GTR vs. ST Motorsports vs. RET

2nd2none

Established Member
I called RET last year about a tune on my GT500 and was quoted $600 for tune assuming I already had my SCT tuner.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Would have been even more cheaper had he done it remotely too. Can't beat our prices especially for the quality he puts into the driveability and realibility alone.

Very true my cobra is a beast but driving it around normal it doesnt feel like I have thst power feels like a normal car until I mash on it

applecarguy

Established Member
Go to GTR! I was there today and they have an awesome shop and awesome customer service. I will be going back there every time I need to get something done on my car.

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
I ended up going to GTR. Charged me 350 for all the labor and 3 before and after pulls. Put down 505/520 . I'm getting a revised tune though .

ProchargedSN-95

Sideways at any speed
Established Member
Go to GTR! I was there today and they have an awesome shop and awesome customer service. I will be going back there every time I need to get something done on my car.

Thanks man, glad we could help. Nice cobra, i liked how the engine bay was setup, very nice:thumbsup:

evolve

Established Member
Im taking my baby to GTR for my headers, x pipe creation, and tune on e85. Should be fun!

racebronco2

Established Member
Old thread but i just couldn't take it anymore. I went to the Mojave mile this weekend. Looks like one maybe to challengers blew up. All cars were tuned by ST motorsports. One superbird challenger was tuned by adam. Last weekend in vegas there was a dodge event. The superbird challenger blew up 60 out of the hole. Adams car also blew up. Superbird challenger was rebuilt and put on the dyno friday, blew up on the dyno. Rebuilt and came out to the mojave mile. Superbird challenger did one run, second run it had to be brought back on a flatbed, you can make your own conclusion. Another Challenger tuned by adam was popping in the pits. I heard he was told to go ahead and run it by adam. Car came back blowing out white smoke one one bank. If adam needs to talk to me he has my number but this is only what happened this weekend. Sorry guys i just had to vent.

Adam@ST

Ok Carlos, your facts are way wrong bud. Quick fact guide....

Alex 2010 Challenger at MATS >>>>>>broken driveshaft fixed Monday morning after the race. Had a front broken cv joint on a carbon fiber DDS driveshaft. Driving the car with a big smile.
Martin 2009 Challenger at MATS >>>>>>> broken axle . Fixed Monday after the race ...
Adams 2009 Challenger at MATS>>>>>> no failures, had a backfire at the track because the t-body stuck and I turned the key off. still running , no issues , drove her to work today.
Joels 2008 Superbird at MATS >>>>>> not blown up, was still running but was making valve train noise. Decided better not to run it to prevent any further issues/damage . Inspection yielded a bent crank . It had an issue , but wasn't catastrophic. Replaced the crank and bearings. Re-used the rods and pistons in the 6.4 block conversion .

Mojave Magnum:
Joels Superbird >>>> trans went away, looks like a circuit board issue in the valve body.. still ran 212.7 mph on a shakedown .
Martin 2009 Challenger>>>> never ran, sticking t-stat . Already fixed.
Bills 2010 Challenger blown head gasket. Been racing this car for over 3 yrs now on all my work. Looks like a head gasket, waiting for inspection right now.
I wont baby sit this thread, nor get into keyboard battle. Feel free to call the shop if you need to sort things out. Adam 909-388-2536

Hawwk11

Established Member
I vote GTR. They are the only shop that touches my 04 Cobra. Gonzalo, Ricardo and all the guys there are very nice and honest. I have been talking to Gonzalo over the phone for the past 7 years to ask all kinds of annoying questions that you can imagine way before i even had my cobra and he never brushed me off or rushed me off the phone. Now that i have my terminator they are the only shop i trust. You can call them or email anytime and they have great service.

Now i cant speak for the others since i have never been to them but GtR is the kind of shop where if you go to them you are glad you did and you know right away that you made the right choice without even going to any other shop.

-Herman

Nolimit

Established Member
These are all great shops but, not engine builders are they? They also do not do machine work in-house do they? I know that stuff is out of the normal bolt on department and am not trying to put anyone down, but who builds Ford modulars engines still and is well recognized in machining?

Users who are viewing this thread