gto VS 3valve

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
yea as strange as this is i ran a t-rex cam ported ls6 head full bolt on stock gear 4k stall ls1 camaro last friday and we stayed side by side 35-115 i guess gears help alot and peak numbers are not always going to win a race.... i guess my car is a freak and no i was not spraying if i did i would be running the whipple not the goat

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
yea as strange as this is i ran a t-rex cam ported ls6 head full bolt on stock gear 4k stall ls1 camaro last friday and we stayed side by side 35-115 i guess gears help alot and peak numbers are not always going to win a race.... i guess my car is a freak and no i was not spraying if i did i would be running the whipple not the goat

So, you do have spray then, huh...

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
idk man. It seems your freak with just a 100shot will be beating 1000hp cars if you are already beating cars wtih over 150 more HP, yet running slower times at the track then them, and trapping less. I.E Cobra......

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
yea my trap sucked but oh well 12.5 with a 1.9 is not bad i have made some upgrades since then anyways but idk how strong it will be if i spray probably good for 118-125 cars depending on shot

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
yea my trap sucked but oh well 12.5 with a 1.9 is not bad i have made some upgrades since then anyways but idk how strong it will be if i spray probably good for 118-125 cars depending on shot

118-125 is a huge gap dude.

1 MPH is good for almost two car lengths. So, 7MPH is buslengths, just an FYI.

It's funny, because, gears don't do much, even 4.10's. Hell, my friend in his 98 Cobra raced my Cobra stock. He makes about the same power you do, weighs about 3550 with him in the car, compared to my 370ish RWHP 3820lb car, and is a better driver. I beat him every time, and he has 4.56 gears.

Yeah, so, throw that theory out the door, lol. Gears only do so much. That is like saying gears knock 4-6 tenths of a second off your 1/4 mile and give you 5+ MPH more. Not happening just by themselves.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
My 05GT with fullbolt on's, stage 3 cams, and 3.73' gears was at 330rwhp with a brenspeed tune( no dyno tune) and i know i couldn't beat a GTO that has 100rwhp more. sorry to say but something doesn't add up.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Wow just wow. really.... The whippled 3V is just a camera car. He isn't racing, he is just trying to get as close as possible so that they can get a good vid of the race. the whipple was spinning and pedaling the whole time. If he really wanted to he could have easily rear ended the GT and passed the GTO.

Back on topic, nice race red3V looks like those -200lbs & 4.10 helped you out!

x2 EXACTLY!

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
118-125 is a huge gap dude.

1 MPH is good for almost two car lengths. So, 7MPH is buslengths, just an FYI.

It's funny, because, gears don't do much, even 4.10's. Hell, my friend in his 98 Cobra raced my Cobra stock. He makes about the same power you do, weighs about 3550 with him in the car, compared to my 370ish RWHP 3820lb car, and is a better driver. I beat him every time, and he has 4.56 gears.

Yeah, so, throw that theory out the door, lol. Gears only do so much. That is like saying gears knock 4-6 tenths of a second off your 1/4 mile and give you 5+ MPH more. Not happening just by themselves.

well idk how cars that trap 118 don't rape me then?

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
My 05GT with fullbolt on's, stage 3 cams, and 3.73' gears was at 330rwhp with a brenspeed tune( no dyno tune) and i know i couldn't beat a GTO that has 100rwhp more. sorry to say but something doesn't add up.

the proof is here take it or leave it

whipplesnake

Established Member

12.5 sounds right for your mods, but the trap will tell us more ,so what was it?

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
1 mph does not = 2car lengths. also I've beat cars from a roll that trap higher than mine.

So have I, what is your point?

Have you ever been to the track?

I raced against a guy that ran a 10.8 to my 12.4 with my slipping clutch. He trapped 121, I trapped 117. Toward the end, I started pulling him.

The highest trap does not mean the faster car. It shows the power of the car.

You and the OP live in fantasy land. Where 350 RWHP cars beat cars with shitloads more power, and other mods, and think it will happen night and day.

The OP raced a few Cobra's. Right? You follow me? He raced his friend, who admitted in the thread, that this little punk in the Cammed 3V jumped before the 3rd honk, and claimed he held the Cobra off. By 90 MPH, the Cobra was closing in, and apparently weight 4200lbs with 2 drivers....Right... Still, a 460 RWHP car that weighs more than a 435 RWHP GTO by over 300lbs pulls on him by 90.

