Haven't seen Evan's 2018 GT bone stock A10 pass posted yet?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Is 11.8 a10 really on stock everything? That means stock tires too.

Tired of people saying 100% stock w/DRs. That’s not stock genius. LOL

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That is frickin insane. 25 mph back half naturally aspirated.

Its the time of year these hero runs are going to be all over the place.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Is 11.8 a10 really on stock everything? That means stock tires too.

Tired of people saying 100% stock w/DRs. That’s not stock genius. LOL
Evan Smith ISN'T gonna sandbag and say 100% stock if it wasn't AND what are you talking about DR's? He left close to idle speed.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Evan Smith ISN'T gonna sandbag and say 100% stock if it wasn't AND what are you talking about DR's? He left close to idle speed.
I spaced my comments pretty clearly, also didnt insinuate Evan was running DRs. I asked if his run was 100% stock. Then Commented about all these stock runs with “w/[insert tire here]” titles.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I always thought stock meant "Unopened" Motor. I guess it probably doesn't mean that anymore either but I wasn't aware tire choice now meant your car is no longer stock.

tires get swapped out all the time for change of seasons so I really can't wrap my head around tire choice meaning my car is no longer stock.

so what about snow tires? does that mean my car is no longer stock cause I live in the Northeast and swap my tires out for better traction?

and in the summer I put the tires the grip the best on which are street legal and when doing so my car is no longer stock?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I always thought stock meant "Unopened" Motor. I guess it probably doesn't mean that anymore either but I wasn't aware tire choice now meant your car is no longer stock.

tires get swapped out all the time for change of seasons so I really can't wrap my head around tire choice meaning my car is no longer stock.

so what about snow tires? does that mean my car is no longer stock cause I live in the Northeast and swap my tires out for better traction?

and in the summer I put the tires the grip the best on which are street legal and when doing so my car is no longer stock?
Drag radials are mostly what makes your car not stock, but if you go from a Goodyear to a Michelin and pick up .3 seconds off your time then that is an upgrade. Any upgrade would indicate it's no longer stock. I dont see why that is so hard to define?

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Never_Enough

Established Member

I've always considered any go fast mods as not stock. A better tire makes you go faster so that's a mod IMO

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Drag radials are mostly what makes your car not stock, but if you go from a Goodyear to a Michelin and pick up .3 seconds off your time then that is an upgrade. Any upgrade would indicate it's no longer stock. I dont see why that is so hard to define?
Because they are retarded.

Anytime a mod is added to increase performance whether its power or grip, it is no longer stock. If your mustang came with shitty pirelli pzeros and you swap it out with Cup2's (from the GT350R) then your car is no longer stock.
This is like me bragging about a really quick 0-60 and saying my car is 100% stock when I know I have better tires, better summer tires for better grip right?
LOL, not BAWN STAWK BRAH!

Brutal, didnt mean to clutter your thread but Evan is like the best Mustang driver, Hero runs is what he does. I forgot who GM has driving their Corvettes to do those hero runs as well. Minus the hero runs, what would be driver mod times for the '18 GT's?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
119 trap time out of a stock GT(power level anyways) is impressive.

May just "settle" for a GT next go around.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Because they are retarded.

Anytime a mod is added to increase performance whether its power or grip, it is no longer stock. If your mustang came with shitty pirelli pzeros and you swap it out with Cup2's (from the GT350R) then your car is no longer stock.
This is like me bragging about a really quick 0-60 and saying my car is 100% stock when I know I have better tires, better summer tires for better grip right?
LOL, not BAWN STAWK BRAH!

Brutal, didnt mean to clutter your thread but Evan is like the best Mustang driver, Hero runs is what he does. I forgot who GM has driving their Corvettes to do those hero runs as well. Minus the hero runs, what would be driver mod times for the '18 GT's?

Are you thinking of "Ranger" for the Corvette crowd? That's the only person who comes to mind for me.

Never_Enough

Established Member
119 trap time out of a stock GT(power level anyways) is impressive.

May just "settle" for a GT next go around.
If only the Mustang GT & Camaro SS were not so damn common. That is what keeps it off my list.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Anybody who will not buy a vehicle based on exclusivity alone is an idiot. You have more than earned that title.
I'm an idiot because I don't want my toy to be something that I see 27 off on a daily basis? I'm allowed to buy what I like for reasons I want. I'm also happy being an idiot in your eyes then, sir. Good day.

I didn't say that people that buy them are wrong for doing so. You know I've owned several Mustangs & F-Bodies, right?

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in the group that doesn't consider a DR violating what I would consider stock. Of course I have seen people get a little nutty with track claw before too. The engine and drive train is stock and with DR's (or in this case stock rubber) capable of a sub 12 second run?...bravo

I'm old though, and remember when a 12 second street car was fast.

E

Users who are viewing this thread