PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Here's some of my work, I've been screwing around with building my own...
This is my hollow body made from a bargain musician guitar kit.
It's got Seymour Duncan hot rodded humbuckers and some vintage Grover tuners.
After paint and a long list of other things I wired and strung the thing then sent it out to a friend to have the intonation set.
Im very proud of the look and sound! Its really got an old school southern rock type sound to it.
Screenshot_20160713-104428.jpg

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Here's some of my work, I've been screwing around with building my own...
This is my hollow body made from a bargain musician guitar kit.
It's got Seymour Duncan hot rodded humbuckers and some vintage Grover tuners.
After paint and a long list of other things I wired and strung the thing then sent it out to a friend to have the intonation set.
Im very proud of the look and sound! Its really got an old school southern rock type sound to it.
View attachment 1530508
I will have to remember to post a pic of a Strat body I cut and have in primer. Now I just need a neck, pick guard, and the electronics. I'm not up to carving out a guitar neck.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bgoose99

Established Member
Played on and off for a few years. When I finally got back into it about 3 years ago, I wanted a good guitar, but just couldn't find something that checked all the boxes. Decided to just order everything I wanted and put it together myself, and I'm so glad I did. I'm spoiled now. This is Blue, and it's the best guitar I've ever played.
Warmoth chambered mahogany body with a quilt maple top.
Warmoth neck with 6100 stainless steel frets
Wilkinson floating bridge
DiMarzio Cruiser neck and middle, DiMarzio Andy Timmons bridge
Fender locking tuners
Black tusq nut
Blue1.jpg
Blue2.jpg
Blue3.jpg

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Building a Strat. It needs a couple more coats of primer, a wet sand, color, and then clear. At some point I will find a neck, pick guard, electronics, and hardware.

Then again, if I could find a cheap used neck and pick guard I would possibly turn this one into a clock or lamp.

The possibilities are endless.
f1dd7877dc7358ea67d1c3f85ed3a566.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Finally got around to bringing some of my gear home to make a quick vid. ill make more of different genre's. Here's a blues improvise lead over a back track in Em....and let me just say EM is one of my worst keys. I love B and G. Im playing on an American Standard Fender Strat Aged Cherry Burst on a Boss GT100 pedal through decent computer speakers. Was recorded on an LG V30 Thin Q so sound quality isnt that good. This sounds better on computer speakers than it does a device. anyway. I never post vids of myself playing ever. this is a 1st. let me know if you enjoy.

Last edited:

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Finally got around to bringing some of my gear home to make a quick vid. ill make more of different genre's. Here's a blues improvise lead over a back track in Em....and let me just say EM is one of my worst keys. I love B and G. Im playing on an American Standard Fender Strat Aged Cherry Burst on a Boss GT100 pedal through decent computer speakers. Was recorded on an LG V30 Thin Q so sound quality isnt that good. This sounds better on computer speakers than it does a device. anyway. I never post vids of myself playing ever. this is a 1st. let me know if you enjoy.

I can't get this to play for some reason.

musclefan21

Established Member

Love that Kris! Great playing!!

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Got it. Great tone. I could sit back and listen to Blues for hours.

You and I need to meet for a jam session.

You say when, and I will be there. You know this though.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
We have a lot of talented players here. Maybe I should begin scouting SVTP for new artists?

BlackHrtStang

METAL!
Established Member
It's been a long while since I have played. I just read strung my v, warlock and acoustic before my boy was born 3 months ago. I was bummed after all that I went to plug into my half stack and can't really get any sound out put from it. Thing is like 16yrs old so I guess I can't really blame it. Op it's a great hobby to have that can take up as much time as you want.
IMG_20181001_182829.jpeg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
It's been a long while since I have played. I just read strung my v, warlock and acoustic before my boy was born 3 months ago. I was bummed after all that I went to plug into my half stack and can't really get any sound out put from it. Thing is like 16yrs old so I guess I can't really blame it. Op it's a great hobby to have that can take up as much time as you want. View attachment 1549620

Shoot me a PM and I will see if I can help you diagnose the issue and get you playing again.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member

Sounds awesome! Great playing, great tone!

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
It's been a long while since I have played. I just read strung my v, warlock and acoustic before my boy was born 3 months ago. I was bummed after all that I went to plug into my half stack and can't really get any sound out put from it. Thing is like 16yrs old so I guess I can't really blame it. Op it's a great hobby to have that can take up as much time as you want. View attachment 1549620

Is it a tube amp? Electrolytic capacitors have a shelf life, whether being played or not. Could be it needs nothing more than a set of caps.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
No. Solid state Randall rh200

Still could be something simple.

I have a Randall G2 75 that I love. The clean channel is perfect for adding a Tube Screamer and a tube preamp in the signal chain. The spring reverb is perfect.

I still want one of James' amps though.

Users who are viewing this thread