Have you sold your high-powered vehicle for a fuel efficient one?

Have you sold your high-powered vehicle for a fuel efficient one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dorky LS1 chick

still lurking...
Established Member
+1, despite the rising fuel prices we bought a Lightning, our worst on mileage yet. The Mustang gets 16/25, the 99 Camaro gets 16/27, the Civic gets 26 regardless, and the L gets something like 12/18. Oh, and the 69 Camaro can pull 30 on the highway :banana:

Do you commute to/from work?

I can see gas being a real problem if you commute 20+ miles 1 way. :shrug: Luckily it's only 8 miles 1 way for me.

karlton banks

Established Member
For everybody that wants to go "Green" thank you.:loser: I'm glad you want to save gas for be to burn up.:dancenana::dancenana: My car will never leave me!!:burnout:

=04 Cobra Nut=

Crazy Construction Guy
Established Member
Sell?? Never! My 97 PSD is sitting in the driveway though, and I did just get a Mazda 3. I'm averaging about 35 mpg, and got over 40 mpg on a little 450 mile highway trip just this past weekend.

Don't know about you guys, but if you keep your foot outta the gas the mileage is better!

I didn't buy the cobra to worry about miles per gallon. I bought it for the shit eating grin I get driving it!

Dave

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I sold mine, but only because I couldn't afford it AND school.... Within the next year or so, I'm getting another Mach. Or maybe a Cobra....

Spyderman25

Established Member
I guess i'm not surprised with the outcome of this poll haha.... nyce to see that most peeps are dedicating themselves to their rides :thumbsup:

anyone else?

mcaligiuri

Established Member
took my old 95 v6 mustang converted it into a 5.0 and less than 1,000 miles later sold it to buy a jeep. i still have a cobra though, much better to have something not stick in the bumper to bumper commute to work.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
That's terrible. And i see that you're in norcal which makes it even more depressing :(

not even, like an hour from you depending what parts of the bay you are in. However bad traffic is getting here, its doubly worse in the bay. and yes, i just said doubly.

i'm actually looking for a gas guzzling cobra, i miss the whine too muh to care about gas prices

See my sig......:-D

DesertMach

Established Member
Nope, Haven't sold it, and don't plan to.... However I have started driving the wife's 4 banger a bit more.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
anyone that sells their current car for a new one becuase of gas prices is a freakin idiot. Do the math. Keep what you have and buy a piece of shit 4 banger that gets 30-40 mpg.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Do you commute to/from work?

I can see gas being a real problem if you commute 20+ miles 1 way. :shrug: Luckily it's only 8 miles 1 way for me.

I work a mile away and school is maybe 1.5 miles. However, the house we just signed a lease on in Houston is about 12 miles from Will's work, so the gas bill will go up a bit. When we were in San Antonio working for Toyota the commute was 25 miles each way, but the times we worked we avoided most traffic and the route was almost all highway, so I think I averaged 20-22 in the Mustang. Long story short, gas prices aren't affecting our driving or the vehicles we drive. If anything, we'll be getting another V8 in the next year or so...a Vette, if Will has any say in it...

HotRodK

Gone to the Dark Side
Established Member
The SRT8 is my wifes DD and it gets in the 16-17mpg range here in town on her commute. Unless we get a Honduh or some other gutless wonder, I dont think we are going to do much better than that with any full size vehicle. It gets just a touch over 20mpg on the highway, so it could do better there, but it is what it is...
We're up to about $70 (fill-up) every 10 days in it. So its not killing us just yet.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
I have a company paid work truck which comes home with me so I can't really complain.
The Mustang gets around 13mpg city and 21mpg highway but our current gas prices are much higher in Canada.
Today 94 Octane is selling for $1.63/L or $6.16/US gal.
I put $100.00 - 150.00 a week in the mustang for pleasure driving depending on how many trips to the track I make.
My car doesn't go out in the winter so I'm already saving 4-5 months worth of gas anyway.
Besides if I really wanted to save fuel I would drive my CRX-Si which has just been sitting collecting dust.

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
I will be selling my 03 soon.

But not becasue of gas prices. But because we are having our 3rd child. I will drive our bad ass 8" lifted, cummins powered, banks enhanced 2500 as a DD. The wife will get something different to drive as the truck is her DD. I will also be building a car for the track to keep that fix going.

VPF

Users who are viewing this thread