He claimed he could keep up with pullied Cobra's. Proven wrong. Another member here in another Cobra ran this OP, and by the time the Cobra hit 3rd gear, OP was several car lengths behind and still falling back. Does that say something? Ever heard of someone racing a bad driver? Apparently not. He even said the Cobra was a Factory freak, and would not happen again. Then, another Cobra, (not the OP's friends Cobra) beat him by several lengths. Let me guess, FACTORY FREAK? OR, the OP was not driving his best that day? No, it's a simple ****ing fact that an 11 second car is faster than a mid-high 12 second car, and even on teh street, it would take massive error to **** up and lose to said 12 second car.

Kthxbye.

Oh, and in fact it does equal about that.

My friends 05 GT, whom is a way better driver, gets beat by buslengths. He traps 106. Again, you think gears will DRAMATICALLY change a car racing another car with 150+ more HP, and top end gearing. RIGHT!

Last edited:

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
So have I, what is your point?

Have you ever been to the track?

I raced against a guy that ran a 10.8 to my 12.4 with my slipping clutch. He trapped 121, I trapped 117. Toward the end, I started pulling him.

The highest trap does not mean the faster car. It shows the power of the car.

You and the OP live in fantasy land. Where 350 RWHP cars beat cars with shitloads more power, and other mods, and think it will happen night and day.

The OP raced a few Cobra's. Right? You follow me? He raced his friend, who admitted in the thread, that this little punk in the Cammed 3V jumped before the 3rd honk, and claimed he held the Cobra off. By 90 MPH, the Cobra was closing in, and apparently weight 4200lbs with 2 drivers....Right... Still, a 460 RWHP car that weighs more than a 435 RWHP GTO by over 300lbs pulls on him by 90.

He claimed he could keep up with pullied Cobra's. Proven wrong. Another member here in another Cobra ran this OP, and by the time the Cobra hit 3rd gear, OP was several car lengths behind and still falling back. Does that say something? Ever heard of someone racing a bad driver? Apparently not. He even said the Cobra was a Factory freak, and would not happen again. Then, another Cobra, (not the OP's friends Cobra) beat him by several lengths. Let me guess, FACTORY FREAK? OR, the OP was not driving his best that day? No, it's a simple ****ing fact that an 11 second car is faster than a mid-high 12 second car, and even on teh street, it would take massive error to **** up and lose to said 12 second car.

Kthxbye.

Oh, and in fact it does equal about that.

My friends 05 GT, whom is a way better driver, gets beat by buslengths. He traps 106. Again, you think gears will DRAMATICALLY change a car racing another car with 150+ more HP, and top end gearing. RIGHT!

lol there is so many lies in this thread...u are very ignorant this has nothing to do with cobras it is a gto sry u can not stand something without cobra on the side of it being fast at the time there is so much more to speed then peak numbers you obviously live in a world where pwr is everything tunning gearing weight none of that matters this car makes 80 more to the wheels thats not alot considering the weight diffrence and gearing to make it a rape fest... over half of what u said above is very far from the truth i like seeing u get all but hurt over nothing
lata

Last edited by a moderator:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
im gna have to back red3v on this one, ibelieve the win, my buddy has a 05 gt and has cold air midpipe and axle back and man does that thing run, it kind of pisses me off actually, got a KB to end it tho ahah but i have an untuned full bolt on 4v and i have some kinda issue cause he still walks me by about 2 cars..he is tuned

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
lol there is so many lies in this thread...u are very ignorant this has nothing to do with cobras it is a gto sry u can not stand something without cobra on the side of it being fast at the time there is so much more to speed then peak numbers you obviously live in a world where pwr is everything tunning gearing weight none of that matters this car makes 80 more to the wheels thats not alot considering the weight diffrence and gearing to make it a rape fest... over half of what u said above is very far from the truth i like seeing u get all but hurt over nothing
lata

I's not true? That is why I got 2 PM's from both Cobra owners, laughing at you bragging about keeping up, and calling their cars freaks because the fastest N/A 3V lost?

You think your car is the only fine tuned car out there? What is your deal? You think you have hte fastest ****ing thing out there. You beat 11 sec Vettes, 11 Second Cobra's, keep up with this, that, etc. You are full of shit. You post a couple of videos, and think your car is fast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread