H/E how-to. (with pics)

mavado007

Established Member
I allready posted this on another thread but I'll say it again.

I spoke with Mark @ LFP and they began color stenciling last week. This is what they're offering. Your choice of Stencil in the following colors

Stencil
COBRA
SVT
TERMINATOR
SNAKE LOGO

Colors
Gloss Black
Gloss White
True Blue
Banner Red

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
Here is an angled pic of the font that is on my HE.

img_0117.jpg

grunt.jpg
Hiss, your is the only H.E. pic I like so far. Who did your COBRA word, what brand H.E. do you have? Thanks! :rolling:
03snake03 said:
Chris H, Thanks for the pics, great write up. Any chance you could write up something for the coolant refill procedure? I have heard that getting the fluid to flow back in the system can be tough and what did you do to be sure no air got trapped in the system.
Thx
Very nice write up. What he asked. :??:

RossSVT

Established Member
Look's exactly like mine. That is a Gord's Performance HE with the stencil option.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Not a problem. I know some people are afraid to do some work on their cars in fear of messing up, so I thought I would do this so that more people would work on their own cars. When I took mine off before trading the car in, it went pretty quick. We installed it onto a friends 04 Cobra and it took about 40 minutes total. It really is an easy job.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Great write up. Mark makes some great products.

I will be picking one up along with some pullies (pending ford finally fixes my car) and will have them installed this spring and ready for the hot summer here in Oklahoma!

Thanks for taking the time to do this for us!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
this thread will help me incredibly. thanks for taking the time to do such a great write-up.
by the way, how many of you guys install the pump jumper wire to cycle the fluid before starting your car???

cobrashinoda

Shelby2012
Established Member
Installed mine today, along with a heavier radiator. Your pictures made it easy. Also purchased a Lightning Performance Intercooler Tank, I could not to get it to fit under the hood without rubbing really bad. Anyone have same problem?

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I got an LFP HE and the stencil is MUCH larger than the one pictured in the "how to".

I am going to throw it on here in a while and will post up some pictures. One problem I think I may have is that the brackets may overlap the stencil. We will see shortly.

B

forcefedcobra

Established Member
yes it is very possible. I did it without removing the bumper. At times you will have to move stuff around just a bit and you wont have as much room but it isnt that bad of a job even with the bumper left on.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Like forcefed said, you can do it with it on, but the 5 minutes it takes to take the bumper off, I think pays off. Just a lot easier to see what you are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread