H&R race springs on a vert who has them?

03yellowconv

1fstcbra
Established Member
Does anyone have the H&r race on there 03 cobra vert and how hard is the ride and how big of a drop?do you scrape at all?

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
Thats the set up i had on my vert that i sold two weeks ago.H&R Race and no upper isos FTW:rockon: It rode great and no iso noise what so ever i would run that set up again in a heart beat! It was low but not to low.Did not drag over speed bumps or bottom out if i drove the car rite. My new car has H&R sports and its a little lower.

Last edited:

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
H&R Race, Bottom iso on front, both on rear.
2927-albums49-356.jpg

I bottom out depending on the road, but I also have a K-member brace that drops pretty low on the front. Just have to adjust your driving to the car, that's all.

And I've been driving a lowered mustang since 02. This is the best riding/cruising lowered mustang I've owned yet.

Last edited:

03yellowconv

1fstcbra
Established Member
so dont use the mm isos in front and rear? how about cc plates to align the car.thanx guys,any scraping on dips in road and how much harder is the ride with the race springs?

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
The MM iso's will raise the whole thing by about 1/2 an inch or a little more. Just depends on what you are looking for. I wanted a very slight rake so I took out the top stock iso on the front and left both in the rear.

My car has c/c plates, and I would recomend purchasing a quality set (I'll recommend Maximum Motorsports for these) and installing those before having an alignmnent done. They can probably get you real close with the stock caster plates but not enough for my liking.

I haven't ran into too many problems with scraping in my car, I just avoid places I know are bad and take my time going up and down driveways and into parking lots and such. I haven't had any issues bottoming out just driving down the interstate or anything. I'm sure enough speed and a big enough dip would bottom out, just not really gonna try.

And as far as how much harder the ride is, I'll be honest, I didn't notice that much of a difference between the stock springs and these. The car feels more stable when cornering and launching, but it doesn't rattle your teeth or anything driving down the road like a normal person.

SpectorV

Established Member
I have h&r race on my 03 vert. It is 26 inches from ground to fender on the front and 26.5 rear with no bottom front isolator and both rear isolators (oem isolators) and the spring rate is 700+ front and rear and the ride is still VERY nice, maybe 10% worse than stock~ overall it gives the car a tighter feel IMO and I like the ride better than stock due to this (10% more harsh but overall the quality and the responsivness IMO make it a better overall feel).

I have very few issues scraping~ is usually not a problem you just have to keep in mind to watch out when pulling out of places that slope down and angle your car etc~ just keep it in mind and it shouldnt be a problem.

MM CC plates also would be a GREAT addition and needed for the race springs. If you do go with MM cc plates you must get new dust boot covers from MM as the stock ones wont work any more, fyi.

Last edited:

antiv6

Established Member
i have race springs with all stock isos in, the drop is about 26.5 front 26.75 rear to the fender, may be a little lower havnt measured since install, ride is great
o and the pic in my sig is before the drop

03yellowconv

1fstcbra
Established Member
Can you post a picture of that yellow vert dropped? I think im going to go with the race springs and mm iso all the way around with the cc plates to be safe.It should still drop at least an inch right?

03yellowconv

1fstcbra
Established Member
had the H&r sports just took them out car was slammed and i was hitting my kmember thats why i want to go to race and not worry about it.

antiv6

Established Member
right now the only pics i have are from my phone but you can see the drop
I would stick with the stock isos or no isos, the mm ones make it sit to high for my taste. Right now in the front i can put 2 fingers inbetween the tire and the fender and 3 fingers in the back
xonx3o.jpg

1zmc8rd.jpg

scb1g5.jpg

og9bvb.jpg

This pic is a coke can under the front bumper, theres about a cm of space between the two
2hyz382.jpg

Last edited:

Mike's 95

I'll Be Back...
Established Member
H & R Sport w/ Stock ISOs--Just to show you the Sports. No noise and driveability is fine. But, this is not my DD and only will get about 3k a year tops.

100_2100.jpg

100_2165.jpg

100_2158.jpg

Last edited:

MIKESTANG_SVT

Established Member
H&R race with all stock isos

Before

016-1.jpg

After

023-1.jpg

022-1.jpg

No scraping yet. I scrape the h- pipe going up the driveway pulling on to the road due to the uneven pavement since the road was repaved. Nothing a couple boards can't fix. Anyone know how long it takes for these springs to settle?

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
h&r race with no top isos in front...no noise issues...just have to adjust your driving habits with a lowered car, but they are far better than the H&r sport springs IMO....

on 17s
IMG_2041.jpg

pullingintofff.jpg

on 18s
IMG_2050.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

I THINK THIS IS THE "PERFECT" DROP FOR A VERT!
H&R RACE WITH NO TOP ISOS IN FRONT! FTMFW! :rockon::rockon:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
for what its worth, if you talk to Maximum motorsports...the ONLY spring they recomend is the race spring for cobra convertibles......that right there sold me

fastcarjoe

Established Member
I just installed the H&R race springs on mine two days ago, no pics, but what a night and day difference in how the car drives and feels. Axle hop is tremendously reduced, nose dive on hard braking is gone, and it stays nice and flat in the twisties. I love them.

Users who are viewing this thread