Gun expert's let's have a discussion.

Pitfyter13

Post up your gun of choice for the following:

I'm looking to increase my collection.

Keep In mind I live in Mass. so I cannot purchase a new Glock at a gun shop so while I know many prefer this brand I won't be buying one.

Your preferred conceal and carry.

Your preferred home defense gun.

Your preferred gun for shooting at the range for pure enjoyment.

Today is a snow out in Mass so I'm doing a little research.
My preferred concealed is either a judge in 410 and 45 long colt or my shorty 357 home defense is my kimber tl rl 2 in 45 and most fun is black powder 45 wheel guns

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
My preferred concealed is either a judge in 410 and 45 long colt or my shorty 357 home defense is my kimber tl rl 2 in 45 and most fun is black powder 45 wheel guns

Sarcasm?

Or does your wardrobe consist solely of oversized cargo pants, untucked Hawaiian shirts and fishing vests? Maybe topped off with a bright red NRA hat to make sure your extra inconspicuous.

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Sarcasm?

Or does your wardrobe consist solely of oversized cargo pants, untucked Hawaiian shirts and fishing vests? Maybe topped off with a bright red NRA hat to make sure your extra inconspicuous.
You forgot the fanny pack.

Gravik

Established Member
Gonna be getting a walther pps m2 to carry.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Couple months old, but as a fellow from the Commie-Wealth, I have shot and enjoyed the Sig P320 compact which is a nice striker fired polymer gun, very similar to the Glock 19. I shot them side by side and the Sig felt a bit better.
On the smaller side my wife has a Ruger LC9s, which is a tiny striker fired 9. It is very concealable. I might grab one for myself... I fired it side by side with the Sig P938 and it was a decent match for half of the price.
I really like Sig for the quality, but the price can be a bit high on their metal guns. Their polymer stuff is a bit cheaper but still has a premium over other guns.
HK also makes a very nice gun but some folks dont like the layout which I believe is more european. Nothing at all wrong with Smith and Wesson and Ruger, they make some nice guns... many of which are mass compliant. I havent been wowed by their mainstays such as the Shield and the new American, but I cant deny that they have a following and are more affordable.
Glocks also have a following but that is non-issue for us. If you are going to spend a premium to get it in Mass, there are better guns for the dollars you will spend... the Sig P320 and HK VP9 is a prime example.

Stateguy

Established Member
Shield 45 for carry

H&K 45 tactical for home defense

And still on the fence for a range toy. I like the cost of 9mm vs 45 so I'm torn between a cz 97 or a cz 75. Either one would obviously have work from cz custom shop or cajun gun works.

Cost not being an issue a high end 1911 ed brown, Wilson combat, Dan Wesson, etc

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Shield 45 for carry

And still on the fence for a range toy. I like the cost of 9mm vs 45 so I'm torn between a cz 97 or a cz 75. Either one would obviously have work from cz custom shop or cajun gun works.

Cost not being an issue a high end 1911 ed brown, Wilson combat, Dan Wesson, etc

My dad has the hk 45 that I love. But I don't love .40 cents a round. For a range toy I'd go full size 9mm just as a cost saver but there's nothing like a full size 45 in my opinion.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Couple months old, but as a fellow from the Commie-Wealth, I have shot and enjoyed the Sig P320 compact which is a nice striker fired polymer gun, very similar to the Glock 19. I shot them side by side and the Sig felt a bit better.
On the smaller side my wife has a Ruger LC9s, which is a tiny striker fired 9. It is very concealable. I might grab one for myself... I fired it side by side with the Sig P938 and it was a decent match for half of the price.
I really like Sig for the quality, but the price can be a bit high on their metal guns. Their polymer stuff is a bit cheaper but still has a premium over other guns.
HK also makes a very nice gun but some folks dont like the layout which I believe is more european. Nothing at all wrong with Smith and Wesson and Ruger, they make some nice guns... many of which are mass compliant. I havent been wowed by their mainstays such as the Shield and the new American, but I cant deny that they have a following and are more affordable.
Glocks also have a following but that is non-issue for us. If you are going to spend a premium to get it in Mass, there are better guns for the dollars you will spend... the Sig P320 and HK VP9 is a prime example.
I have yet to shoot the p320 but I'm sure I'd love it. I actually like hk better though.

Right now sleeping right next to me is a sig p938. Its a great gun. I'm not a fan of ruger or the shield. The trigger on the shield is shit in my opinion.

I totally agree with your assessment of glocks for us massholes. If I'm going to pay a premium for one I buy the hk all day or the sig.

Gravik

Established Member
Home defense

5f6c93e71d13b7bc08c8d754391a8ed5.jpg

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Home defense

5f6c93e71d13b7bc08c8d754391a8ed5.jpg

Great choice for home defense but a bit large for concealed carry.

I'm looking to pick up the KSG for my new home defense weapon... that is a cool gun and supposedly pretty decent for a Kel Tec.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Anything in 10mm Auto and youll be fine. Underwood 165g 10mm is the business. 10mm is my next pistol (Glock 29)

tkiller

Established Member
Shield 45 for carry

I've shot several 75B's, and they're awesome. I'll be picking up the 75B Orange or Czechmate. Held the Orange model, but didn't fire. Trigger is as good as my H&K V1 Expert.

tkiller

Established Member
Different weapons fit different needs, even for carry. I'm a huge H&K fan, and my usual carry is the P30SK. Not familiar with your state's laws, but it does have a manual safety. I carry with the flushmount 10-rd mags, but x-grips makes a slide over finger groove extension that can be used with standard 15 round mags for range time. Very comfortable to shoot.

Personally, I like completely ambidextrous pistols for carry (mag release, safety, slide release).

And many have said it, but get plenty of range time with your carry, left and right handed. Several manufacturers or 3rd parties offer mag extension-type magazines for the range.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Anything in 10mm Auto and youll be fine. Underwood 165g 10mm is the business. 10mm is my next pistol (Glock 29)
10 mm is great but ammo is a bitch to find sometimes.
Different weapons fit different needs, even for carry. I'm a huge H&K fan, and my usual carry is the P30SK. Not familiar with your state's laws, but it does have a manual safety. I carry with the flushmount 10-rd mags, but x-grips makes a slide over finger groove extension that can be used with standard 15 round mags for range time. Very comfortable to shoot.

Personally, I like completely ambidextrous pistols for carry (mag release, safety, slide release).

And many have said it, but get plenty of range time with your carry, left and right handed. Several manufacturers or 3rd parties offer mag extension-type magazines for the range.
H&K is all good here and I too also love them. To me they are one of the best you can buy.

DarkMach1

Established Member
My reasoning for not choosing my mossy as the home defense is because looking at the layout of my home, I feel it is safer to maneuver with a handgun than a big heavy shotgun which I might end up in a wrestling match for if the perp catches me around a corner or doorway. There are situations which it would be beneficial, for example, a larger 2 story home where it takes longer for the perp to get to you and you have time to grab the shotgun and position yourself with a height advantage with your family behind you.

Machdup1

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread