• H&R Race Springs

Votes: 145 69.0%
  • Steeda Comp Springs

Votes: 65 31.0%

• Total voters

ddurnan

VET ETR
Established Member
I had the steeda springs and was very happy with them when my car was a daily driver.
Here is a couple pics of my car with them on it.
DSC006142.jpg

DSC006404.jpg

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I dont think the steeda springs in that pic have enough drop to spend the money on. That pretty much looks like my car with stock springs. I am going to go with the new Kenny Brown springs because the drop is less than H&R and more than the Steeda's. I have seen pics and I think they look perfect!

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Im going with the H&R sports...they give you anywhere between 1.5-1.7...its a little more than the Eibach Kit and not as low as the Race setup, plus they dont recommend switching out the stock shocks...should look pretty mean with the stock 17's...i'll let you know when I get them on

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
Im going with the H&R sports...they give you anywhere between 1.5-1.7...its a little more than the Eibach Kit and not as low as the Race setup, plus they dont recommend switching out the stock shocks...should look pretty mean with the stock 17's...i'll let you know when I get them on

I may be wrong, but I think you have your drop levels bass ackward for the H&r's......might want to double check before you order

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
TrueBlueGT said:
I may be wrong, but I think you have your drop levels bass ackward for the H&r's......might want to double check before you order

He's right! The SS our lower than the Race springs.

Rwick7

Established Member
Steeda's sit just like stock from what I've seen. I have HR Super Sports and couldn't be any happier

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
ttt...wondering myself...mine is a daily driver ...want to drop it when i get bigger wheels in the rear...but do not want to bottom out.

steeda or H&R for daily driver??

mj8

Established Member
H&R SS w/ stock iso's in rear 26.75 from fender lip to ground, front with MM iso's 26. Very nice look, scrape is minimal and it only gets the prochamber, nothing that can be damaged.

f2fast4u

Established Member
I run the Steeda's on mine. I love the look but for me the front end is about 1/2" too low (and too low for these freaking roads around here). I've bottomed out the front so many times I've lost count. I run some thicker isolator pads on my other Mustangs, but dang if I can remember where I bought them. If I knew, I'd just pop those on the fronts.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
f2fast4u said:
I run the Steeda's on mine. I love the look but for me the front end is about 1/2" too low (and too low for these freaking roads around here). I've bottomed out the front so many times I've lost count. I run some thicker isolator pads on my other Mustangs, but dang if I can remember where I bought them. If I knew, I'd just pop those on the fronts.

Maximum Motorsports makes the best ones. www.maximummotorsports.com

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
SWEET94COBRA said:
So do alot of people scrape with the H&R race ones?

H&R SS springs will drop your car lower than the H&R Race springs. The Race springs have a higher spring rate and do not drop the car as low to maintain the proper roll center. They actually improve handling while dropping the car, instead of just putting it in the weeds. When you see a mustang that only has maybe 1 to 1.25" between the wheel wells and they have H&R springs, those are the SS springs. When the car has 2-2.5" those are the Race springs. I am not familiar with the sport springs as most guys either go with the Race or SS springs. hth 2881

69cobrajet

333 Half Evil
Established Member
stlblack03 said:
Steeda's sit just like stock from what I've seen. I have HR Super Sports and couldn't be any happier
Mine are Steeda,the old ones.The new ones sit lower in the rear.

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
KennyBrown sport springs. Nice 1.25" drop all around. Linear rate, handling is superb.

Users who are viewing this thread