Has anyone ever paint matched the 10-12 sideskirts?

Swine

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone knew of any pictures where someone tried paint matching the OEM side skirts on their 10-12 mustang.

If so can you please share?

KonaFifty

Established Member
there are a few out there with paint matched side skirts. too lazy to look for them tho. not sure if they bought 13+ skirts and paint matched or had the shop sand the textured one down to smooth, then painted that though.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I had the option for painted everything and I bought a 12. Im not a fan by any means but thats my opinion

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
there is a dude in the california section selling some GT500 side skirts which are paint matched. be much easier to do than smoothing out the stock GT units. i think he wants like 250 for them.

i like mine black it breaks up the color

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
scraped my drivers side rocker panel on a curb the other night, just artificial scraps, but going to sand both sides down and paint them. Was planning too anyway, so...yay for having too :D.

Thought about paint matching, but also had a few other colors in mind :pepper:

Last edited:

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i rather have black plastic. it makes the car look huge when its all one color. Plus it looks like shit once it is sand blasted from the tires.

Swine

Established Member
I've seen a few paint matched. The sides look fine, but once the rear black plastic gets painted it looks awful imo.

My 12' RR GT Build Thread. Finally. - Ford Mustang Forums

Yeah, one of things holding me back was the concern that it wouldnt look quite right without painting some of the rear bumper trim to continue the new paint lines

I am intrigued by that guys cs front valence. I think it would look pretty good with a unpainted boss splitter as well..

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
IMG_0886_zps0e9e92ad.jpg

This '12 looks 10000000000000000000000000000000000x's better painted!

Carbon Driven

Established Member
My 09 Shelby has oem GT matched side skirts and I love the look. The plastic just looks cheap imo and fades, sorry don't want to offend those that like the plastic but its just for me. I'll be painting my rear bumper plastic to match soon too.

I do have a set of 2013 GT500 Ingot Silver oem side skirts for sale if anyone is interested.

mfc133

Established Member
If you do paint them make sure you've got front and rear splashguards on. Road debris will tear them up, I realized this too late on my '13.

stang910

Established Member
If you do paint them make sure you've got front and rear splashguards on. Road debris will tear them up, I realized this too late on my '13.

I never had any issues like this on my 07. Not sure why it would be any different on the 10+ cars.

Users who are viewing this thread