Have you sold your high-powered vehicle for a fuel efficient one?

Have you sold your high-powered vehicle for a fuel efficient one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spyderman25

Established Member
With fuel prices going up, I just want to see what most of you are doing in terms of transportation. Those of you who went this route, what ride did you come out of? what ride did you move into?

What are the rest of you daily driving if you aren't DDing your HP rides?

Sorry if there is a similar thread.

Last edited:

caliboy08

Established Member
i haven't sold either of my mustangs yet and i don't plan to.... i like the v8 rumble:rockon::burnout: my dd is the 93 fox, and im building a motor for the cobra currently!

THE_STIG

Established Member
I am selling the cobra and picking up a GT, I hate premium gas prices more than regualr gas prices.

rubber duck

Established Member
I sold my 03 CTS and picked up an 06 trailblazer SS to go along with my cobra, by a hybrid I need your gas, give it all to me muahahahaha. :mj:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
My cobra is for sale, i plan on getting something shitty, like a Corolla or RSX that sips on fuel and nobody looks at, and i pay under $200/mo for. at this point, i drive the cobra to work and back, traffic sucks so bad i couldnt use 450whp if i wanted to, so i have no use nor need for it and its payment.

Spyderman25

Established Member
My cobra is for sale, i plan on getting something shitty, like a Corolla or RSX that sips on fuel and nobody looks at, and i pay under $200/mo for. at this point, i drive the cobra to work and back, traffic sucks so bad i couldnt use 450whp if i wanted to, so i have no use nor need for it and its payment.

That's terrible. And i see that you're in norcal which makes it even more depressing :(

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
I traded in my 03 F350 6.0L Dually for my current 08 F250 SRW 6.4L.... Does that count? :D and my 47 Gal aftermarket fuel tank will be delivered next week :banana: 13mpg and only a 28 gal tank is a pain.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
I am selling the cobra and picking up a GT, I hate premium gas prices more than regualr gas prices.

I'd pay 20 more cents a gallon to drive a cobra over a gt, but thats just me. If you really think about it its not going to save ya much.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I'd pay 20 more cents a gallon to drive a cobra over a gt, but thats just me. If you really think about it its not going to save ya much.

+1. The cobra will stay. I'm getting rid of my 84 GT soon. Thinking about getting a motorcycle. Ah hell, it'll never happen, the money from the GT will go right into the cobra :rockon: My cobra is my DD and will continue to be. I'm giving serious thought into getting a chip so that my gas mileage will get better. Some of you guys with tunes are actually doing pretty well. Anything over 20 on the road will be perfect for me...getting about 15 street/18hwy, right now.

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
I sold my 2003 Mustang Mach1 Black on Black for a 2008 Mazda 3, Thinking how great it would be to have all that extra money that I would save in gas. Well THE MAZDA SUCKED ASS!!! I ended up wrecking the f#cker 4 months later, first crash EVER! After that I decided I would move to a new area and finish college, well I needed AWD so I bought a G35X and I love the dam thing. I never thought I would enjoy a luxury car and I was wrong now I need to find a car with luxury and 500hp to bad anything like that is way out of my price range. Its all good though, I love my g35 but dont get me wrong, not a day goes by that I dont think to myself...."Wtf were you thinking selling that Mach1" everyday that goes through my head but now that I own an infiniti, I will probably buy another one when the time comes. Until Ford makes a mustang with 500hp and decent price.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Nope, i never will. Hell, the only reason my car is up for sale now, is because i came across another WS.6 i want in a bad way. Its a stalled, and geared auto, so mileage may go down a little, but i drive my car back and forth to work, for a grand total of 12 miles a day.

PDubs

Established Member
I sold my 2003 Mustang Mach1 Black on Black for a 2008 Mazda 3, Thinking how great it would be to have all that extra money that I would save in gas. Well THE MAZDA SUCKED ASS!!!
Funny, I thought about doing the same thing until everyone on the Mazda boards starting complaining about the crappy gas mileage the 3's have. That and the fact that my Cobra is paid for, why the hell would I want another car payment now? I already have one in gas alone. It was nice when there was only a $.05 difference between the octanes. Now its like $.15 in some places. So even if a DD is considered, it better run on freakin 84.

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
Funny, I thought about doing the same thing until everyone on the Mazda boards starting complaining about the crappy gas mileage the 3's have. That and the fact that my Cobra is paid for, why the hell would I want another car payment now? I already have one in gas alone. It was nice when there was only a $.05 difference between the octanes. Now its like $.15 in some places. So even if a DD is considered, it better run on freakin 84.

Yah, the Mazda 3 is way off on what they claim on MPG. I will never own a mazda agian. EVER. The crash was hard enough that the back window blew out, yet the side impact airbags didnt blow. When I contacted mazda they told me S.O.L so I told them S.O.L for you Im not buying another Mazda and I didnt, couldnt be happier with my G35x. AWD kicks ass, I just love when the car looses traction and the awd kicks in.... pure sex machine...

drex

Off The Line
Established Member
Yea I got rid of the L, due to wife nagging me about gas, but I have 35 mile trip 1 way to work. Driving a slobalt now, what a down grade, good on gas but sloow as hell. Saving up to get another L for weekend fun, and DD the slobalt.

x_man586

Going to UTI
Established Member
I haven't and will not, but I did buy a bike. The money I save by not driving the Lightning makes the bike payment.

Users who are viewing this thread