H&R race springs on a vert who has them?

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Yea, I wasn't really surprised. Should have ordered shocks at the same time but had dropped a ton of cash that weekend so I thought I'd give it a shot without replacing the shocks.

Why do you prefer the HD's over say an Adjustable Koni?

Jason

black 10th vert

Established Member
Jason,
I love your drop! Tell me, do you notice any noise from rubbing without the iso's (aside from the bottoming out)? I've had my H+R's for about a year now, and haven't had time to do them yet. As soon as my engine is put back together with it's new mods, the suspension is definitely next on my hit list!

Brian

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
Absolutely no rubbing anywhere, no touching lock to lock everything clears. It's just when I full compress my suspension on a dip at high speed is when it rubs.

Jason

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
I installed H&R Race Springs a few weekends ago, no iso's at all. Car currently sits 26" to fender front and 27" rear, seems a little tall looking at everyone elses measurements?

I've loved H&R's in the past, not loving the setup right now. I suffer from the underdamped feeling that T.O.Snake mentions above. I'm definitely going to be looking for a stiffer shock as soon as I get a little extra cash. On a big dip the suspension drops and the rear wheels rub inside the wheel well at the front (rolled lips so no rub there). I'm hoping the stiffer shocks prevent the full drop in the suspension and keep the rub from happening, I like the way she sits and would hate to have to raise her up a little.

Jason

3.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

What a beautiful red cobra. I have a 99 rio red cobra along with my 03 zy cobra :rockon:

Here's the red 99 (has coilovers up front and eibachs on the back):

IMGP0965.JPG

and.....

IMGP1090.JPG

Cheers!
TIm

Quick Strike

Established Member
Here is my 10th vert with H&R race springs. It has the upper and lower MM isolators at all four corners. They had been on for at least two years in the pictures, and there was some settlling over time.

Cobra_060520_D_Side.jpg

Cobra_050721_P_SD.jpg

Last edited:

I'LL B Bok

Established Member
10th Silver Vert + HR Race

And here is yet another 10th Vert with H&Rs. I have 18' wheels in this sig pic.

Jason...nice red cobra. especially the side exit exhaust.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I am running H&R race springs with no ISO's at all. Car rides great, no noises. Just have to watch the crown in the road so I don't bottom out. I'll try and grab some pic's later. My full suspension consists of the springs, MM CC plates, Steeda ball joints, Steeda Bumpsteer, Titanium rack bushings, Tokico front struts and stock rear shocks. Car handles like its on rails. Pics to come.......

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
You're running H&R Race with no iso's and stock rear shocks and you like that feel? Just curious as that's exactly what I'm running and can't stand it and am currently shopping for the best shock to fit my need to upgrade.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread