Well if manual safety is required, consider:

Colt or SW 1911
HK 45
FN FNX 45 or 9
Browning Hi Power
CZ 75
SW MP 9 or 45
Springfield XD 45 or 9

I would suggest you find a range that has these for rent and shoot them all.

mattmynhier

Established Member
-12 ga mossberg 500 shorty and beretta px4 storm in .40 for home defense
-depends on what I'm wearing but usually a glock 9mm in single or double stack.
-any gun is fun but always enjoy shooting my 300 win mag at the 600 + yard range

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Carry:
Diamondback DB9 loaded with Hornady Critical Defense
Beretta PX4 Storm Compact .40 loaded with Hornady Critical Defense

Home defense:
Taurus Judge loaded with Winchester PDX1

Fun:
Windham Weaponry AR15

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Have you shot it a lot with different loads? Stacy wants one, but I've been holding her off on it.

As long as you stay with a 115 grain ammo, and don't use +P, you're good. Other than the Critical Defense, I've exclusively shot Remington UMC through this gun. Loaded and ejected just fine.

If you guys come in soon I'll be more than happy to let her shoot mine to try it out. It is a very basic defense gun... no slide catch, no safety, small sights... nothing to snag on when you draw it. Not having a slide catch does make it more difficult to clean.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
goes bang every single time. Most of the FTL's you hear about were very early production models, and that word of mouth just kinda kept going.

While I don't carry it, it's a truck gun that goes bang every time I've fired mine. Only thing I've done is polished the feed ramp and keep 124gr gold dots in it (standard pressure).

As for EDC, while I love the 229, the 320 from Sig is superb for comfort. Trigger is very good for a striker fired pistol as well.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
It's a stretch to call the dingus on a Glock a safety IMO

How do you figure?

You can throw it against the wall and it's not going to go off.

Handguns are not rifles. You don't sling them across your back and worry about a branch getting caught on the trigger and an accidental discharge.

Under no circumstances should you ever go "I thought the Safety was on!!"

Finger goes on trigger when you want to kill someone. Period.

Worried about kids playing with if? Get a lock box. The new finger print ones are epic awesome.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
The trigger safety on a Glock, really is no safety at all. The idea behind a safety is to make it So the gun doesn't fire by mistake. Since its a striker fire, the only way the gun will fire is if you pull the trigger. Putting a block bar that is integrated into the trigger, is almost the same size as the trigger and naturally disengages with the pull of the trigger, does nothing.

But again, Glocks are very safe guns to carry and are beyond extremely unlikely to fire when dropped. Just don't pull the trigger.

smitty2919

Established Member
Another option would be S&W M&P 9mm 2.0 (just came out I think) which I believe has an external safety?? (my current M&P9 only has trigger safety by my wife's M&P22 has a external safety.

Users who are viewing this thread