has anyone done the seafome thing?

chuckstang

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
That pic is of a 2 valve and not close to ours at all. ours is at the rear of the drives side valve cover right next to the master cyl.
Yup, lol, I could tell that was not a pic of our beautiful valve covers

svtmc-g

Established Member
I know a guy who has done it every oil change..well..in a truck...and at 250k miles...a mechanic thought his motor was aftermarket/replacement!. I'll still only do every once in a while.

HEY BK24...hahahahaha....good one man..rotflmao

blackfang

Established Member
chuckstang said:
I dont think Ill be doing this anymore because although the smoke was whiteish in color, the black suit all over the ground from my exhaust tips got me thinking how bad that must be for the cats. Also I could never get it to suck up the entire bottle and not to mention I noticed 0 performance gain after driving for a few days.
Sometimes, that is normally the unburnt carbon that has been in the sytem.
Second, you do not use the entire can. It specifically states 1/3 of it using through the PCV system,as it can eventually burn the pistons if you use it too often and too much of it.

chuckstang said:
I dont think this is something that you should do every oil change though
No it isn't as it will wear down the injector linings and what not. I clean my injectors twice a year and thats it. I wont even use fuel injector cleaner as many contain alcohol which have caused injectors to go bad as it eats the lining in them. Plus the fact it does jack crap for the car as it is diluted before it even hits the regulator, let alone injectors.

chuckstang said:
lol, ya Ill stick with my stp injector cleaner I think
Worst product out there. See above for why.

MineralGrey

Established Member
SEAFOAM RULES I USED it andf notice a huge difference and my car only has 47000 on it seafoam is the shit in my book

chuckstang

Established Member
blackfang said:
Sometimes, that is normally the unburnt carbon that has been in the sytem.
Second, you do not use the entire can. It specifically states 1/3 of it using through the PCV system,as it can eventually burn the pistons if you use it too often and too much of it.

No it isn't as it will wear down the injector linings and what not. I clean my injectors twice a year and thats it. I wont even use fuel injector cleaner as many contain alcohol which have caused injectors to go bad as it eats the lining in them. Plus the fact it does jack crap for the car as it is diluted before it even hits the regulator, let alone injectors.

Worst product out there. See above for why.
How do you clean your injectors? I did not know that about the STP stuff. Is dry gas bad too use as well, I use that in winter because I do not drive my car often, and it also mentions it rids the system of moisture which I would think is a good thing??
thanks

blackfang

Established Member
Using seafoam through the pcv and through the fuel lines(I normally do this when I have very little gas in the tank, and that will help clean them up. Sometimes if that doesnt work, you can have the rails themself cleaned, but I recommend that be done by a technician.

svtmc-g

Established Member
quote: No it isn't as it will wear down the injector linings and what not. I clean my injectors twice a year and thats it. I wont even use fuel injector cleaner as many contain alcohol which have caused injectors to go bad as it eats the lining in them. Plus the fact it does jack crap for the car as it is diluted before it even hits the regulator, let alone injectors.

I mean IN the oil. It totally de-gunks your motor. I do it every once in a blue moon the day of the oil change. Let it run through during a couple errands(like going to get the new oil filter and or oil)won't hurt a thing. See above statment about guys truck motor. It get's ALOT the crap out of your motor. Hell...find a greasy ass old motor and pour a very small amount on a caked up area....quite impressive. word
Mc-G

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I just used seafoam this weekend as was very impressed with it. I sucked half a can through and cleaned it out then went back and sucked the rest through. It made a huge difference. My car had been very sluggish and would hardly spin the tires from a slow 1st gear roll. After the seafoam I mashed it from about 10 mph and the car spun so hard it was all over the road. It also idles smoother and pulls alot harder throughout all the gears. Definitely worth the $5.

It does say on the can to use it every 2k to 5k miles. I'm not sure I'll use it that often but I may run some through the oil before I change it next.

slick4_6

Established Member
Just did mine today. Seemed to help. The smoke show was worth the 5 dollars for a can. You couldn't even see my house from the road. The fire department even came out. I heard the firetruck coming up the road, only live about 2 miles from the fire department. Thank goodness the wind was blowing pretty hard today. By the time they came out the smoke was gone. They drove right by the house, sirens blaring, then a few minutes later drove back by without the sirens. I like to think it was for me anyway.

jlauth

Established Member
so do i disconnect the line from the valve cover and then stick the tube in to the can and let it suck the can dry? i also do this while the car is running right? then do i shut the car off or just wait like 5 or ten then take it on a drive and enjoy the show, or suck it up while running let it sit then take it on a drive and kinda get on it.

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
So would this seafoam thing be a good thing for us Supercharged guys to do to our engines? Specifically 03/03 Cobra owners?

Thanks in advance,

THC

GREENMAN80

Established Member
I think I am going to try the seafoam before I do my blower swap. I saw the way that the intake and intercooler get when you don't run an oil seperator and it wasn't pretty. Hopefully using the seafoam will cleanout a lot of the gunk that is built up in there. I have used this stuff in every car that I have had, with excellent results.
M

TheHolyCobra

Widened 10th Wheel Guy...
Established Member
GREENMAN80 said:
I think I am going to try the seafoam before I do my blower swap. I saw the way that the intake and intercooler get when you don't run an oil seperator and it wasn't pretty. Hopefully using the seafoam will cleanout a lot of the gunk that is built up in there. I have used this stuff in every car that I have had, with excellent results.
M

Let me know when you do it and where you actually put the stuff. Let me know how it goes and any tips/tricks that would help me out. I want somebody else to be the guniea pig before I do anything like this to my car :coolman: ..................J/K :D

Thanks in advance,

THC

Users who are viewing this thread