Have you sold your high-powered vehicle for a fuel efficient one?

Have you sold your high-powered vehicle for a fuel efficient one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlueVenom281

Lurking
Established Member
Sold my Cobra for an Accord V6 coupe.....I drive 110 miles round trip a day for work, and did not want to put the miles on the Cobra, nor pay to fill up the tank every 2 days. The Accord isn't bad, I get about 30mpg consistently.....but I'd much rather be driving something with muscle.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I've been all over craigslist looking for a good dd. For $2-3K, you can take your pick of dozens of mid to late '90s Civics, Corollas, Sentras, Accords, etc. I have a '98 blazer right now as a dd/tow vehicle, but I might add a cheap 30mpg+ dd to the mix.

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
something like that..bought my 94 convertible to tool around in. Kept the miles off the cobra, runs great on 87, parts are cheaper, etc..

sellin my cobra cause I lost my job, and i don't really have a proper spot to keep her.

sonblue03

"non SVT owning loser"
Established Member
I just sold my Ram quad cab 4x4 hemi for an Accord V6...great move so far, I didnt really need the ram much being my wife also has a 4x4 explorer, the V6 has some decent pick up, but I still have my fun car...

THE_STIG

Established Member
I'd pay 20 more cents a gallon to drive a cobra over a gt, but thats just me. If you really think about it its not going to save ya much.

Well I am also doing it to cut down on insurance payments 20 years old, Cobra Convertible = Much more than a GT Coupe. Too tell you the truth though, I don't need that much power, I can afford to downgrade and still stay in the top ring. All the guys around me are civics and VW hatchs.

Sublimize23

Established Member
Nope, don't plan to. I DD a '98 Jeep Cherokee, doesn't get good gas mileage either but at least it's miles off the GT.

edit - Although if gas does hit north of $5 a gallon, I think I'd reconsider both vehicles :(

Last edited:

gtmustang88

Established Member
I sold my 88 gt because I didn't drive it much and because of the declining market for v8 cars. Figure I would get rid of it while I can, but I do miss the power it had. I still have my 00 as a daily driver though.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I'm going to list my Cobra up for trade as soon as I clean it up and get some new pics. Not so much because of gas prices though. I just need/want a break from Mustangs and cars in general. I'm looking to trade it for a bike of some sort.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
05 PSD CC F-350 here for a DD lol. Actually I have it up to 24 mpg on the highway with just a custom SCT tune and a cold air kit. Thats driving it like I have an egg under my foot. Turbo back 5" kit next should net me a little better but need for towing the cars with the aggressive tune to keep the EGTs down.

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
I don't plan on selling, but they just sit in my garage while I drive my gas mileage car.

spike_africa

Established Member
I wont sell mine there is no need to. If i sold it to get say something with better mileage thats still quick and fun to drive it will cost me more to do that unless I keep it and drive it for 5-6 years then to just keep my mustang and drive it. I also have a motorcycle too which helps alot.

CSD

Banned
ONLY SVT that would ever be my DD in NJ is a lightning.

For the auto I presume, NJ traffic does suck I agree with you there Mike. If it wasn't for my job and my ailing mother, I would move. This state is beyond over populated, especially in Middlesex, Union, and Essex counties.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Sell? HAH. I'm buying another one.

+1, despite the rising fuel prices we bought a Lightning, our worst on mileage yet. The Mustang gets 16/25, the 99 Camaro gets 16/27, the Civic gets 26 regardless, and the L gets something like 12/18. Oh, and the 69 Camaro can pull 30 on the highway :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread