H&R race springs on a vert who has them?

black 10th vert

Established Member
I just installed the H&R race springs on mine two days ago, no pics, but what a night and day difference in how the car drives and feels. Axle hop is tremendously reduced, nose dive on hard braking is gone, and it stays nice and flat in the twisties. I love them.

What did you run for isos?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I post these pictures atleast 2x a day now lol

H&R Race...top rear iso's removed
CIMG0048.jpg

CIMG0047.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
^^Wow, that looks great! Can you tell me what the measurement from the ground to wheelwells are?

black 10th vert

Established Member
Wow Cobraguy, that looks great too! Do you know the height to the top of each fenderwell? Just trying to figure out how much of a difference the isos make before I do my swap.

thanks, Brian

COBRAGUY95

Freshly Squeezed
Established Member
I dont know for sure but I will be subscribing because I been thinking about taking out the top Iso's myself. I wanna say around 24" but its been awhile since I measured to see. My car can't get any lower in the rear because it just about rubs the tires when I cross bridges real hard so I would leave the rear Iso's in if you are running a 315 on 18's .Thanks

Last edited:

T.O.Snake

Established Member
How many of you guys running H&R race springs on verts have kept your stock Bilsteins? I'm stongly considering the swap, but I'm wondering if the heavy duty Bilsteins that are available from places like Lethal are a "necessary" addition, as I've heard from more than a few people.

I'd have to delay a bit to pull together the cash for both s/s and springs, but I'd rather do it "right" in the first place, if it should be done. Thoughts?

black 10th vert

Established Member
How many of you guys running H&R race springs on verts have kept your stock Bilsteins? I'm stongly considering the swap, but I'm wondering if the heavy duty Bilsteins that are available from places like Lethal are a "necessary" addition, as I've heard from more than a few people.

I'd have to delay a bit to pull together the cash for both s/s and springs, but I'd rather do it "right" in the first place, if it should be done. Thoughts?

I've heard opinions on both sides with regard to the shocks. The general consensus seems to be that the stockers are slightly underdamped when using a stiffer rate like the "race" springs, but they are ok for normal street driving. The HD shocks are more to optimize the handling for serious corner carving, and such. My personal plan is to try just the springs for awhile, then if I feel that it needs more damping, I'll either throw a set of coupe shocks on, or pick up a set of the HD's.

Brian

T.O.Snake

Established Member
I've heard opinions on both sides with regard to the shocks. The general consensus seems to be that the stockers are slightly underdamped when using a stiffer rate like the "race" springs, but they are ok for normal street driving. The HD shocks are more to optimize the handling for serious corner carving, and such. My personal plan is to try just the springs for awhile, then if I feel that it needs more damping, I'll either throw a set of coupe shocks on, or pick up a set of the HD's.

Brian

Interesting idea. Are you currently running the springs with the stock bilsteins, or are you still waiting to do the springs?

SVT543of2003

Established Member
I have the race springs on the way from MM. I'm seriously glad i waited and saw some guys with H&R's on because had i done springs right away, i would have done a pro-kit which would have been a mistake!

Shortly I'll be installing a full Steeda stop the hop kit and H&R race springs. Looking forward to feeling the difference.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
I have the race springs on the way from MM. I'm seriously glad i waited and saw some guys with H&R's on because had i done springs right away, i would have done a pro-kit which would have been a mistake!

Shortly I'll be installing a full Steeda stop the hop kit and H&R race springs. Looking forward to feeling the difference.

Hey bro, whereabouts in TO are you? Where you getting the work done, or are you doing it yourself?

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I installed H&R Race Springs a few weekends ago, no iso's at all. Car currently sits 26" to fender front and 27" rear, seems a little tall looking at everyone elses measurements?

I've loved H&R's in the past, not loving the setup right now. I suffer from the underdamped feeling that T.O.Snake mentions above. I'm definitely going to be looking for a stiffer shock as soon as I get a little extra cash. On a big dip the suspension drops and the rear wheels rub inside the wheel well at the front (rolled lips so no rub there). I'm hoping the stiffer shocks prevent the full drop in the suspension and keep the rub from happening, I like the way she sits and would hate to have to raise her up a little.

Jason

3.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I installed H&R Race Springs a few weekends ago, no iso's at all. Car currently sits 26" to fender front and 27" rear, seems a little tall looking at everyone elses measurements?

I've loved H&R's in the past, not loving the setup right now. I suffer from the underdamped feeling that T.O.Snake mentions above. I'm definitely going to be looking for a stiffer shock as soon as I get a little extra cash. On a big dip the suspension drops and the rear wheels rub inside the wheel well at the front (rolled lips so no rub there). I'm hoping the stiffer shocks prevent the full drop in the suspension and keep the rub from happening, I like the way she sits and would hate to have to raise her up a little.

Jason

ya, those are the daily driving issues the guys at MM told me might happen (not to mention the full out racing differences). I went with the HD bilsteins front and rear. I'm running 315 nittos on 10.5s and have no issues. this setup rides very good. i think the factory vert springs were a straight 500/470 (coupe 600/600), so going to a linear h&r race shouldn't surprise anyone that a new shock/strut might be necessary

the budget route for a vert is forget the h&r's and just cut the stock springs. then you've got components still somewhat mated for each other

oh ya...car looks good, jason!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread