which I've seen guys say they are completely stock and show up to a race with full out slicks and want to run from a dig.

I get the other side of things too. If you fan of a particular brand and that brand sticks some pretty horrendous tires on the car from the factory, then you are going to want to switch out the tires for better traction. Once doing that you don't want to say you modded the car, but simply did what that factory should have done in the first place. Or perhaps you are racing against a Demon with the drag radials and you're in a Z06. The guy in the Z06 is going to want to have the same tires on his car too but the Z06 doesn't have the drag radials from factory. So it would be considered a modded Z06 vs. stock Demon. That too sounds misleading because when someone says modded you might think of a different pulley size, cams, intake... In this case it's just a simple tire swap.

No matter what side you are on though, it's good to be completely transparent as possible to avoid any kind of miscommunication. Sometimes when you don't consider tires as a mod people can take advantage of the ambiguity.

Just some of my .02 on the matter.

Those poor tire choices are sometimes due to budgeting or contracts with the tire manufacturer. So you bought the car because it is what you could afford and it was affordable partly because of the tires they used along with all of the other parts they used and didn't use. If you need better performance because the stock tires are insufficient then you have to modify it with better tires to increase the factory performance. No matter which way you twist it you still had to mod the car. If an intake or exhaust nets you 3-5 tenths off your quarter mile and so does a DR then why would those mechanical parts be considered a mod but the tire isn't? Both are accomplishing the same task by different means, but both are a modification from stock.

Users who are viewing this thread