has anyone done the seafome thing?

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
i read about this in the sn95 forum and found it pretty interesting. just wondering if any new edgers tried it out. also if there are any side effects to doing it

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
so did u just slip in the pcv hose on the right hand side of the motor into the intake manifold? is it worth it? my car runs great but if it helps then ill give it a shot. i read someone with 70 k miles did it to their cobra and said it felt like it gained 20 hp :shrug:

kaos

Established Member
Yes, that how I did it. I acutually poured about half of the can into another container then let my intake slurp a little at a time and then poured the other half into the gas tank. I was afraid of putting some into the oil because I don't understand how that stuff works.

I don't know if it helps, but I have also read great stuff about it and I hadn't read anything negative about it. I figured if our intakes get oil in them then maybe this should help. :shrug:

I'm hoping more people chime. When I did research it seemed like it was just the same small group of guys saying it was good to do.

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
So you put it through the intake to clean the oil out?

I've been running breathers for about two months (or more) and I still get the crank-up puff. More or less depending on how hot she is and how hard I rode her.
Just now I was in DQ's drive-thru and shut it down because someone was taking forever. I cranked it back up and this big puff of lingering white smoke came bellowing out and a damn 05 stang was right behind me. How embarrassing...

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
I put Seafoam in my 93 Cherokee. It quieted the valvetrain down and smoothed out the idle. I have another can for my 99, but it will have to wait until the car has a transmission instead of a big empty hole.

trents99

99cbra was my hero
Established Member
I did this back in February so I'll post what my results were from the SVTOA board:

Just thought I'd share results. I used it today 1/3 in the intake, 1/3 in the crankcase, and 1/3 in the gas. Found that the vaccum line that goes into the driver side valve cover provides ample draw to suck that stuff down. It has a 90 degree bend and can rotate up allowing you to pour it in the line without spilling any.

It took and extra few turns to crank but to my surprise did not smoke one bit. I took it for a spirited drive and got some detenation when I hammered it in third gear the first time through but none after that.

My idle did smooth out a little, it used to jump up and down about 50 rpms. The best thing though is it seems like it helped most in throttle response. Lately driving this thing has been like driving with a slipping automatic tranny. When shifting gears it would take a split second before the throttle kicked in as I released the clutch making for a kinda "Hi I just learned how to drive a stick" feeling. It is much, much better now so I think it was $5 well spent.

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
ive read that people only suck the whole can down the intake.
check the how to do in the sn95 forum. its the third post from the top.
because i was bored tonight heres the link - clicky

Last edited:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Sea foam works.

Its also a good idea to do it as part of a tune up, run it through then change your oil/filter and spark plugs as well. 2881

cobraracer46

Banned
This stuff looks alot like the can of combustion chamber cleaner GM and ford sell with the diffrence being that the ford and gm cleaner is way too strong to dump into any thing but the intake tract. GM calls it top engine cleaner. Ford sells it as well under the motor craft lable and calls it tune up cleaner if I remember right. Basically the same thing. The Ford and GM products are ment as a combustion chamber and intake cleaner and the directions on the can state that the user is not to dump the product in to the gas tank or into the oil crank case.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread