Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
1 Full coil no iso.

ScannedImage-57.gif

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
see sig, full coil rear and little over 3/4 front with front top iso removed, dont ask long story. Also do not cut flat part of spring! GL op I think it took me about a 6 pack, but I also redid the front since I was wanting a slight rake look.

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
see sig, full coil rear and little over 3/4 front with front top iso removed, dont ask long story. Also do not cut flat part of spring! GL op I think it took me about a 6 pack, but I also redid the front since I was wanting a slight rake look.

Your car looks ****ing sick.

91GT

Established Member
a grinder? that seems like it 'd take way too long:eek:

Did anyone else use something else to cut their springs?

Use a cut off wheel/zip cut on a 5" grinder. Will cut a coil spring in less then a min. Wear eye protection though, if you don't know what you are doing with one you will most likely blow up a few discs and they can be deadly.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Cut the pig tail guys(which is the bottom side), not the flat part. Note where the pig tail sits when you remove the spring and re-install in the same position. If you just put it in any old way your ride height is going to vary from side to side.

Jefe

Established Member
All the pics/info you could want is in my sig. Non Cobra guys should not be cutting springs, well at least more than 1/2 coil. Stock GT springs are not linear meaning over time the spring will lose its compression characterstics. Unlike linear springs which stay the same throughout. Do not cut the flattened part of the spring!!

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
my car sits lower than yours already.. im trying to go lower.. im thinking 1 1/4 up front and 1 in the rear.

where i want her to sit

drop.jpg

How do you even drive the streets as it sits now? :eek: Ya your front and rear end is lighter than 03/04's so youll want to cut more. Always cut less first, you cant go back if you cut more. It doesnt take long to get the springs back out the 2nd time to cut more. I could probably have the fronts out in 10 mins or less

Users who are viewing this thread