has anyone done the seafome thing?

lemosley01

Right Wing Conspirator
Established Member
RedneckBMXer24 said:
well i have cats on mine, not everybody does.

cory

That is a possible concern. I had thought about it, but since I'm catless, it doesn't affect me.

It shouldn't be blowing out big chunks of carbon or anything.

You could always pull your midpipe off and drive it like that.

(j/K)

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Hasn't hurt mine and you'd figure with my mileage I'd risk "blowing chunks".

Didn't do anything but improve the car. Go for it.

chuckstang

Established Member
I was worried about the same thing, that it could harm the cats. I noticed much better throttle response and the engine seems to rev quicker but I am noticing a faint whistling or chirping type noise comeing from the engine and it sounds like an exhaust leak. I dont know if this is just coincidence but it does concern me a bit.
Has anyone tried pouring this stuff directly into their oil and gas tank????
My smoke show only lasted through first and second gear but it was cool while it lasted lol

chuckstang

Established Member
I dont think Ill be doing this anymore because although the smoke was whiteish in color, the black suit all over the ground from my exhaust tips got me thinking how bad that must be for the cats. Also I could never get it to suck up the entire bottle and not to mention I noticed 0 performance gain after driving for a few days.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
tried the sea foam .. seems like my gas peddle got alot weaker?? feels like i lost 1-5 horses doing this .. maybe im wrong .. but i wasnt much impressed ..

svtmc-g

Established Member
I've done the seafoam in my oil and my fuel....but I just did it through the pcv and HOLY SHITE....my car just came alive. It's runs much smoother and revs alot faster, and as you all have said, the smoke cloud just makes you laugh!!!
The entire contents of the bottle were sucked up in seconds.. It was kinda hard to get the plactic tube in there. I had to bend it a tad bit but it returned to normal shape. I have cats and had no trouble.. The cats will be gone this coming spring anyway....every car is different I guess...
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread