Hang on to your lawn machines

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
From all the reviews I've read about ICE mowers, weed trimmers, snowblowers, etc, it "appears" that fuel with ethanol is the cause of most problems. Start out using ethanol-free fuel, and you're good to go.

The problem I ran into on my 2 yo Cub Cadet mower early last summer was a clogged fuel filter. I've never, ever, had that issue before.

It uncharacteristically sputtered twice during previous mowing. The next time, it just quit after running for half hour.

I removed the bowl, cleaned the jets best I could, then found and replaced the fuel filter.

Short story, for some reason, Cub Cadet utilizes this tiny, in-tank fuel filter (it gets shoved inside the fuel tank from the exit hose side):

IMG_8065.jpeg

I read where several guys removed this in-tank fuel filter,
and replaced it with a larger, in-line filter like this. They just cut the line and installed it with a couple clamps:

IMG_8066.jpeg

^I gotta do this.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
From all the reviews I've read about ICE mowers, weed trimmers, snowblowers, etc, it "appears" that fuel with ethanol is the cause of most problems. Start out using ethanol-free fuel, and you're good to go.

The problem I ran into on my 2 yo Cub Cadet mower early last summer was a clogged fuel filter. I've never, ever, had that issue before.

It uncharacteristically sputtered twice during previous mowing. The next time, it just quit after running for half hour.

I removed the bowl, cleaned the jets best I could, then found and replaced the fuel filter.

Short story, for some reason, Cub Cadet utilizes this tiny, in-tank fuel filter (it gets shoved inside the fuel tank from the exit hose side):

View attachment 1804748

I read where several guys removed this in-tank fuel filter,
and replaced it with a larger, in-line filter like this. They just cut the line and installed it with a couple clamps:

View attachment 1804749

^I gotta do this.
Mine 2019 CC has that external filter. Good info though.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My neighbor has battery powered leaf blower. His wife does the yard work.

I have a little 20V Dewalt one just for blowing off the front door area any blowing water out of crevasses after washing a car (to avoid streaks). It's great for limited use like that. Anything more and it's time for some 2-stoke mix.

venmos1

Established Member
I have a little 20V Dewalt one just for blowing off the front door area any blowing water out of crevasses after washing a car (to avoid streaks). It's great for limited use like that. Anything more and it's time for some 2-stoke mix.
I cant speak for those Dewalt blowers, but we have a few Ryobis here at work. and there is a HUGE difference between the 18v blower and the 40v blower. Not trying to push anyone towards elec.

venmos1

Established Member
I live in Maine. We are lucky to have a box store.. Lol.
about 10 years ago when i bought my first house i picked up a 21" troy bilt mower from Lowes. to this day it still starts on the 3rd pull after sitting outside all winter. Im not advocating for TB whatsoever, as tehy are pretty junky. but this one is tough. i do not drain the gas. i do nothing besides add regular gas to it and she runs. But i went all out with a 1 series JD for mowing and snowblowing. i have about 2,5 acres of grass and 400 feet of driveway. Buy once cry once.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Mine 2019 CC has that external filter. Good info though.

You have an elite rider. Mine's just a peasant push mower - lol.
The motor is also a Cub Cadet motor and not B&S. Maybe the reason why it has an in-tank filter.
1691690141762.jpeg

From what I've read, the next level up gets you B&S power.

Isn't yours a Kawasaki or is it a Kohler?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
The motor is also a Cub Cadet motor and not B&S. Maybe the reason why it has an in-tank filter.
View attachment 1804793

I didnt even know Cub Cadet made push mowers.

Our ****ing ****** governor and legislature is mirroring CA. Gas shit will be banned 2025 I believe.

It is going to be Waco 2.0 if these ****ers want to make a move on my weed eater.
1691695708501.jpeg

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
to this day it still starts on the 3rd pull after sitting outside all winter. Im not advocating for TB whatsoever, as tehy are pretty junky. but this one is tough. i do not drain the gas.

goddam. straight up abusing that poor little thing.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
My neighbor has battery powered leaf blower. His wife does the yard work.
The leaf blower has never blown a leaf lol... i use it for blowing grass and debris and shit out of my tractor and brush hog etc...works great lol
The pole saw is a 40v kobalt...i put that ij the bucket on the tractor to trim back branched etc...they both take the same battery!

Besides i let the leaves fall in my yard where they fall...no ****s given lol

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I cant speak for those Dewalt blowers, but we have a few Ryobis here at work. and there is a HUGE difference between the 18v blower and the 40v blower. Not trying to push anyone towards elec.

I went with the 20V because I had those batteries and it's small enough to take camping and on trips.

View attachment 1804793

I'm still running a 2003 model pro series CC tractor. Headed to the dealer next week to buy a new deck for it.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You wonder how many small engine repair shops are stashing those free or $20 lawnmowers from garage sales and such against the day new are totally gone.

venmos1

Established Member
goddam. straight up abusing that poor little thing.
early on i would take care of it. but its paid for itself many times over now. it doesnt miss a beat. needs new blades thats about it. but i just use it in tight spots where teh tractor cant reach. From what i see, and its not much, these gas lawnmowers and weed wackers either work without issues or a piece of crap.

Users who are viewing this thread