Have you sold your high-powered vehicle for a fuel efficient one?

Have you sold your high-powered vehicle for a fuel efficient one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I gave my parents my 94 s-10 (17/20) and bought my car (18/24). So I gained hundreds of rwhp and get better mileage. Sadly I'm taking my truck with me when I move to NoVA in two weeks and letting the mustang stay in PA for awhile.

ssssnake

Established Member
Just bought a new GT. Premium fuel did make a decision for me. I almost bought the Boss 302, but I decided to be senisble.

cobraracer46

Banned
I bicycle commute to work and just about every trip to the store and the supermarket is also by bicycle and I have been doing it this way for over 5 years. at one point, I was riding over 180 miles a week on the bicycle just getting to and from work so For quite a while, fuel prices have had a very small effect on my budget. I have no plans for selling my cobra that I enjoy driving once a week.:burnout:

Mr_Thug

[EFN SIC]
Established Member
I DD my 07 GSXR not only for the gas but putting miles on a Terminator is dis-heartening. We bought my wife the 08 Jetta because she didnt like her Scion tC. And surprisingly it gets decent mileage. Even with the 19" Moda MD1 set up I put on there. I'd never get rid of my Cobra, I'll start selling my kidneys before that ever happens!

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member
Have a Grand Marquis for daily commute to work (22 miles round trip) and use the Cobra for any long commutes (Gets better highway gas mileage and I get to take it with me :) )

Might get rid of the Grand Marquis, it recently hit 100k miles.

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
I had a Lincoln LS V8 that required 91+ octane so yea it was a gas guzzler compared to what I own now. The V8 obviously had more power/torque and I gave that up for a 4cylinder econo-box. Now I own something that is cheap on gas, reliable, not worried about getting from A to B with a 100K mile warranty. Nothing to impress anybody and I think it's hard to believe on the poll only a couple others answered Yes.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
My employer provides a take-home vehicle so it isn't really an issue. Even then it is only 14 mi round trip, so it still wouldn't be an issue.

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
i never want to sell the cobra, a week after i bought it i also got a $900 taurus that gets 23-25 mpg. It's the most fuel efficient car i have owned LOL.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
i sold my '95 Lightning 500hp and 8/9mpg for a '06 RR 105hp and 45mpg
never look back, i have way more fun on the bike. less maintainence, better mpg and faster. couldnt be happier

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I put 30-35k a year on my dd accord, the Cobra is just for fun. But I've been looking at civics though because I'm paying out alot in gas just to run the Accord (well alot to a college student). It would nice to be getting 34mpg in a civic instead of the 27 I get with the accord.

203Cree

Established Member
I sold my L for a couple reasons, gas prices and a declining market being the two biggest. I didn't really drive it much there twards the end of it, and when I did the fun wasn't there anymore thanks to the nagging thoughts of having to top it back off after 250 measly miles. Got rid of it and got the Harley in my sig. Pretty happy with my choice thus far. It's cheaper to own all around and cheaper to operate as well. I'm looking for something to pick up as a rat rod project, but that could be awhile. I'm happy for the time being anyway........

Rochard

Established Member
I like my car. I see a day coming when most of the cars will be electric and that's fine. I'll keep my Cobra and drive it every few months just to remember the way things were.

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
own a 427R Roush, took to road course ( Pocono), spent 2.5 hrs of track time, burned 16 gallons of 100 octane race gas @ only $6.25 a gallon, I will not sell or trade it, way too much fun...living life everyday

CSD

Banned
Yes, traded in my 2003 Mach 1 for a 2007 Honda Accord.

Hopefully this time next year prices will be lower and I'll be in an SVT as my dd.

Common

Established Member
Yes, traded in my 2003 Mach 1 for a 2007 Honda Accord.

Hopefully this time next year prices will be lower and I'll be in an SVT as my dd.

ONLY SVT that would ever be my DD in NJ is a lightning.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I told my wife that if gas kept going up I might have to buy something that got better milage. A C6

kyle67camaro

Established Member
Gas is not going to do anything up go up, so that means I am going to play as much as I can while its as cheap as it is even though its not cheap at all:smmon:

Users who are viewing this thread