Guy drives through crowd of people.

Blown 89

Established Member
He put them in that situation by driving into a crowd of people.
The crowd of people put themselves in that situation by preventing traffic from going through.

I don't get run over by cars. Know why? I don't mill around in the middle of a busy intersection and play chicken with cars. I have no sympathy for those morons.

Zemedici

Established Member
The crowd of people put themselves in that situation by preventing traffic from going through.

I don't get run over by cars. Know why? I don't mill around in the middle of a busy intersection and play chicken with cars. I have no sympathy for those morons.

Thank you. Same as all these OMG POLICE BRUTALITY bullshit videos.

I never have to worry about a cop putting my face in the ground like a WWE wrestler, know why? Cuz i dont put myself in these situations. Logic people, if you see the guy getting agitated, let him through. Swallow your pride and don't be an ass clown about it ie sitting on the guys hood

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
These people paid to be a part of this zombie walk and that was the designated route for them. The driver should have turned around, not drive threw the crowd. The event should have had traffic enforcement to make sure that cars could move through as they needed or talked to the city about closing down the streets, but just because there is a large number of people blocking his path doesn't mean he can run them over.

Zemedici

Established Member
These people paid to be a part of this zombie walk and that was the designated route for them. The driver should have turned around, not drive threw the crowd. The event should have had traffic enforcement to make sure that cars could move through as they needed or talked to the city about closing down the streets, but just because there is a large number of people blocking his path doesn't mean he can run them over.

Maybe he's from out of town, and didn't know said 'event' (hardly an event, a huge parade just so people can walk around as zombies, really?)

Since he has somewhere he has to go and didn't know said event was going on, it's ok to damage his car? He doesn't know those people, and doesn't know what their intentions are. Guilt is on both sides.

Blown 89

Established Member
It doesn't matter if they paid or not, they shouldn't have been in the street blocking traffic. If they had any right to be in the street acting like clowns the police would have blocked it off for them. Just because you're with a large number of people doesn't mean you have the right to disrupt traffic.

The car did nothing wrong at the beginning. He honked and people surrounded the car. At one point you can hear someone yell "**** that car" and they all surrounded it, some were yelling and gesturing. One big guy in orange started knocking on the driver's side window. Don't act like the pedestrians were innocent here.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. The stupid game here is mobbing a car, the stupid prize is getting run over.

mavisky

Established Member
^ Ummm how about you refrain from touching my personal belongings. The driver certainly shouldn't of been honking at them but how hard is it for people to just be polite and get the hell out of the way? Seriously, let the guy through, problem solved. Instead people had to say something and cause a problem.

This was an organized event, no different than a Christmas parade. They had every right to be there..

It's obvious you're a filthy liberal by how you claim the victim of this is the bad person.

The victim is the person on the ground with a broken arm, not the driver of the car. Watch the video, there are little kids in this parade. If the injured was a 6 year old little girl and not a 46 year old woman everyone's take on this would be completely different.

Man, that crowd was being assholes. From the beginning it looked like people were standing in the middle of the street on purpose, then they apporached the car and even looked like a couple sat on the hood of the car. Not saying I would have did what the driver did but there is enough blame to go around here.

There was one guy being an asshole who sat on the guy's hood. The rest of the people were trying to keep him from driving through a parade containing children.

My Way

Get the **** out of it

How many Christmas Parades and 5K's have you driven through? Memorial Day parades? Run over any Cancer Walk's lately?

I agree that the guy shouldn't have sat on the guy's hood, but the driver is the one in the wrong here. There was some tapping on his window to try to get his attention (of course no one outside of the car could ever know that the entire family was deaf, I mean what are the odds of that even happening), then when he nudges forward again they yell louder and someone sits on his hood. Stupid move on that one guy's part, then the guy just floors it even though he could have just as easily backed up and escaped that way. The only blow I saw come in is by the big guy in the blue shirt after the driver has hit him and he's literally riding on the hood of the car through the middle of the parade. Can't believe people are actually defending a guy who knowingly ran through a parade of innocent civilians that had children in it.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Maybe he's from out of town, and didn't know said 'event' (hardly an event, a huge parade just so people can walk around as zombies, really?)

Since he has somewhere he has to go and didn't know said event was going on, it's ok to damage his car? He doesn't know those people, and doesn't know what their intentions are. Guilt is on both sides.

It doesn't matter if they paid or not, they shouldn't have been in the street blocking traffic. If they had any right to be in the street acting like clowns the police would have blocked it off for them. Just because you're with a large number of people doesn't mean you have the right to disrupt traffic.

The car did nothing wrong at the beginning. He honked and people surrounded the car. At one point you can hear someone yell "**** that car" and they all surrounded it, some were yelling and gesturing. One big guy in orange started knocking on the driver's side window. Don't act like the pedestrians were innocent here.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. The stupid game here is mobbing a car, the stupid prize is getting run over.

Are you guys telling me you would do the same thing and just plow through a crowd? I don't care what the crowd says to you, you don't try to push your way through and then floor it when no one lets you. They didn't start approaching the car until after he pulled into the crowd.

It was an organized event. They had every right to be there.

Whether he is from out of town or not, and no matter how big of a jerk the crowd was being by not allowing a car through does not give anyone the right to plow through or even attempt to push through a crowd of people. Find another way around or be patient and wait.

Zemedici

Established Member
Oh absolutely - as I said above there's fault on both sides.

However I would never put myself in either situarion.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
This was an organized event, no different than a Christmas parade. They had every right to be there..

The victim is the person on the ground with a broken arm, not the driver of the car. Watch the video, there are little kids in this parade. If the injured was a 6 year old little girl and not a 46 year old woman everyone's take on this would be completely different.

There was one guy being an asshole who sat on the guy's hood. The rest of the people were trying to keep him from driving through a parade containing children.

How many Christmas Parades and 5K's have you driven through? Memorial Day parades? Run over any Cancer Walk's lately?

I agree that the guy shouldn't have sat on the guy's hood, but the driver is the one in the wrong here. There was some tapping on his window to try to get his attention (of course no one outside of the car could ever know that the entire family was deaf, I mean what are the odds of that even happening), then when he nudges forward again they yell louder and someone sits on his hood. Stupid move on that one guy's part, then the guy just floors it even though he could have just as easily backed up and escaped that way. The only blow I saw come in is by the big guy in the blue shirt after the driver has hit him and he's literally riding on the hood of the car through the middle of the parade. Can't believe people are actually defending a guy who knowingly ran through a parade of innocent civilians that had children in it.
This was not a sanctioned event. You are wrong. This was a group of people who made up a walk. It was not part of comicon or anything else and had no police presence due to this.

Maustang

Established Member
If a car is honking at me i sure ain't going to sit on its hood.
70% the dude that sat on the cars fault
30% the drivers fault.
Before that guy sat on the car it was just an old man trying to get through a crowd of people.

96 cobra

Established Member
If a car is honking at me i sure ain't going to sit on its hood.
70% the dude that sat on the cars fault
30% the drivers fault.
Before that guy sat on the car it was just an old man trying to get through a crowd of people.

The driver was bumping into people, slightly pushing them with his car while blaring the horn. That's when people started to yell at him, sit in his hood etc... things escalated quickly from there obviously.

2001sleeper

Established Member
What is up with the world and everybody feeling entitled to do stupid stuff? That was not a sanctioned event. What makes them think that what they were doing was appropriate? Mob mentality goes south real quick and that is why police should be involved.

I am sure San Diego has some nice parks to hold an actual event.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Read LiveLeak!

New video of the vehicle running over a 64-year woman has emerged, showing the extent of injuries, including exposed flesh, muscle tissue and bone.

While there were initial claims that the motorist heard threats in other online footage, the driver of the vehicle is allegedly deaf. The man claims he waited for the mass of people to pass, but they attacked his car, breaking his windshield and frightening his young children, he claims.

The man put his foot down and drove off to escape, but hit a nearby woman who was not participating in the walk

While police were at the head of the parade, no other police were present at any intersections.

The San Diego Zombie Walk was a non-sanctioned event of Comic Con 2014. The organizers of the Zombie Walk required all participants to obey traffic laws, including obeying traffic signals and laws around blocking vehicles which may have right of way.

The woman was seriously injured, and taken to a local hospital. Police have subsequently reported that the driver is not likely to face any charges.
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=89f_1406520751#PP3MG9IvDxb3MJMr.99

mavisky

Established Member
This was not a sanctioned event. You are wrong. This was a group of people who made up a walk. It was not part of comicon or anything else and had no police presence due to this.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...k-Downtown-San-Diego-Comic-Con-268762861.html

The way they wre referring to it made it sound pretty official to me. Regardless of whether it was or not, this isn't similar to the situation in New York where the guy was surrounded and harassed by a motorcycle gang, this was a parade and a crowd of innocent people and children that this driver drove straight through. Other people made a u-turn successfully as pointed out in the article. There's some blame on both sides, but at no point was there a valid reason to drive through a crowd of people even if one of them did sit on your hood.

2001sleeper

Established Member
There is also no reason for a crowd of people to block a driver's path disobeying traffic laws.

When a person goes out of there way to impact another persons quality of life something bad will happen. This is an extreme outcome, but I think it still highlights a growing lack of consideration for others.

Extreme assumption ahead:
Those zombie walkers are probably the same people that workout in front of the dumbbell rack, drive speed limit in the fast lane, leave the shopping cart in the spot next to their car, and talk loudly on the phone in crowded lobbies. Lol

mavisky

Established Member
When a person goes out of there way to impact another persons quality of life something bad will happen. This is an extreme outcome, but I think it still highlights a growing lack of consideration for others.

I don't know that forcing a person to re-route a block or two away counts as "impacting their quality of life", but I'm pretty sure that running over a group of people with a car counts.

I am not saying that noone was in the wrong there, but at no point was there any action that would have justified running over a herd of people. That's literally assault with a deadly weapon and I'm surprised he wasn't charged as such. If it had been a group of officers he'd done that to you can bet he'd have been charged with attempted murder.

2001sleeper

Established Member
I am not condoning the running over of people, just saying that inconsiderate actions can lead to devastating results.

Nobody knows what the driver's intent was before running into a group of hooligans.

When I see situations like this part of tries to find the original error I judgement that lead to the outcome. Simple cause and effect map if you will. The driver not turning around is very far from the originating cause here. Horrible outcome, but the driver running somebody over is definitely not the root of this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread