Guy drives through crowd of people.

musclefan21

Established Member
The crowd went hostile on him. Sat on his hood, his property, blocked him up completely, intentionally. I absolutely see nothing wrong there. That driver shouldn't be charged with any crime. If he does, simple, I was afraid of my life when the surrounded me and jumped on the hood of my car would be a solid defense.

The driver didn't hurt anyone. He honked multiple times and after the crowd went hostile on him, he still slowly pushed his way out of the crowd. Stupid people...

Plus, it is a public roadway. You can't just block a roadway unless permission was granted by the city / state.

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
Are you guys telling me you would do the same thing and just plow through a crowd? I don't care what the crowd says to you, you don't try to push your way through and then floor it when no one lets you. They didn't start approaching the car until after he pulled into the crowd.

It was an organized event. They had every right to be there.

Whether he is from out of town or not, and no matter how big of a jerk the crowd was being by not allowing a car through does not give anyone the right to plow through or even attempt to push through a crowd of people. Find another way around or be patient and wait.
yes, if the crowd went hostile on me, sat on my car, etc. like in the video, I am pushing my way through those clowns and calling the police to report the incident right away.

kook911

Established Member
We'll I watched both vids and to me the driver is wrong. A guy sat on the hood of his car with his back turned away from the driver. Really people I wonder what you guys do when your at a car meet and someone leans against your car. No one there was threatening the driver or causing harm to the driver or the car. Just one more my time is more important then everyone else so make way for me guy. But keep defending a guy that did nothing wrong, but maybe we watched different videos.

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
This is a prime example of when the 7 "P"s should have been used. Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance. meaning if this is a sanctioned event, with such a large turnout, then why weren't the police there to block traffic like in any other parade? I'm not removing blame from the driver, or from the crowd. Common sense says you don't try to drive through a crowd of people, and it also says you don't sit on the hood of someone else's car, especially someone who is operating the car in a threatening or offensive manner.

CSG

Established Member
This driver did seem to "push" his way into the crowd. I have been surrounded by a group of people in the street who blocked my car. I got two of them on the 5K clutch dump and would do it again in a heartbeat. I am not waiting to find out your intentions.

mavisky

Established Member
Driving a car through a crowd is assault with a deadly weapon. The only excuse for that is an immediate fear for your life, safety, and well-being of those in the vehicle. There were no physical attacks made towards the vehicle in the videos shown until after he accelerated through the parade. A 64 year old woman has a broken arm and I guarantee you she has lawyers chomping at the bit to represent her in a civil case which she will probably easily win.

The driver put himself in the situation of being surrounded by driving into a crowd. If he'd simply turned around he'd never been "threatened" or "surrounded". The crowd didn't approach and surround him, he approached and began to push his way through the crowd. He put himself into that situation and he's responsible for the outcome.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I personally would not have gone thru that crowd like that it's a shame he did not find an alternate route if one was available

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
yes, if the crowd went hostile on me, sat on my car, etc. like in the video, I am pushing my way through those clowns and calling the police to report the incident right away.

You can't drive into a crowd and put yourself in that situation and blame everyone else. The crowd should not have blocked traffic like that, but the driver created any hostile situation that occurred by driving into the crowd that wasn't paying him any attention.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Read LiveLeak!

New video of the vehicle running over a 64-year woman has emerged, showing the extent of injuries, including exposed flesh, muscle tissue and bone.

While there were initial claims that the motorist heard threats in other online footage, the driver of the vehicle is allegedly deaf. The man claims he waited for the mass of people to pass, but they attacked his car, breaking his windshield and frightening his young children, he claims.

The man put his foot down and drove off to escape, but hit a nearby woman who was not participating in the walk

While police were at the head of the parade, no other police were present at any intersections.

The San Diego Zombie Walk was a non-sanctioned event of Comic Con 2014. The organizers of the Zombie Walk required all participants to obey traffic laws, including obeying traffic signals and laws around blocking vehicles which may have right of way.

The woman was seriously injured, and taken to a local hospital. Police have subsequently reported that the driver is not likely to face any charges.
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=89f_1...9IvDxb3MJMr.99

Form this article, it sounds to me like it was an official event approved by the city and just not a part of comic con. Just had poor traffic management from the people who created the event and the city.

2001sleeper

Established Member
The crowd should not have blocked traffic like that,

Exactly
A crowd of people has no right to inconvenience and block access to certain parts of the city.
The crowd assumed that their zombie walk was more important than te rest if te cities daily commute.

They will probably think twice before making more self centered actions in the future.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
To me, when the guys drives through the people in front of him, they don't have a leg to stand on.

E

Blown 89

Established Member
The crowd went hostile on him. Sat on his hood, his property, blocked him up completely, intentionally. I absolutely see nothing wrong there. That driver shouldn't be charged with any crime. If he does, simple, I was afraid of my life when the surrounded me and jumped on the hood of my car would be a solid defense.
Not to mention the multiple people screaming at the car from the sidewalk, one person yelling "F that car", and multiple people wrapping on the windows and windshield like apes. I'd feel threatened too. If they were wrapping on the windows there's a good chance someone tried a door handle or two as well. That's the point I would plow through that crowd too. The moment someone touches the door handle I'm gone. It proves intent on entering my vehicle. If the driver is smart they'll play it that way and get through this untouched. It's too bad they hit the an old lady and didn't run over the moron sitting on the hood.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Not to mention the multiple people screaming at the car from the sidewalk, one person yelling "F that car", and multiple people wrapping on the windows and windshield like apes. I'd feel threatened too. If they were wrapping on the windows there's a good chance someone tried a door handle or two as well. That's the point I would plow through that crowd too. The moment someone touches the door handle I'm gone. It proves intent on entering my vehicle. If the driver is smart they'll play it that way and get through this untouched. It's too bad they hit the an old lady and didn't run over the moron sitting on the hood.

Don't drive into a crowd like the idiot in the video and that won't happen.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

But why run them over when you could just backup, and avoid them?

rancid

Established Member
How can you physically harm someone with a motor vehicle and not receive some form of charge if the person in question was not violating traffic laws?

Last edited:

2001sleeper

Established Member
I wish somebody would drive a car into the movie theater to teach the folks ruining my movie experience.

If you stand in the road, you get run over.
If you talk during a movie, you get run over.

America needs to stop being soft on morons that only make society worse. LOL

gamebred26

Established Member
After seeing what those assholes on bikes did...If my wife and daughter were in the car I would do the same shit. That mob mentality escalates rather quickly. You cant touch his ****ing car...or sit on it. WTF is wrong with you people defending those idiots. It's a street not a ****ing city park or sidewalk.

You think I am going to sit there and wait for a few hundred retards to cross the street? Ill honk..they don't move...I pull closer..you sit..hit..punch..tap..kick my car...you get ****ing ran over.

Get to safety and call the police and report what happened.

Blown 89

Established Member
But why run them over when you could just backup, and avoid them?
Watch the video again and ask yourself if he could see in all of his mirrors to do so. People were blocking both side mirrors, banging on his car from both sides, and I'm willing to bet he wasn't the only one stuck waiting there so someone was probably behind him. Forward was the direction to go if he really felt he was in danger. The guy waited for 10 minutes and nobody would let him through. I would have gone too when someone climbed on my hood and bashed my windshield in. Yes, they smashed his windshield but oh, the crowd didn't do anything wrong. Bullshit. They were just as much at fault as the driver who immediately stopped and got a police officer a block away.

Users who are viewing this thread