Harley Guys

hdff

Dude, I got my Vstar 650 new for 5500 out the door. It is my first bike. It is not quick, but it looks damn good. I was looking for something that looked good but wasn't too much too learn on. I like Harley's, but the metric bikes are definitely more bang for your buck. You don't start getting things like hidden shocks on Harley's until you get a soft tail. My $5500 650 has one. There are three Sporties where I work, and to be honest, when sitting next to my Yamaha, they don't look like they should cost a couple grand more. You REALLY pay for the name on a Harley

#1.. you get what you pay for

#2.. if i have to explain you wouldn't understand

harley rider for life.......HarleyDavidsonFF :beer:

MR.SCOOPINATOR

Established Member
i personally like both bikes, i just preffer the the import bikes, but the way i got a infraction for saying jap in here awhile back , is ok to say it now or what ????

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
I'm looking at getting a 1200 Sportster. I've talked to some other guys who ride Harleys and say that I'll get tired of the Sportster real quick. It'll be my first bike, but I was just wondering your guys' opinion on the subject.

I'd say get something else for a first bike. Something cheap that won't break the bank and won't make you cry if you tip it over. I'd recommend looking for a Kawasaki Ninja 250 or 500 or a Suzuki GS500. You can find them all day on craigslist for under $1500.

Once you get some experience under your belt, you can start looking for something nice. Personally, I love the look of the Nightster.

1-hd-nightster-3-4-0092f.jpg

I'd really like to see them bring the XR1200 to the US, though.

lg+harley_davidson_xr1200_sportster_prototype+right_rear.jpg

xr1200new3.jpg

ASUSMC

Oh Hi!!!
Established Member
#1.. you get what you pay for

#2.. if i have to explain you wouldn't understand

harley rider for life.......HarleyDavidsonFF :beer:

#1: Thats exactly what he was saying. You PAY for the Harley name.
#2: If you have ridden a metric bike you would probably understand.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
The V-Rod is the absolute only Harley I would consider, harley's are just huge underperformers with no refinement. I don't want to be rattled apart while riding, but the V-Rod actually has some technology and refinement and is a sweet looking bike. Are you sure you wanna be cleaning up the oil puddle underneath your harley all the time?

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
#1: Thats exactly what he was saying. You PAY for the Harley name.
#2: If you have ridden a metric bike you would probably understand.

And for many people that Harley name and the experience that goes with it are worth paying for. :) A Harley bike might not be the most refined bike on the market, but it has character and soul. It isn't just about numbers. I have a GSX-R 750 and a Buell Ulysses. The GSX-R outperforms the Buell in every way and cost me much less, but I just can't bring myself to care about it. It has no soul, and I have no emotional attachment to it at all.

Beyond the bike itself, HD also has a huge community of riders, and belonging to it is part of what makes owning the motorcycle special.

203Cree

Established Member
I love my 1200. If you're going solo, and don't care about being bare bones, the Sporty is where it's at, as long as it fits your body type. If you're very tall, you'll want a 1200C with the forwards.

Anyone that says it's a girls bike, they're either tired of looking at my tailights when they're sitting on their road couches, or they're too fat to get on their own Sporty anymore.

Here's my N....

CopyofPictureorVideo007.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread